Reconfigured A321s

Why is US Airways the corniest airline ever. It just doesn't end. Seriously, what a friggin joke.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Honestly the airline has always been a mess and it contiues to be my LAST choice. Who in their right mind would fly US...so sad they just ( mgmt ) cant ever get it right. One fiasco and blundering mistake after another.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Honestly the airline has always been a mess and it contiues to be my LAST choice. Who in their right mind would fly US...so sad they just ( mgmt ) cant ever get it right. One fiasco and blundering mistake after another.
But you can't keep away from this board, can ya? ;) We appreciate the well wishes...

Management including Doug should be restricted to only be allowed to fly US in the coach cabin, preferably middle seats only. I bet after one long flight when their legs fall asleep and it feels like they are about to give a teeth cleaning to the passenger that reclines their seat all the way back in front of them will they improve anything in coach. I will never fly US on flights longer then 3 hours.
Go back to DoUgIe's Judge and tell him about this. Get him for breaking parole. Then he'll be put in with Bubba! Sorry you can't take a KY past Security, NO Liquids or Gels>! B) B)

The dumbos at the Sandcastle OBVIOUSLY didn't learn from their mistakes when they reconfigured the A320......just saw the Bulletin concerning the A321- NO Closets, tiny F/C galley and cramped seating in Coach (20 more pax). The A321 is a flying pig....nice to look at but NOT ideal for a Transcon.......and now they will be stopping for fuel. The IDIOTS ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM! Have another Bud Lite! :down:

When are they going to quit messing around with the always underpowered, short legged Airbus' and start getting the Boeings?

How many airlines worldwide do not use these aircraft for long flights? Air France even uses the 777!

I know we cant just replace the fleet, but come on, a freaking fuel stop on a trans con? Why dont they just give out tickets to CO and Delta, it would save everyone some time.

Unfreakingbelievable!!! What kind of fly-by-night outfit puts aircraft on routes they know they can't feasibly do??? And as LCC's VP of Scheduling said, if the mission is beyond the capabilities of the A321, they simply won't sell all 183 seats. HELLO!!! Then why the hell try to cram more seats in the damn thing??? There go any profits you might have otherwise had.

I could understand having to make an unscheduled stop if you were flying East coast U.S. to somewhere in Asia and experienced higher-than-usual headwinds, but a U.S. transcon??? Fuel stops suck, i was on a few myself when DAL flew ATL-NRT with our old MD-11's during the winter. But that was a 14 hour flight!!!

And if your talking a 60-75 minute turnaround for the fuel stop, you've essentially delayed that aircraft for the rest of the day. Why not take a few 757's off the northeast-Florida routes, which are no more than 800-900 miles, and put them on the few routes the A321 might run into trouble?

I know LCC is currently in negotiations with Boeing and Airbus for replacements for their B-737-300 i believe, why not go for the 737-800's, they have more than enough range to make east-west coast transcons, 3,000nm i believe. Though they are a little smaller than the A321.

From day one, there have been plenty of people who predicted that a lot of fuel stops will be the end result of the A321 reconfigs. The simple truth is, there are certain times of the year that US will be able to put fewer pax on the 321 than with the current config because of the extra weight of the added seats! I predict that money lost to compensated pax, additional landing fees, crew time, cancelled downline flights, etc, will far exceed the added revenue...and that doesn't take into account the lost revenue from pax who will change their travel patterns for transcon flying.

The travelling public needs to be aware of these fuel stops and plan accordingly (book AWAY from US). The DOT should not allow an airline to knowingly operate flights advertised as NONSTOP when operationally a fuel stop is required. I hope this bites them in the arse real good. (and they're talking China.........bullsh*t!)

It would make less sense to put 20 767-300's on these type of routes since they don't have any, so I think they should do that instead.

So now instead of one slap in the face of loyal elite customers who are losing upgrades due to this stupid move, they are adding insult to injury by slapping ALL customers in the face by reducing the reliability of their performance.

It not only defies logic, but they admit it in a semi public forum!!!

Now what did Forest Gump say???????

I am not going to say...but I think most of you get it.......

<Unfreakingbelievable!!! What kind of fly-by-night outfit puts aircraft on routes they know they can't feasibly do???>

It won't be just the Domestic flying that will have this problem. Keep an eye on the Athens-Philly flights. They'll be stopping in Gander or Bangor for fuel.

Mtnman

Unfreakingbelievable!!! What kind of fly-by-night outfit puts aircraft on routes they know they can't feasibly do??? And as LCC's VP of Scheduling said, if the mission is beyond the capabilities of the A321, they simply won't sell all 183 seats. HELLO!!! Then why the hell try to cram more seats in the damn thing??? There go any profits you might have otherwise had.
. . .
And if your talking a 60-75 minute turnaround for the fuel stop, you've essentially delayed that aircraft for the rest of the day. Why not take a few 757's off the northeast-Florida routes, which are no more than 800-900 miles, and put them on the few routes the A321 might run into trouble?

FFOCUS give up.

Tempe will not listen. These guys have a mentally that will not change until BK3 or someone buys them or they suddenly find they are throwing a loss.

Knowing you can't use the seats and will for an extended period each year have to weight restrict the plane, they continue to proceed with an ill thought out plan. You'd think after the 320 fiasco that would change their minds and not degrade the flying experience for everyone, but bottom line spreadsheet overrules common sense.

FF's book away.

I guess TEMPE can't figure out the 757 would be the ticket for transcons

If they want more seats for transcon, why not just move the 757 to the transcon routes. 8F is a joke for sure, but I prefer this over a fuel stop.

Back