RECALL of Council 70 President! Merged Topics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I see the "XX Years of experience" I always wonder:

Is it truly 37 years experience or is it one year of actual experience and in TG's case 36 years of repitition of the first years experience?
What? That does not even make sense...How is that different from anyone else who gains experience? :rolleyes:

It is 37 years of experience. Negotiating. Defending our contract. Fighting for the membership. I cannot speak for the LECP, because I have only known her since she was voted in, but I can speak for the LECVP. She knows her stuff. We better find some more F/A's who have the passion that she does, or we will be in trouble when she retires....

Thank you.

Bob,

I don't disagree with you one bit when it comes to task performance - whether that task is teaching sales or flying planes.

My only disagreement is this - institutional memory is important also. The longer one does a job, the higher the probability that they have experiences not covered in "the book". Experiences they've learned lessons from. Someone with less time in that job, while technically as proficient, may not have learned those lessons.

Heck, I've been doing this job for 27 years and still learn something on a regular basis. Am I still gaining experience?

Not saying that bad leadership should be condoned just because they've been in the job for a long time. Just saying that "book learning" doesn't cover everything.

Jim

Problem here is yes there is a plus to someone having long standing with the union, but when the person is not willing to do go the extra mile anymore and learn new things and new concepts then it is time for that person to go and for new blood to be put in the office. There are alot of people out here that do have past practice in the union and with this company that would be just as good if not better than what is currently in office.

To show the ethics of the office and to show that they all need to go the Vice President and the President and the MEC President knows that this is currently being permitted!!!!
The PHL Reserve Chair who is a junior reserve who if he were flying the line just like the rest of us would be getting the 73 hour guarantee and then flying on Off days for his extra time is being able to swap his schedule around to fly etb trips. He has line R1075 for the month of August. The days he was to be on call for the company he was flying ETB time. He was able to fly an international ETB trip on the 3 days that he was suppose to be on call for the company. There are all these restrictions for the rest of us reserves. Why is this permissible? He was suppose to be off the first two days of the month and then not again til the 7th. So everyone call and see if you can move your schedule around too!!!! This is just one example of the many unethical practices that local 70 is currently permitting.

there are 250 names on the re-call for L.A. want to add your name? look for the grimm reaper in the PHL parking lot tomm from 0600--1800 the one with the red hat will have the re-call list for you to sign...we are just getting started!!! :up:

Better have a secret password in case there is more than one person with a red hat.

lovethesun:

The RSV Chair changed his schedule so he could be in the office M-F. Who do you think answers the phones and helps attend the office during the week? Do ever even call the union office or stop by? If he is flying he can't be in the office so would you rather just have Terri doing it all herself? I know I would rather have him availible for me during the week if I needed something. Your argument here is a little silly since he is doing more work hours than we do in the office.

lovethesun:

The RSV Chair changed his schedule so he could be in the office M-F. Who do you think answers the phones and helps attend the office during the week? Do ever even call the union office or stop by? If he is flying he can't be in the office so would you rather just have Terri doing it all herself? I know I would rather have him availible for me during the week if I needed something. Your argument here is a little silly since he is doing more work hours than we do in the office.

Beachboy,

Who is suppose to be answering the phones is the Pres., the VP., and the Secretary. He should not be able to move his schedule around to be able to fly the ETB trips. If I need someone I expect it to be one of my elected officers not a reserve chair.

Beachboy,

Who is suppose to be answering the phones is the Pres., the VP., and the Secretary. He should not be able to move his schedule around to be able to fly the ETB trips. If I need someone I expect it to be one of my elected officers not a reserve chair.
Now that is a great point. Also, if these elected officers are getting 105 fpl, which would average 21 days to get. This would equal 63 days among the 3 officers. This would allow for 2 people to be in the office on any given day during a 31 day month.

Well all I have seen is dedication and quick responses from the VP and RSV Chair. I stop by after going to the credit union and they are always there. I call in with a question and it gets answered. That's what I want in a union rep. That office really needs to have 3 or 4 people a day in it with the BS Philly base throws at em.
As for the SEC/TRES, she seems nice and from what I hear she knew how Laura would run the office and left it alone. I hope she does get back involved. Your entitled to your opinion but careful what you wish for. Very few people want to work as much as they do for a thankless job. Most flight attendants like to #### but when it comes to getting involved and helping fix problems they have better things to do. How about you?

To show the ethics of the office and to show that they all need to go the Vice President and the President and the MEC President knows that this is currently being permitted!!!!
The PHL Reserve Chair who is a junior reserve who if he were flying the line just like the rest of us would be getting the 73 hour guarantee and then flying on Off days for his extra time is being able to swap his schedule around to fly etb trips. He has line R1075 for the month of August. The days he was to be on call for the company he was flying ETB time. He was able to fly an international ETB trip on the 3 days that he was suppose to be on call for the company. There are all these restrictions for the rest of us reserves. Why is this permissible? He was suppose to be off the first two days of the month and then not again til the 7th. So everyone call and see if you can move your schedule around too!!!! This is just one example of the many unethical practices that local 70 is currently permitting.
Ok, here we go again :blink: ....

He is not flying the line just like you and I! The Reserve Chair is in the office M-F. With this being the case, he would HAVE TO HAVE WEEKENDS OFF!! He flies an ETB over the weekend, he puts more time in the next week. He is working a h*ll of alot more time than you or I, so why should he be paid 73 hours? We are paid 73 hours to sit around and do [basically] nothing. What is so hard to understand about that?? Does it not make sense for him to work mostly during the week?! And then, does it stand to reason that he would then have to have weekends off? WHO CARES what rsv line he got for August, it is going to be moved around no matter what!!! He is junior to me, should I be whining because I cannot hold all weekends off? He has a responsibility to be available to us, and since most management is not around on the weekends, weekdays make sense! THAT is why it is permissible. :rolleyes: This guy works hard and we are lucky to have him on our side.

If you would like that same flexibility, then you too should get involved and secure a position similar to his. Channel your anger towards management, who plans on further gutting our contracts to maintain "COST NEUTRALITY." That should be the real focus here....

Thank you.

He is not flying the line just like you and I! The Reserve Chair is in the office M-F. With this being the case, he would HAVE TO HAVE WEEKENDS OFF!! He flies an ETB over the weekend, he puts more time in the next week. He is working a h*ll of alot more time than you or I, so why should he be paid 73 hours? We are paid 73 hours to sit around and do [basically] nothing. What is so hard to understand about that?? Does it not make sense for him to work mostly during the week?! And then, does it stand to reason that he would then have to have weekends off? WHO CARES what rsv line he got for August, it is going to be moved around no matter what!!! He is junior to me, should I be whining because I cannot hold all weekends off? He has a responsibility to be available to us, and since most management is not around on the weekends, weekdays make sense! THAT is why it is permissible. :rolleyes: This guy works hard and we are lucky to have him on our side.

If you would like that same flexibility, then you too should get involved and secure a position similar to his. Channel your anger towards management, who plans on further gutting our contracts to maintain "COST NEUTRALITY." That should be the real focus here....

Thank you.

He does not have the responsibility to be there. His position as a reserve chair is a volunteer position. Who has the responsibility to be there are once again the ones that we elected into the positions!!!! Are the reserve chairs and the other chairs in other bases paid 105 for their work? If you believe that we are lucky to have him then you are definitely snowed. Wouldn't you like the ability to be flying the line on the days you are on call and then flying etb trips extra. Wouldn't you like the flexibility to move your days off around to accommodate etb trips. He is not suppose to be able to do that. Wouldn't you like the ability to get the amount of time in a month that he does.

He does not have the responsibility to be there. His position as a reserve chair is a volunteer position. Who has the responsibility to be there are once again the ones that we elected into the positions!!!! Are the reserve chairs and the other chairs in other bases paid 105 for their work? If you believe that we are lucky to have him then you are definitely snowed. Wouldn't you like the ability to be flying the line on the days you are on call and then flying etb trips extra. Wouldn't you like the flexibility to move your days off around to accommodate etb trips. He is not suppose to be able to do that. Wouldn't you like the ability to get the amount of time in a month that he does.
Just to let you know, here in CLT, we only have 2 officers in place. Our LECP went on to be MECP, which moved the other 2 up one slot. The other position was never filled. Also, we don't have a reserve chair. We had one, but she was strictly a volunteer, no compensation. We did have a RSV committee, but our LECP doesn't want it to be a formal one. I think she is realizing we are getting things done and answered ourselves. However it needs to get done it fine.

Thank you.

:rolleyes: HUMMM... As I remember all Reserves can fly on their days off. The Reserve chair is sitting in that office fielding call and representing the F/A in Grievance's and holding other meetings with in-flight M-F then on his own time flying ETB trips like other RSV can do. There's Reserves sitting not flying and getting 73 hrs a month and then flying on their days off on ETB trips...Which is perfectly fine to do ... everyone has a mortgage or rent to play...that the way the system works. So why are YOU so up in arms about his work week? He's out there standing up HELPING RSV & BH.

100% Wrong, She and her husband own and maintain a house in Philadelphia. Saw her yesterday as a matter of fact, she was in CA 3 Days last month. That's it. Oh and by the way she was in the office M-F last week, and flew via the AIL on Saturday. With 37 years of Union experience and negotiating under her belt, I think we may want her to stick around for the few years she has left. She also told me that she (AFA) are in for the "fight of their life" with this contract merging business.... We'll see what happens!

Thank you.

PS: After hearing the dirt, I signed the petition. Unreal.....

Yea, last week she decided to act ethically. Tell her to supply her pay hours for the last 12 months...

Her excuse is they are in for the fight of their life??? When was she planning to get started on that? She is not on the committee, and she voted to share the profit sharing with AWA which was the only monetary value enhancement to the East contract. Who is she saying she is looking to protect? The profit sharing goes by her W-2, and by the accusations of flying 60-80 hours ETB, her profit sharing will be bigger the 99.9% of the f/as.

All of a sudden, this week she has a conscious and is trying to save her position by acting responsibly with her members.

Little late to get a conscious. I bet when she flew AIL she told every single f/a that it was off AIL. Trust she hasn't done that since in office in July 2005.

What? That does not even make sense...How is that different from anyone else who gains experience? :rolleyes:

It is 37 years of experience. Negotiating. Defending our contract. Fighting for the membership. I cannot speak for the LECP, because I have only known her since she was voted in, but I can speak for the LECVP. She knows her stuff. We better find some more F/A's who have the passion that she does, or we will be in trouble when she retires....

Thank you.

Ah, Geezus, give me a break already...she is not the creme de le creme from my dealings with her. Fruit cake is the first thing that comes to mind. If she can put two sentences together you got her on a good moment. She gets all her advice from Carol A. PSA and that who is neogiating the transition agreement. PHL just has the vote to vote the provisions that they want in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back