QIK fixes no longer in Migraine Relief

Tried to do that first and the response was - You do not have a supervisor sine needed for this function.

I've done it before, but I might have been in the sups sine since he was helping me and showing me how to detach. Or, it might have just been a time the computer didnt feel like doing what I was asking it to do. I guess I'll have to try again a couple more times to figure out which it was.
I also know it somehow always works out. I've learned real well how to beat the computer at its own game. My point is, I (and the rest of the agents) shouldnt have to play the computer "to win" against it. It should WORK FOR US not the other way around. I dont want to have to try 3 or 4 things to get it to do what they tell me it will do the first time. Its to the point now (and PHX MAMA is gonna scream) that I really dont care most times what comes out of it as long as something does! :ph34r:
No Tad, Im not screaming . I think its been long enough that these things should have been fixed. No excuses. Period. If no one chooses to address these issues than they get what they'er asking for....loss of revenue...loss of customers and the saddest of all... loss of good quality employees or at the least loss of caring employees. I know that with your experience you've given them important issues to addess and possibly how to fix them but they are either not "high prioriy" or no one knows how to fix them.(or cares!) Same result, no fixes. I think you've tried your best and even under these trying circumstances still trying to service our customers. No one can fault you for anything! I just really had high hopes for this merger and have had to take off the rose colored glasses. All I can do for you is hope your days pass quickly. As much as you dont realize it, I am in your corner. Mama

My station had 2 days of QIK/SABRE training and no official QIK/SHARES training. They said since we had about 15 people already working the HP flights and system and the Qik/Sabre training was done they'd catch on. Well, Qik/Sabre is not the same as Qik/Shares and now we're paying for it. Maybe training needs to do some roadshows for someone other than new hires! :rolleyes: ...........................

........Sorry, but it just gets me po-d after a day of dealing with "issues" to be told it isn't that bad when I know and everyone I work with knows IT IS THAT BAD!
Yes, Tad it most certainly is that bad!

As far as the "training" goes, QIK/SABRE training was, IMHO, a total waste. QIK/SABRE and QIK/SHARES are horses of very different colors, indeed. (If the latter can be compared to a horse, at all. More like a jackass, or the posterior of one). How anyone signed off on a station getting no QIK/SHARES leaves me with my usual reaction to Tempe's foolishness: shocked but not surprised. :rolleyes:

A few weeks after the switch to QIK, a regional director was asked if there would be any follow-up training now that everyone had been working with the new system. ( When US switched to Sabre, there was instructor led follow-up training). The response: No, there will be no formal follow-up training, but this station has several new hires who'll be getting three weeks of QIK training (as opposed to 2 days). You can ask the new hires for help. Both the questioner and the others in the room initially thought the regional director was joking; sadly, it was a serious answer!

For those who have seen the latest "About US", check the section about the HP going to Sabre FOS/DECS. Notice how "training" is being emphasized? Seems like the company wants to get this transition right. Could it be that it's because the transition on the ops/dispatch side might matter a little more to the FAA than the res switchover?

On a final note, Companies rise and gain market share usually because they have a better product. In copiers there is a saying "Nobody ever got fired for buying Xerox". SABRE is a market leader for a reason.

But since this group of yahoo's in Tempe took over, how many people have been fired for flying US? :shock:

How many flights a day? How many people changing to another flight (canx, rebook, adjust, etc?) How many different conx points available? I'm sure the people who were used to PHX (and maybe a LAS flight here and there) think it works ok too.

I will grant you that it's only one flight per day though it is about 30-40 conx pax onto about 20 flights on usually around 6 or 7 different airlines. Just today I got to rebook about 100 outbound conex from PHL due to a LAE delay. Don;t mean to sound too defensive.

I don't claim to have any idea how it is in the hubs... I spent a total of 6 days TDY in CLT around cutover and that's my entire experience at a hub. Once again please don't view this as me suggesting that there aren't problems, I see them myself and I'm sure our team members at the hubs see many many more...

I don't know about ATO's but for us even if we have the native entries (which some of us have found - old Pacer) the system will still not take them. I think that sines are part of the issue alongwith with too many "patches" onto programs making it unstable. I feel more comfortable manually storing a fare than assigning a preferred seat - I have about 6 different ways to assign a P seat if the 1st time doesn't work! That makes me want to pull my hair out.

I don't know about ATO's but for us even if we have the native entries (which some of us have found - old Pacer) the system will still not take them. I think that sines are part of the issue alongwith with too many "patches" onto programs making it unstable. I feel more comfortable manually storing a fare than assigning a preferred seat - I have about 6 different ways to assign a P seat if the 1st time doesn't work! That makes me want to pull my hair out.

I can only come up with 5 :)

Just curious why do you have access to native SHARES.?

Tonights lineup consisted of several QIK induced head banging moments.
1st- SOMEONE TELL MNL REZ ABOUT EVOUCHERS PLEASE!!!! They continue to book reservations in NEW record locators which means rebooking back into the original EVOUCHER record, trying to get the same fare or having to store the fare and then ticketing them. Also, if they have an evoucher and are paying with a credit card THEY DONT HAVE TO COME TO THE AIRPORT!!!! Thats the whole point of an evoucher! Someone please tell your rez sup that this is an ongoing problem and needs to be addressed. I've had one from Winston, but most are of the UFM variety. Anyway, the evoucher was for more than the base fare which means QIK cant figure out what to do and tells you theres a system error- see your supervisor. Um, ok, and what is he going to do? Nothing. Get the pricing travel voucher key to show as a 0.00 dollar amount if the voucher is for more than the ticket price. Even exchange. Done. Instead force discount the ticket with no taxes to be applied. Store the fare, hope it works.
2) PHL sent a lady to TPA who was supposed to be going to SEA. She had arrived from ARN and didnt speak English. Luckily we had a flight to SEA tonight, BUT PHL showed her on the plane so her tkt showed USED. Take out USED status, try to reissue F8 to get coupons to SEA. Ticket would not store a fare. Tried invol reissue, no good. After 3 attempts at this, the supv tried to manually store fare (in SEK with a return from SEA-ARN). Still wouldnt work no matter what we did. Ended up after 15 mins getting a FIM to use TPA-LAS-SEA on US (luckily) and printed the PHL-SEA ticket as backup. Get the international tickets to populate the mask easier. Lots of problems getting them to come across in the fare calc area and still dont know why it wouldnt manual store for us.
3) I dont know what the whole story was on this one, just caught the tail end, but computer would not store govt fare for customer. Booked in wrong class of service, wouldnt manual store fare, yada, yada, yada.... Just dump the system ok, its crap and isnt getting much better in any measure of time.
4) WN ZED fares not faring out. Cant compute the taxes and tells you to check if WN is a ZED carrier or store the fare yourself. We can do that, but it takes TIME. No problem, dont go home for several hours and the rest of the customers will just have to wait in line I guess. (Customer didnt get on WN so came back to void out and ticket on Gulfstream.) 3M Gulfstream is a svc chg ticket. Computer wont ticket 3M tickets as service charge. Doesnt find flight info to computer fare (they run as CO Expr but have a separate agreement) so we get to store a fare all over again.
Enough with having to store the fares ourselves. Just make the da*n computer do what its supposed to ok?
5) TPA-BDL on DL not in the system AGAIN! We've already sent this in as a QIKFIX months ago and it was in there. Now suddenly its GONE AGAIN! Try pulling up SNN-TPA on DL - this market currently not served. Throw in a conx in ATL and there it is. We shouldnt have to check with each "enhancement" that the flights are coming thru like they should each time. Its called OAG.COM guys. Buy a subscription!
This is just one person that is voicing major problems and concerns of about every agent at US. There are many many many more problems with SHARES. From skycap to ticket counters to gates to baggage service. tadjr kept it up keep posting and informing the world how bad HP SHARES IS.

thank god we can still access actual sabre availability like we did when we had sabre go to ALT TAB sign into sabre like you would have when e had sabre it will come back invalid thats fine just go ahead and enter availability with the number 1 and you are on your way it will give you up to date availability and schedules on every airline you cant sell them of course but atleast you have ACTUAL avialbility and schedules especaially for our star alliance partners and you good old sabre you never had to constuct a connection. it of course will give up to date availability for AA that you cant get in the pig system we use today. in my station we use sabre availability for all our involuntary domestic and especailly our international reroutes... its still like the old days when you didnt have to worry about rerouting someone and with this pig system im getting a little tired of asking for availability and it gives me the exact flight schedule of WN.. and when you ask for availability on another airline for todays date of travel and you put in lets say BOS-MSY on NW with a connection in MEM it comes back and says YOU ARE 365 DAYS out of availability.. .. MAN they think they are saving money and the money lost and im sure our revenue on the summer european flights have probably tanked because we have MEX and MNL who dont speak any sort of language you can understand are probably saying sorry we dont fly there so you can connect with a star alliance airline to your final destanation.

While I'd like to get this topic back on track - a list of needed QIK improvements and fixes - there is another area that I'd like to address. Not a QIK short coming as such, because there is no equivelant of SAI in QIK. But nothing has really replaced QIK.

Background: back in the pre_QIK world of US Airways (East) most Customer Service training courses and quizzes were done in the Sabre function, SAI (Sabre Assisted Instruction). There was also a new program called Scholar , but SAI was where most of the training courses were housed. In addition to the courses tailored for US Airways, those who felt so inclined could access a huge library of courses available to all Sabre users.

The SAI courses covered government mandated initial and recurrent training for areas such as Dangerous Goods, Back Safety, and Security; company mandated courses including gate/ticketing functions and emergency procedures were also completed using SAI. New Hires in customer service had to review much information and complete a great number of courses and in SAI before they could could work "on their own".

Now that Sabre is gone, so is SAI. While HP does have an online training system called I-learning, it has nowhere near the number of courses and amount of information that SAI had.
While new hires are assigned some I Learning courses, they do not cover anywhere what the required new hire courses in SAI did. A call to the training department was answered that "I learning is new. A lot of courses are still in the planning stages". OK I Learning is new to the East side, but how did the HP side cover the "missing" areas of training?

HP training is a total joke they put everything in memo form so now we have tons of memos plastered all over the bulletin boards for us to read like we have time .. wait they will come up with the good old way of doing things like it was 25 years ago... THE READ AND INITIAL FILE.. if you read it and initiled it than no excuse why you didnt know... totally agree with you what happened to all those MANDATED courses that we had to take in SAI lessons besides the recurrent jetway training stuff. You will never see the great stuff the Old USAirways training department did with this system and this new company.. though we would like to be proven wrong

thank god we can still access actual sabre availability like we did when we had sabre go to ALT TAB sign into sabre ...

Is this still up and running? I havent had luck getting it to work recently. Of course it could once again be a computer specific issue. I'll try ALL the computers at the counter this week and see if we can get ANY of them to do this.

"QUOTE:"Just curious why do you have access to native SHARES.?"

We don't have access to SABRE we lost that back in June. I was saying we even try native SHARES entries to attempt to resolve issues and it doesn't work!!

Back