Replaced And Outsourced

There is always room for improvement, but the bottom line is the membership is too apathetic and that is why the unions are weak at US.

I know for the M&R most of us have all ready been thru a strike, but I know my local was making preperations just in case and even had the permits ready, I can't speak for the others though.

And I know the non-iron city reps from 142 were telling the members you need to vote yes for a strike.

We're never going to agree, and we're not going to change each other' mind.

Leadership is supposed to be out front, visible and understood - they should educate and communicate.

It should be transparent to the membership.

The IAM, as experienced by fleet at D141, is top-down and hierarchical.

IIRC, the leadership decides to arbitrate a grievance, not the membership. I know, and the district knows, where, for the term of the contract, even terminations did not get arbitrated.

diogenes said:
If the don't they will become irrelevant. And then we will be worse off.
[post="262753"][/post]​

With the irrelevency, workers are already getting butts kicked in most industries. American labor unions focus pretty much on organizing and politics and look away on actual representation issues. This includes both AFLCIO unions and many independent unions.

The facilitating approach needs to be abolished and a more radical approach to union[ism] is needed.

regards,

Back