Ramp Accident in DFW

ILS2MINIMUMS

Dec 12, 2006
Passing through DFW today I learned that one of our Rampers was run over by a tug. The guys I talked to said it was really serious and the injured guy isn't doing too well...

Does anyone have info about his condition, and does anyone know if a fund has been set up to donate money to him and his family?

Passing through DFW today I learned that one of our Rampers was run over by a tug. The guys I talked to said it was really serious and the injured guy isn't doing too well...

Does anyone have info about his condition, and does anyone know if a fund has been set up to donate money to him and his family?

He underwent more surgery earlier today, Dr's trying to get circulation back into his right leg. They had to remove his left leg a few days ago. Lots of internal issues,ruptured spleen and shattered pelvis,etc.. Still remains in very critical condition.

There are various people on the ramp taking donations, and i think the APA has even set up a fund of sorts. There was a blood drive for him today at DFW in the Yandry center. There may be something set up with the AA credit union for those wanting to donate, im not for sure.

He underwent more surgery earlier today, Dr's trying to get circulation back into his right leg. They had to remove his left leg a few days ago. Lots of internal issues,ruptured spleen and shattered pelvis,etc.. Still remains in very critical condition.

There are various people on the ramp taking donations, and i think the APA has even set up a fund of sorts. There was a blood drive for him today at DFW in the Yandry center. There may be something set up with the AA credit union for those wanting to donate, im not for sure.

Gonna check with my local credit union branch. If anyone has any other info on how to donate, please post it here.

Keep him in your prayers and take care of his family, remember that AA will only provide him with 10 IOD days,he will likely have used that up before he wakes. AA used to provide 80 days of IOD precisely because the Ramp is a dangerous enviornment. It hasnt become any safer. Combined with the drastically reduced sick time accrual, from 12 to 5 a year, it wont be long till the funds stop.

A few years back the Maint Local at DFW had a raffle drive for a member whose child has autism, we sold every one of them at 562. Maybe they could start another raffle or organize a collection through the Locals?

Either that or maybe the TWU International could make a donation since after all the IOD and sick time were slashed in order to preserve the $3million that AA gives them every year.

Keep him in your prayers and take care of his family, remember that AA will only provide him with 10 IOD days,he will likely have used that up before he wakes. AA used to provide 80 days of IOD precisely because the Ramp is a dangerous enviornment. It hasnt become any safer. Combined with the drastically reduced sick time accrual, from 12 to 5 a year, it wont be long till the funds stop.

A few years back the Maint Local at DFW had a raffle drive for a member whose child has autism, we sold every one of them at 562. Maybe they could start another raffle or organize a collection through the Locals?

Either that or maybe the TWU International could make a donation since after all the IOD and sick time were slashed in order to preserve the $3million that AA gives them every year.

Surely State Workers Comp takes over. Most States pay 66 2/3s of salary (untaxed) for as long as he/she is disabled or until a settlement is reached. A GOOD WC attorney should be contacted immediately. This does not negate the immediate needs of his family while wc is being established. Minor claims can be done without an attorney but something of this magnitude required the best working for you. This is so sad to hear`and you can only hope AA doesn't attempt to controvert the claim. Please keep us posted. Thoughts and prayers will be "sent" to the worker and his family.

A person of normal height cannot be seen by the driver, if he stands directly behind the tractor ( Hough ). The driver should never exceed walking speed during push/back tow. Most equipment on the Ramp is not designed with safety in mind.

God Bless him.

Dr.s couldn't save his right leg, had to remove it earlier today.

Just a suggestion... When my son was paralyzed, we held a raffle for a cruise gift certificate. $3 a ticket, $5 for 3 tickets. The generosity of the former TWA f/as (all knowing they were probably going to lose their jobs) was overwhelming. Enough money was raised for my son to purchase a gently used Honda Oddessy, which we had fitted with hand controls. This is/was an easy fund raiser. We made up packets of 100 tickets and sent them to everyone we knew. F/as had packets in the mail room and it was a wonderful and touching experience. Ours only ran for 20 days. (Dec 1 to Dec 20) This was done so that the winner could have the gift certificate for Christmas. Cost was the gift certificate (if someone has contacts at a travel agency, this could cut the cost or maybe secure an upgrade, tickets, and some mailing expenses . Our certificate was for $1500. Even the APFA generously joined in with donations. I can't tell you how this made me feel. I have never been one to ask for help, but a castastophic injury changes everything. It also gives the family something positive to focus on and from my experience, the notes that came with returned tickets were "the best". If any of the injured man's friends need any help, I can be contacted @ [email protected]. I also helped with several "strike" fundraisers and am former Junior League..lol (the ultimate fundraiser)

Latest posts

Back