Pushback VS DC-9

Per Goldhofer your not suppose to use it in inclement weather. If you’re de-icing it most of been inclement conditions. But what do you expect out of SCABS.

Per Goldhofer your not suppose to use it in inclement weather. If you’re de-icing it most of been inclement conditions. But what do you expect out of SCABS.

In the big picture it saved SCAB Air money in fuel burn. The A/C will be written off on another budget and SCAB Air will claim they saved money on fuel burn.

In the big picture it saved SCAB Air money in fuel burn. The A/C will be written off on another budget and SCAB Air will claim they saved money on fuel burn.

That'll make 2 potential write offs in as many weeks after the damage that occured in YYZ (Swissport beltloader straight into the side of the A/C)....

Talked to some of the Hofer drivers here in dtw....we're still scratching our heads over this one. All we have so far is VERY icy conditions.....why a hofer was used has not been made clear this far down the chain of command yet. I will share whatever info I can as it becomes available.
(by the way, are we still flying delta models anymore? The last I heard we s&&T canned the wet heads, and turned all the elastomeric heads over to the reserves)

CH53E..73,500 pounds of hauling a$$!!!

Talked to some of the Hofer drivers here in dtw....we're still scratching our heads over this one. All we have so far is VERY icy conditions.....why a hofer was used has not been made clear this far down the chain of command yet. I will share whatever info I can as it becomes available.
(by the way, are we still flying delta models anymore? The last I heard we s&&T canned the wet heads, and turned all the elastomeric heads over to the reserves)

CH53E..73,500 pounds of hauling a$$!!!

Goldhofer made it clear they didn’t want it used in snow, sleet or fog.

On the delta models. I’m not 100% sure, I was looking at it a couple months ago and it looks like HMH-463 (Hawaii) may still be flying them. It looks like all the A/D’s from 463 are at http://www.go.to/AMARC but none of the D’s our there. Looking at 463’s website they are still flying them. If they are, those sh&ters most be 30 to 35 years old.

Back