Release Us!

I'm quite sure that 3P maintenance providers charge airlines way more than that $25.00/hr. How much does AA charge a customer for us to work on their planes. I bet it's way more than the $32/hr we make.
I beleieve its around $95, its a mutually agreed upon price that the airlines charge each other, so it could very well be less than what an outside shop charges, consider that there is no overhead added and we do the work on their stuff when ours is taken care of first.

The fact is we dont know what carriers pay for outsourcing, thats a private contract between the facility and the carrier, we can look and find General Aviation rates because they need to advertise but when bids are put in for work on carriers you have to factor in Liability, there would be a lot more liability involved in doing OH on a 767 than a Piper Cub.

THERE IS NO COMPETING WITH COUNTRIES WHO PAY THEIR WORKERS $2-$3 DOLLARS AN HOUR!
Who is in charge of their "Drug Testing"? If it was to the advantage for the company to outsource, they would have done so. Tulsa will do whatever the company want to keep the workforce here.

I'm quite sure that 3P maintenance providers charge airlines way more than that $25.00/hr. How much does AA charge a customer for us to work on their planes. I bet it's way more than the $32/hr we make.
I believe that the work is charged as a package that includes engineering and overhead. It is close to the $100/hr mark?

More Fox News tactics. Accusations without specifics.

If people attack me I'll attack them back, its called defense.

Would Tulsa have been outsourced? I doubt it. Why, because the reason why our competitors outsourced is because they didnt have OSMs. If you recall back in 1995 when SRPs were created nobody took a cut in pay to become an SRP, which was later called an OSM. They were brought in through system attrition, they were new hires. Could you imagine if UAL tried to force fully paid AMTs in SFO or IND to accept OSM rates of Pay? It would have been a disaster, it was easier to send it out than try and put in such a change. Now they have to wait till the recalls time runs out, or they run out of recalls so they can put in a low cost mechanic structure like AA has had for 16years. UAL outsourced and their costs went up, so much for outsourcing is cheaper.

Correct, thats the way the plan works and has worked for 30 years or more. If a substandard TA is brought back the team is to blame, because they succumbed to the International. In turn the members vote out the individual members of the team but the Internationalremains the same to do it again the next time.

The fact is you can say what you liike but the International owns the contract and controls the process. I've seen where Don wants to do something and he simply changes the rules and says that he called Rosen and Rosen says he can do that. If the negotiating committee is really in control can they remove the International? NO, in fact Bobby Gless told the Fleet guys that if they did not have a quorum that they would simply take over and negotiate the deal.

If this the case Jim Little would you please take over the negotiations - you have proven yourself with the 2001 contract - I do not believe our current negotiators are up to the task, I hear excuses, with no forward progress.

I believe that the work is charged as a package that includes engineering and overhead. It is close to the $100/hr mark?

Great 2011 article on AMTs in El Salvador $2/hour.

http://www.kirotv.com/investigations/27915082/detail.html

Labor rates by region (fully allocated)

W Europe $70
N America $57
Mid East $55
Latin Am $37
India $40
E Europe $65
China $45
Asia $47
Africa $40
Average $51

Source: Team SAI Converted to $ at January 2009 exchange rates

Who is putting out false comparasions? When you send something to another company what they pay their guys means nothing, its what they CHARGE you that counts. So if TIMCO is paying their guy $25/hr and AA is paying $39/hr that doesnt translate into outsource being cheaper because Timco is probably charging $95/hr for the labor. With outsourcing the company also loses control of the process and usually loses the plane for longer periods.

http://www.kirotv.co...082/detail.html

Labor rates by region (fully allocated) i.e. what they charge for work

W Europe $70
N America $57
Mid East $55
Latin Am $37
India $40
E Europe $65
China $45
Asia $47
Africa $40
Average $51

I suspect the average of $51 is probably a bit misleading unless it's been weighted to reflect the amount of work being done in each region. Who is maintaining aircraft in Africa?...

If this the case Jim Little would you please take over the negotiations - you have proven yourself with the 2001 contract - I do not believe our current negotiators are up to the task, I hear excuses, with no forward progress.

duke,

You truly are a union stool.

"Such as? I've broadcast what I think Don will try and do, because I dont trust him."

Bob,

I do not know ANYONE who trusts people who are appointed, make more than three times what an AMT makes, never takes pay cuts and is NOT elected by those they represent. Except people who are appointed and hide behind an alais while defending "themselves".

GO AMP!

I think it would serve in everyone's interest that we spend more time trying to oust the TWU, regardless if Bob Owens is negotiating the contract or not, than spend day after day bashing the TWU and not doing something about it. It's very simple and it takes a minute to fill out......SIGN AN AMP CARD!!!!!!!!!!

The Intl is responsible for the contract, and it is doing things that DO NOT SERVE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE MEMBERSHIP. I do believe Bob in that Don Videtich and Bob Gless are working the phones with management and making backdoor deals. Airline Support Mechanics was not an illusion. This new classification was included in the rejected T/A, and it was accepted by the previous negotiating team ......i.e. Don, Bobby, Little Jimmy, Gilboy, and Co.

However, I do believe WE are a lot smarter at knowing the tactics by the Intl, and this time around I believe it's gonna be difficult for the Intl to bamboozle us with more concessions. That's a good thing!

I do commend Bob Owens for exposing the inner workings of the negotiating process and how Videtich, Gless and Co. are working against us. Like I said before, "the Intl likes the status quo, as much as AA". The scumbags at the INTL are not hurting. They're driving around in new cars, filling the gas tanks with premium gas paid by US, and going out to dinner with the company weasels, all in an attempt at screwing US even further.

Now, if that doesn't sway the naysayers and TWU lovers to sign an AMP card....I don't know what other evidence we have at our disposal, that will.

I think it would serve in everyone's interest that we spend more time trying to oust the TWU, regardless if Bob Owens is negotiating the contract or not, than spend day after day bashing the TWU and not doing something about it. It's very simple and it takes a minute to fill out......SIGN AN AMP CARD!!!!!!!!!!

The Intl is responsible for the contract, and it is doing things that DO NOT SERVE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE MEMBERSHIP. I do believe Bob in that Don Videtich and Bob Gless are working the phones with management and making backdoor deals. Airline Support Mechanics was not an illusion. This new classification was included in the rejected T/A, and it was accepted by the previous negotiating team ......i.e. Don, Bobby, Little Jimmy, Gilboy, and Co.

However, I do believe WE are a lot smarter at knowing the tactics by the Intl, and this time around I believe it's gonna be difficult for the Intl to bamboozle us with more concessions. That's a good thing!

I do commend Bob Owens for exposing the inner workings of the negotiating process and how Videtich, Gless and Co. are working against us. Like I said before, "the Intl likes the status quo, as much as AA". The scumbags at the INTL are not hurting. They're driving around in new cars, filling the gas tanks with premium gas paid by US, and going out to dinner with the company weasels, all in an attempt at screwing US even further.

Now, if that doesn't sway the naysayers and TWU lovers to sign an AMP card....I don't know what other evidence we have at our disposal, that will.
We could use some help Carmen, let's get this done!

duke,

You truly are a union stool.

"Such as? I've broadcast what I think Don will try and do, because I dont trust him."

Bob,

I do not know ANYONE who trusts people who are appointed, make more than three times what an AMT makes, never takes pay cuts and is NOT elected by those they represent. Except people who are appointed and hide behind an alais while defending "themselves".

GO AMP!

You can't dispute me, but you can throw out an insult........until TUL gets behind AMP, it is just a distraction.

Don't get me wrong, I believe there should be accountablity, in the union and the company.

You can't dispute me, but you can throw out an insult........until TUL gets behind AMP, it is just a distraction.

Don't get me wrong, I believe there should be accountablity, in the union and the company.
If guys are content on keeping the TWU around then elect local members that will expose the workings of Little & Co.

If Local 563 re-elects Gilboy, and the rest of the board members.......you deserve more concessions.

I can sit on this forum and tell numerous stories where TWU Intl officers massaged, caressed & rubbed elbows with management. It was pathetic. Fast Forward 10 years and nothing has changed. When are people going to learn??????

If guys are content on keeping the TWU around then elect local members that will expose the workings of Little & Co.

If Local 563 re-elects Gilboy, and the rest of the board members.......you deserve more concessions.

I can sit on this forum and tell numerous stories where TWU Intl officers massaged, caressed & rubbed elbows with management. It was pathetic. Fast Forward 10 years and nothing has changed. When are people going to learn??????

Gilboy ran unapposed as I remember, where were YOU?

http://www.kirotv.co...082/detail.html

Labor rates by region (fully allocated) i.e. what they charge for work

W Europe $70
N America $57
Mid East $55
Latin Am $37
India $40
E Europe $65
China $45
Asia $47
Africa $40
Average $51

Have a link? All I could find was a link where evverything was written by two guys.

Back