Q-400 troubles

A friend of mine who is a f/a at Alaska called yesterday. He said things were pretty messed up at SEA. They were having to fly Alaska mainline flights from SEA-PDX--a 10 minute trip--to cover for the grounded Horizon flights. There were other Horizon cities that mainline was having to serve, but I don't remember. He said f/as were getting tagged for reassignment left and right yesterday at SeaTac.

A friend of mine who is a f/a at Alaska called yesterday. He said things were pretty messed up at SEA. They were having to fly Alaska mainline flights from SEA-PDX--a 10 minute trip--to cover for the grounded Horizon flights. There were other Horizon cities that mainline was having to serve, but I don't remember. He said f/as were getting tagged for reassignment left and right yesterday at SeaTac.

Your post is wrong on so many levels its hilarious. First, most of the PDX flights are Dash8-200s an airplane unaffected by the inspection. The Q400 flights wiped out Spokane. Additionally, even in a jet, its a good 35 minute flight from SEA to PDX, not 10 minutes. You'd have to be in an SR-71 to make it in 10 minutes. Tell your F/A buddy to get a clue.

Your post is wrong on so many levels its hilarious. First, most of the PDX flights are Dash8-200s an airplane unaffected by the inspection. The Q400 flights wiped out Spokane. Additionally, even in a jet, its a good 35 minute flight from SEA to PDX, not 10 minutes. You'd have to be in an SR-71 to make it in 10 minutes. Tell your F/A buddy to get a clue.

Actually jimntx is not too far off, other than the flight time from SEA to PDX, he is spot on. Things are pretty messed up. There are many flights out of PDX using the Q400.

From a flight attendant's standpoint...

Flight time 35 minutes
minus 15 minutes take-off/climb out
minus 10 minutes cabin prep for landing
leaving 10 minutes to do everything else.

You're welcome.

Actually jimntx is not too far off, other than the flight time from SEA to PDX, he is spot on. Things are pretty messed up. There are many flights out of PDX using the Q400.

But not many SEA-PDX. It is mostly served by the -200.

Back