Regional Elite Handling Services

night-ice

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
with some stations either already beginning the transition or getting ready to roll into Reg Elite Hand Svs, does anyone have any information on the benefits the employees will be offered?
Unlimited pass travel?
Buddy passes?
Zed Agreements?
Any other info??

Thanks

The Comair people I've spoken to have no idea about anything that RHS/ Regional Elite may or may not offer.... Looks like they're being kept in the dark like everyone else.

Where've you been?

with some stations either already beginning the transition or getting ready to roll into Reg Elite Hand Svs, does anyone have any information on the benefits the employees will be offered?
Unlimited pass travel?
Buddy passes?
Zed Agreements?
Any other info??

Thanks
Better question would be how much is starting pay? How about top out or how long does it take to get there? What is my medical like? Am I full time or part time? How much sick time do I get? What type of retirement package do they offer?

Keep working for peanuts and that is all that they will offer you.

The Comair and Mesaba employees are not "being kept in the dark". There is a link on their respective home pages to the Regional Elite web site, which is updated everytime a new release is made. OPen enrollment for med is this week. I too have spoken to Comair and heard them complain that they do not know what is going on- because they won't take the time to go on their own website and look. Sadly, some of them couldnt even sign on because they couldnt remember their sign ins or passwords.
I can't believe the number that didnt even have a clue about what the ground handling "merger" was....they still think that they are going to be working for OH but with a new name. All in all, the transistion to a ground handling company is not going to be as bad as it could have. The med benefits for Mesaba will be slightly better and for Comair slightly worse (I think medical costs will be 20% employee -80%company where OH is now 10%-90% and Mesaba is now 25%? not sure)
Flight benefits remained (with bud passes and zed fares) which was surprising for a full ground handling company. Not sure about PTO. Because the new company is made up of Mesaba and Comair leaders I think you will see very similar benefits to what they already had. Starting pay will be adjusted regionally and about the same as what both companies start at now, topping out around 6 years. Bad thing is that they are actively discouraging any attempt at employees joining a union.

The Comair and Mesaba employees are not "being kept in the dark". There is a link on their respective home pages to the Regional Elite web site, which is updated everytime a new release is made. OPen enrollment for med is this week. I too have spoken to Comair and heard them complain that they do not know what is going on- because they won't take the time to go on their own website and look. Sadly, some of them couldnt even sign on because they couldnt remember their sign ins or passwords.
I can't believe the number that didnt even have a clue about what the ground handling "merger" was....they still think that they are going to be working for OH but with a new name. All in all, the transistion to a ground handling company is not going to be as bad as it could have. The med benefits for Mesaba will be slightly better and for Comair slightly worse (I think medical costs will be 20% employee -80%company where OH is now 10%-90% and Mesaba is now 25%? not sure)
Flight benefits remained (with bud passes and zed fares) which was surprising for a full ground handling company. Not sure about PTO. Because the new company is made up of Mesaba and Comair leaders I think you will see very similar benefits to what they already had. Starting pay will be adjusted regionally and about the same as what both companies start at now, topping out around 6 years. Bad thing is that they are actively discouraging any attempt at employees joining a union.
In our station, the county passed a law requiring that airline employees are paid a "Living wage". Every airline on the property must pay a little over 9 bucks an hour to start. It's very sad that the government must step in to protect the workers. I believe that the living wage is supposed to be enough to keep a family of four above the poverty line.

The Comair and Mesaba employees are not "being kept in the dark".

Sure they are. They may have access to pay rates, medical, etc. but none of this has a definitive time frame. On top of that, the one question everyone wants an answer to ("Will I still have a job?"), has absolutely not been addressed.

can you c/p the information on the flight benefits or pm me?

The Comair people I've spoken to have no idea about anything that RHS/ Regional Elite may or may not offer.... Looks like they're being kept in the dark like everyone else.

Where've you been?

been busy! kids, wife, work, travel.... and possibly going to work now for the new Regional Elite (from another carrier).
Just trying to find out the flight benefits before I commit. Even the manager wasn't sure on that question!

The Comair employees I know are unsure about them as well. Seems like they are being told conflicting information.

been busy! kids, wife, work, travel.... and possibly going to work now for the new Regional Elite (from another carrier).
Just trying to find out the flight benefits before I commit. Even the manager wasn't sure on that question!

The Comair employees I know are unsure about them as well. Seems like they are being told conflicting information.

I will try and give you a basic rundown.

Flight/ New hires will have flight benis after 30 days with SC3 priority. buddies passes will not be avliable to them until 1 year of service.

Health/
There are 3 medical plans aviliable, however at this moment there are some changes to the premiums and services that I have not yet read through. One good thing is that Part-timers will know be able to recieve Medical benefits

I'm sure that there is alot more, so if you can be specific to what benfits you need answers on, I can do my best to help out..

I will try and give you a basic rundown.

Flight/ New hires will have flight benis after 30 days with SC3 priority. buddies passes will not be avliable to them until 1 year of service.

Health/
There are 3 medical plans aviliable, however at this moment there are some changes to the premiums and services that I have not yet read through. One good thing is that Part-timers will know be able to recieve Medical benefits

I'm sure that there is alot more, so if you can be specific to what benfits you need answers on, I can do my best to help out..
can you PM me all the details about the flight benefits? forgot about the 1 yr thing on buddy passes. I guess what I would like to know specifically:
-will it still be unlimited t/o travel?
-parents still free?
-zed agreements?
-fly for less?
-fly confirmed for EVEN less?
any other info you think i could use. really don't need the health insurance but if it's there, i'll see what they are offering.

Thanks!

will it still be unlimited t/o travel?

Yes, & No. Unlimited Domestic and only 18 Transalantic.

-parents still free?

Yes and Step-Parents as well. You cna also now add a Domestic Partner to fly with with your priority. For those of you taht have been living with someone and have not yet been married.

-zed agreements?

Yes

Not Sure.
-fly for less?/-fly confirmed for EVEN less?

Yes

will it still be unlimited t/o travel?

Yes, & No. Unlimited Domestic and only 18 Transalantic.

-parents still free?

Yes and Step-Parents as well. You cna also now add a Domestic Partner to fly with with your priority. For those of you taht have been living with someone and have not yet been married.

-zed agreements?

Yes

Not Sure.
-fly for less?/-fly confirmed for EVEN less?

ok, thanks..that's still quite a bit t/o travel. So, are the zed agreements a "yes" or "not sure"..can't really tell from the contxt of your response.
could you pm me a listing of the current zed agreements? i'd like to compare with what i currently have.
thanks again!!!

It's less than a month away and there are employees who don't know if they will have a job yet. We don't know anything on policies or procedures. We don't know about PTO (big part of our compensation), holidays, profit sharing, and a lot of other issues that matter to employees. The people in ES never received their benefit packages because there were "left of the list."

That is definitely in the dark.

It's less than a month away and there are employees who don't know if they will have a job yet. We don't know anything on policies or procedures. We don't know about PTO (big part of our compensation), holidays, profit sharing, and a lot of other issues that matter to employees. The people in ES never received their benefit packages because there were "left of the list."

That is definitely in the dark.

OK- I retract my post...there does seem to be alot of smoke out there. Why are all the open REAS jobs being posted on the Comair website but not Compass or Mesaba websites. I thought they were merging together as one? Is this really a spinoff of comair? WHy should they get fist dibs on open jobs?
Profit sharing? My opinion (which does not count for anything) is that there will not be any- you will technically no longer work for an airline, you will be working for a ground handling unit that will not only be handling DL flights but whatever jobs come up for bid such as UA, CO etc.
PTO/Holidays There are links on each website where you can ask a question. Then again why don't you call your HR department? If they do not know the answers they should at least be able to give you the contact info for the new HR person with REAS. (The department heads have already been announced)
Looks like alot of stations are due to cutover on Sept 27 so yes, there are many unanswered questions.
Anyone heard anything on uniforms? I was in Allentown last week and there were people working in comair uniforms and mesaba logo polos.
WIth so many stations now under the regional elite unbrella it should afford the opportunity to move around the system .....but then again who wants to move to another almost minimum wage job in another city?

Just yesturday and today we have had two very nice ladies from Elite in our Station (MIA). We had and all day Q&A. I like many others had a munch of questions that where answered and feel alot safer about the future.

They will offer medical for Full-timers & Part-Timers. the site is already up for those that are curremtly working for any of the 3 airlines. Last day to register is Sept 1st. The price for coverage is just about the same as Comair had before and the coverage is great. Medical, Dental, Life, Accident & Eye.

Uniforms will be Gray Bottoms and Blue Tops. There are selected stations that will be wearing the new uniforms as early as next week. Not all will get uniforms right away, they are first testing for feedback. Also IDs should be ready in 3 weeks.

PTO has not yet been decided on. Comair vs Pinn. and Mess are totally diff. example. Comair=13.5 HR every Month and Messaba is somehting like 30 HRS for the Year. So it will be something in Between.

The elite website will be up as early as Next week.

Profit Sharing- Quarterly Performance and they are also working on a Yearly BONUS (profit sharing)

401k will be same as Comair.

There is more, I will try to asnswer as much as I remember, so be have patiance. They will be visiting others stations Monday thru Sept 15th....

Latest posts

Back