Refund problems

rezcat

Apr 5, 2007
if management think this is the worst quarter ever, I say they better get ready for some more disappointment. We have had only one month of Shares in this quarter, imagine the losses after 4 months. The first week of Shares was fraught with technical problems that we are all fully aware of... But
it's only when we started noticing what this filthy system did behind the scenes when making purchases that we knew we were in trouble.

The system, (through no fault of our own) has been overcharging, doublecharging, undercharging, and basically making a mockery of our procedures. Passengers are going to want all these erroneous charges back, and it's going to take months.... I suggest management take a quick look at the amount of PNR's on the queue for a refund and they will know just what I am talking about.

They should do one of two things... give us Sabre back, (ha) or let us refund locally. This is system is turning US Airways into the laughing stock of the industry.

From my own refund experience, I know there's a problem. Pre-cutover I purchased a revenue ticket for travel, not wanting to deal with flying standby over the holidays. An error was made with the first ticket, which was voided, and another ticket was issued -- and flown. By the time I learned I was double-charged, the company's accounting department no longer was in North Carolina and located only in Tempe.
(by the way, I was able to verify, using station copies of the agents' ATAC reports, that, indeed, one ticket showed as voided, the other charged.)
I contacted refunds. Per their procedures, I faxed them and waited seven days before contacting again. No record of my request for refund. Per their procedures, I faxed again and waited another seven days. I faxed a third time and waited. Nothing. I couldn't speak with a human. Just a recorded menu listing how the procedures above to fax and wait.
Finally I had to contact my credit card company to investigate and arrange a credit to my account. Never to this day have I received anything from US Airways regarding my refund request.
To those here who always defend Tempe, what have you to say? More excuses, I guess!

Finally I had to contact my credit card company to investigate and arrange a credit to my account. Never to this day have I received anything from US Airways regarding my refund request.
To those here who always defend Tempe, what have you to say? More excuses, I guess!

Imagine, over 50,000 problems like your own... and you will understand the scale of the problem...

The stated in our 2.5 training class that it will be almost impossible to refund anyone's ticket. That came out of the "mouths of babes" in EVERY training class. So you, as the consumer will NEVER get a refund and that is factual. This operation is now being rumored as "Walmart II"!

From the Customers First Service Plan-
Provide Prompt Ticket Refunds
Each airline will issue refunds for eligible tickets within seven business days for credit card purchases and 20 business days for cash purchases.

US Airways will refund fully-refundable unused tickets purchased by credit card within seven business days of receipt of the refund application. Refundable unused tickets purchased with cash or check will be refunded within 20 business days of receipt of the refund application. Eligible tickets include fully-refundable unused tickets with proper documentation.

All refund requests are entered into a tracking system by refund type, date of receipt and date of correspondence.

Does this not apply to nonrev tickets? I sent in unused pass tkts on March 14th issued on a credit card. In the past I could have just RFND in the computer and it would be credited back to my card in a day or two. Now, you must fill out a paper form and send it to refunds. They finally credited my card on April 11th and it posted April 14th. This is a full 20 business days after it was sent in and I know it was sent in March 14th because the supervisor held the bag for me to fill out the forms to send in. I'm sure pass tickets get sent to the bottom of the refund stack, but how difficult is it to refund UNUSED nonrev tickets? There was nothing to figure up, just enter the amount, the cc number and its done right?
Also, does anyone know how they verify the info for refunds? I make notes in the record on flight canx, etc, but not sure if anyone in refunds has access to it or reads it. Am I wasting my time trying to explain why the customer is requesting a refund?

ETKT REFUNDS are very EASY in QUICK IF you do it CORRECTLY. CTRL E , F9, F7 ETKT REFUND and if you do it properly it reflects to the ETKY that you have requested a REFUND, I see NO REASON it will not REFUND if the CONDITIONS for REFUND are VALID !!!

I think the issue the word is "Valid". Yours and my interpretation of valid is different to Acctg, believe me!

ETKT REFUNDS are very EASY in QUICK IF you do it CORRECTLY.
Maybe so, but so far in this thread there's been discussion of a double charge for a ticket and refunding a paper ticket. How well does your "CTRL E , F9, F7 ETKT REFUND" work on those.....

Jim

ETKT REFUNDS are very EASY in QUICK IF you do it CORRECTLY. CTRL E , F9, F7 ETKT REFUND and if you do it properly it reflects to the ETKY that you have requested a REFUND, I see NO REASON it will not REFUND if the CONDITIONS for REFUND are VALID !!!
The east seasoned agents know all about the time restraints on refunds. Before saber US got in trouble and agents had to write checks at the ATO and mail them directly to the credit card companies. During SHARES training this was explained to the trainers and it fell on deaf ears…

Just tell me how many FFocus have gotten refunds yet? You are in for a big fight! We were briefed that it is almost impossible to see your money back. Just a warning. Watch your statements.

Back