Read The Stimulus

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
You've heard it here, there and everywhere in the news media - the time is now for a big-government economic stimulus package, not only to revive the economy, but to salvage America's crumbling infrastructure.

That's one of the selling points used over and over again by pundits, as they are paraded out repeatedly on broadcast and cable network news programs - that so-called "shovel-ready" projects will challenge economic woes by revitalizing something we need to do anyway. But only 3 percent of the Obama stimulus plan is slated for such projects.

In a conference call on Jan. 23, House Minority Whip Rep. Eric Cantor and Hensarling pointed out some of the more egregious spending provisions in the House Democrat proposal:

* For every dollar that is spent for small business tax relief, $4 are being spent for the maintenance and new grass in Washington, D.C.
* $360 million for sexually transmitted disease education
* $50 million for the National Endowment of Arts
* $726 million for an afterschool snack program
* Office furniture for the public health service
* More money for Amtrak

"How any of this fits under the banner of economic stimulus is beyond me," Hensarling said. "I think it would prove to be beyond the American people as well."

See http://www.readthestimulus.org which has a spreadsheet on the breakdown of the bill.

If Big 'O',Pelosi and Reid had any concept of economic stimulation they would be going for offshore drilling ASAP.That alone would provide industry core stimulus across the board.Oil would be marketable in 3-5 years....although Biden claimed 10-30 years...even so...look at all the stimulus and taxes that would come from that long term growth project.

This perverted love affair with the greenies will bring us further down upon our knees.Its already doing that in the EU.
America's future isn't in wind farms on every acre.

This stimulus package is full of pork 'er I mean earmarks if I ever saw them.....what do we need contraceptives for??

So we don't have too many unwanted children while we screw around waiting for our Obama welfare checks??

This administration should be ashamed.

Dems Flat Out Admit They Think We Don’t Care About Pork Spending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw

:blink: Um, yeah…we do. It’s why Republicans got voted out of office, and anyone who thinks differently will be voted out as well. Moreover, President Obama said he cares, and doesn’t want any pork in the stim bill. He said last night there IS NO PORK in it. Is Chuck Schumer telling us President Obama lied?

Republicans think they got voted out because of pork spending? I know politicians are not to bright (other wise they could get a real job) but do the republicans really think that's why they lost?

Dems Flat Out Admit They Think We Don’t Care About Pork Spending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw

:blink: Um, yeah…we do. It’s why Republicans got voted out of office, and anyone who thinks differently will be voted out as well. Moreover, President Obama said he cares, and doesn’t want any pork in the stim bill. He said last night there IS NO PORK in it. Is Chuck Schumer telling us President Obama lied?

well if he says there is no pork in it he is either stupid or lying take your pick

and whatever you think about him I don't thinkyou'd call him stupid

now Pelosi? that's stupid

Why then is the administration making what appears to be a blunder? It may be that it is hoping for the best. But it also seems it has set itself the wrong question. It has not asked what needs to be done to be sure of a solution. It has asked itself, instead, what is the best it can do given three arbitrary, self-imposed constraints: no nationalisation; no losses for bondholders; and no more money from Congress. Yet why does a new administration, confronting a huge crisis, not try to change the terms of debate? This timidity is depressing. Trying to make up for this mistake by imposing pettifogging conditions on assisted institutions is more likely to compound the error than to reduce it.

We head into la la land.........

Interesting forward I received...about sums it all up in a nutshell:

Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics
professor and says, "I don't understand this stimulus bill. Can you
explain it to me?"

The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my
office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my
weekend project, I'll be glad to explain it to you." The student agreed.

At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professor's
house. The pr ofessor stated that the weekend project involved his
backyard pool.

They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the
student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said,
"First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water
as you can." The student did as he was instructed.

The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and
then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was
naturally confused, but did as he was told.

The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times,
and began walking back to the deep end of the pool.

The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?"

The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the
shallow end much deeper.

The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but
figured that he would find out the real story soon enough.

However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end,
the student began to become worried that his economics professor had
gone mad. The student finally replied, "All we're doing is wasting
valuable time and effort on unproductive pursuits. Even worse, when this
process is all over, everything will be at the same level it was before,
so all you'll really have accomplished is the destruction of what could
have been truly productive action!"

The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile,
"Congratulations. You now understand the stimulus bill."

varv02202009a20090220040235.jpg

27 out of 48 PORK..............ERR, earmarks on the list, http://www.stimuluswatch.org/, are headed for California, San Francisco, specifically...................................can you say P-E-L-O-S-I ? :down:

The good news is that many of the projects are still "candidates" for funding, but have yet to be finally approved for funding. Since many projects were not included in the actual "Act", the projects can be changed/altered up to the point of being funded. For example, I don't believe the "Anaheim to Las Vegas" train has been approved yet... thus, if you truly care, make your voice heard and have that $8 billion of funding go to a different transit project, such as a rail line between Chicago and other major unconnected metropolitan areas.

The good news is that many of the projects are still "candidates" for funding, but have yet to be finally approved for funding. Since many projects were not included in the actual "Act", the projects can be changed/altered up to the point of being funded. For example, I don't believe the "Anaheim to Las Vegas" train has been approved yet... thus, if you truly care, make your voice heard and have that $8 billion of funding go to a different transit project, such as a rail line between Chicago and other major unconnected metropolitan areas.

The Anahiem to Las Vegas train definetly has the smell of pork to it. Or as I call it the "Degenerate Gamblers Express".

There are definetly better ways to spend that money than on a train that during the week will be half empty. Anyone who has driven between So Cal and Vegas during the week can tell you how empty that road is. Or look at the loads on flight between LAX and LAS.

Before they spend money on that project they had better start fixing the bridges and roads. Sometimes I feel like a Formula 1 driver trying to avoid all the potholes on my way to work. And if they are going to spend money on trains they should spend it on trains in places like LA. Or bullet trains between cities on the east coast.

Here's the story of a SCHOOL BUS DRIVER who is about to lose her $800,000 home, and wants me and you and Obama to bail her out.

She even admits she bought too much home...poo poo

CNN VIDEO LINK