Question For Pitbull

DCAflyer

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
Pitbull,

A friend of mine is thinking about accepting the MDA bid. She wants to bid for October training, but is not asolultely sure if she will be available. October is the only month she wants to begin, not November or December. We both read the offer letter and are of differing views.

She thinks that if she requests October training, and then cancells BEFORE two weeks prior tot he start of training, that she will be considered a Permanent Pass from MDA.

I didn't read it that way. I interpreted it that as long as she cancels prior to two weeks before class (i.e., two weeks and one day before training begins) that this will essentially be her FIRST pass and she will be entitled to receive her second offer.

Can you offer her some clarification?

Thanks in advance.

-DCAflyer

There is so much confusion out there regarding these recalls, yet very few places to turn to for help! I am wondering if you bid for a particular month (like your friend wants October for example) does that mean you will get it? Or might it be later? :blink:

I still can't find an answer as to how many flight attendants have yet to go through classes from the last group. (June through August acceptees)
Don't they still have somewhere around 100 to put through class before they even start to process the people that just got their letters this week?

No one in the sup office seems to know...is the AFA office the place to get info? :unsure:

If you friend bids ONLY October...and the class is filled with more senior folks than she, she will not be awarded for this grouping of classes. If she is "recalled" for Oct. and then decides to cancel, she needs to do it well in advance of two weeks to ensure the co. knows she has declined, and it will be considered a pass.

They have sent letters out to 400 from my understanding. That will take them close to the bottom of the list. Than they will have to go back up the list for those who did not get the dates they wanted because they couldn't hold the seniority.

If there is no more INVOLS, they will hire off the street. However, plan on more INVOLS from mainline with this round of concessions if it is ratified.

Many thanks, Pitbull. That should clear the issue. I will pass along the information.

Back