Reciprocal Cabin Seat/Jumpseat Agreements

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/jumpseats_now

Reciprocal Cabin Seat/Jumpseat Agreements Needed Now
Reciprocal Flight Attendant Cabin Seat and Jumpseat Agreements between carriers are becoming common place throughout the aviation industry.

Progressive and respected carriers such as Southwest, Jetblue, Delta, American, Air Tran, ATA, Spirit, and Frontier Airlines to name a few, see the benefits associated with these types of agreements.

Management's delay in initiating these much needed enhancements to flight attendant travel benefits is short sighted.

You can help send a clear message to management of US Airways. Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreements with other carriers can be, and should be, implemented now.

Send this letter to Doug Parker, Scott Kirby, and Sherri Shamblin. Tell them that any further delay is unacceptable.

*********GET THIS OUT THERE!************

Only stating opinions

I sent it a few days ago and received a response from PK saying that they have been focusing on integration issues previously, but are now devoting a lot of time to adding this valued benefit for our FA's.....

We shall see....

To be exact, though, a Jumpseat agreement with AA does not mean that a flight attendant from another airline can occupy a jumpseat on an AA flight. What it means is that "cabin jumpseat-qualified employees" of other airlines can fly for free in coach on a space available basis. It's only been within the past couple of years that AE flight attendants have been allowed to occupy a jumpseat on AA when commuting.

You should sign up for the e- lines; they just sent out a long email on it... go to afausairways.org or afa66.org.....

Thanks. I got the E-Line and Sent the Letters, Now let's See What Happens If Anything!! ;) EVERY F/A NEED"S TO SEND THIS LETTER!!! :up:

I'd rather have our union work on our contract ... maybe I can get a raise so I can afford to go home :blink:

I have sent mine though

I think you're on to something there. F/A's priorities:

1 trash bags
2 pie
3 non rev issues
4 uniform issues
5 jumpseat issues
6 contract
7 customer service

Back