Representation Vote

famousfreddie

Dec 14, 2008
After reading the terrible language in the recently ratified fleet agreement I don't see how anybody could vote for the Teamsters. They had two chances one with fleet at CO and another with the MX at UA. Does anyone want to give them a third chance?

After reading the terrible language in the recently ratified fleet agreement I don't see how anybody could vote for the Teamsters. They had two chances one with fleet at CO and another with the MX at UA. Does anyone want to give them a third chance?

Yes. It's not a terrible contract its a first contract for Cal Fleet. After UA Ramp votes IBT there will be a combined contract. IAM should have attempted to negotiate something. Doesn't look good for the IAM at this point. IAM are the concession kings. Funny thing is is that the IAM's "New Direction" campaigns paved the way for the Teamsters to take over below the wing.

And they've one US Air Fleet guy doing all their organizing. What a joke. What are the DEN, ORD, IAD, SFO, LAX UA IAM $100K a year AGC's to lazy to speak up? IAM is Bush league Freddie

Yes. It's not a terrible contract its a first contract for Cal Fleet. After UA Ramp votes IBT there will be a combined contract. IAM should have attempted to negotiate something. Doesn't look good for the IAM at this point. IAM are the concession kings. Funny thing is is that the IAM's "New Direction" campaigns paved the way for the Teamsters to take over below the wing.

And they've one US Air Fleet guy doing all their organizing. What a joke. What are the DEN, ORD, IAD, SFO, LAX UA IAM $100K a year AGC's to lazy to speak up? IAM is Bush league Freddie

dick wad it is a bad contract no protection at all they could get rid of everybody if they choose too. IAM will bring back the industry leading contract, full retro etc. if not their gone

Larrs, the election is over, move on. Don't be a hater. Check out the LM2's ibt BA's make around 150K and are appointed by hoffa and his family. There is no excuse for their first contract and don't make excuses for them. Ask yourself do you want to start over again. It's terrible, no job protection, ................ sub par wages not even close to industry leading. The excecs are industry leading, so should the people that make it possible.

you must be crazy if you vote for Teamsters.... Maybe if you actually look into the contract you'll see why IAM is the way to go... reason 1 the company can contract out any station good bye ramp... reason 2 you pay for your benefits at teamsters and at United we don't so there is no way i wanna give up my free medical and dental benefits must be on crack to vote for them.... reason 3 teamsters had connections in the past to mobs do you really want to deal with a union that has mob ties... think smart and go with IAM plus teamsters represents the mechanics remember what happened to the last group to line themselves up with them.... they sold them out and they became Air Serve & Gate Gourmet

you must be crazy if you vote for Teamsters.... Maybe if you actually look into the contract you'll see why IAM is the way to go... reason 1 the company can contract out any station good bye ramp... reason 2 you pay for your benefits at teamsters and at United we don't so there is no way i wanna give up my free medical and dental benefits must be on crack to vote for them.... reason 3 teamsters had connections in the past to mobs do you really want to deal with a union that has mob ties... think smart and go with IAM plus teamsters represents the mechanics remember what happened to the last group to line themselves up with them.... they sold them out and they became Air Serve & Gate Gourmet

Take it from a UAL Mechanic, don't vote teamsters. Our local in Denver went broke, they don't communicate with the membership, they appoint and not elect, votes are by mail in ballot which has lead to many questionable outcomes. It goes on and on but the bottom line is they are far worst than any union we have experienced. We are living a nightmare! We are now well into an AMFA Card Drive to take back our futures. Please, please, please don't make the same mistake we did. GT

Ditto to what gtd said.... I never thought the day would come where I would say GO IAM, so here goes for the first and last time. GO I.A.M. The ibt is definitely the wrong choice.

Take it from a UAL Mechanic, don't vote teamsters. Our local in Denver went broke, they don't communicate with the membership, they appoint and not elect, votes are by mail in ballot which has lead to many questionable outcomes. It goes on and on but the bottom line is they are far worst than any union we have experienced. We are living a nightmare! We are now well into an AMFA Card Drive to take back our futures. Please, please, please don't make the same mistake we did. GT

:D

Just read on other website www.voteiam.com that the ibt at co allows the company to schedule long weeks and short weeks for the ramp. This is bull bourne shame on you. This will endanger the health of every ramp worker at co. instead of working 7 to 8 trips now increase the daily load to 12-16 trips. the only thing you have ever done is push the throttle forward and pull the yoke back and probably only 2 times a day.

looked at bournes video speaking on the reamsters professional negotiators.
If that is best you got shame on you. Your members have a little over half a year left before the contract you and your professionals negotiated for them lets co begin furloughing. That the problem co workers these guys appoint their buddies and family members. They don't come from the rank and file. They don't have to answer to anyone that pays dues.

you must be on crack to vote teamsters!!!!! if you do shame on you for voting for a retarded contract that says they can contract out the ramp with no just reason no matter where your at! be smart Vote IAM think about it if they screwed the mechanics why wont they screw the ramp UA/IAD for IAM

Everyone knows I support ND. That is what makes the IAM the best choice for the New United. We get to elect our leaders, unlike the IBT who just appoints. Anyone could have gotten what the Teamsters did. The IBT contract at CO is a direct reflection of Bourne and Hoffa's lack of leadership ability. Their Lack of knowledge about the Airline business was exploited by Smisek. So much for Teamster power. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable on how Bourne got suckered. Now the Fleet service at CO has a choice, stay with a toothless old nag of a union that is on their way to the glue factory or stand and fight with the Machinists and achieve respect and dignity.

Everyone knows I support ND. That is what makes the IAM the best choice for the New United. We get to elect our leaders, unlike the IBT who just appoints. Anyone could have gotten what the Teamsters did. The IBT contract at CO is a direct reflection of Bourne and Hoffa's lack of leadership ability. Their Lack of knowledge about the Airline business was exploited by Smisek. So much for Teamster power. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable on how Bourne got suckered. Now the Fleet service at CO has a choice, stay with a toothless old nag of a union that is on their way to the glue factory or stand and fight with the Machinists and achieve respect and dignity.

Do you get to vote for EVERY official or just the local presidents, vp's, e-board, etc.

I'm stuck with the twu where the international reps. are appointed. I NEVER get to vote for them and they NEVER take cuts in pay and benefits like I do at AA. ANY union that doesn't allow for the membership to vote for EVERY position is NOT democratic. The question is... do you want democracy?

In the IAM the only people that you dont vote on is the Grand Lodge Reps, from auditor to the IP all are elected by the members.

All Local Lodge officers, all District Officers and the International Executive Board are all voted on.

In the IAM its the District Reps who enforce and negotiate the CBAs.

Back