Qatar Airways threatens to quit Oneworld alliance

If QR does quit 1-world, does that mean that EY joins?  Afterall, they already own a chunk of AB.  Granted they own AZ too and a small slice of EI but if Qatar Air does leave, is there any chance that EY joins 1-world and brings AZ along too?

I suspect it's an empty threat on the part of QR. Of all of the ME4, they're the one most vulnerable and need to be in an alliance. If they left oneworld over what AA has done, I certainly can't see them jumping into Skyteam given AF & DL's opposition on subsidies.

If they did leave, they'll truly be on their own.

If anything, EY will form its own alliance. TK is already in Star Alliance. EK's large enough to survive on their own.

eolesen said:
I suspect it's an empty threat on the part of QR. Of all of the ME4, they're the one most vulnerable and need to be in an alliance. If they left oneworld over what AA has done, I certainly can't see them jumping into Skyteam given AF & DL's opposition on subsidies.

If they did leave, they'll truly be on their own.

If anything, EY will form its own alliance. TK is already in Star Alliance. EK's large enough to survive on their own.
Let em leave, we can use the gate space. 
I am sure DL will treat them like they are accustomed to.

I recall the days when Parker announced that US would be the launch customer for the A350 and take delivery in late 2014. The initial plan was to use the aircraft on routes from PHL to Europe and Asia - making PHL the first U.S. city to have scheduled A350 service.  How things have changed - the first U.S. city to have A350 scheduled service will still be PHL, BUT ON QR - starting on 1/1/2016.