Resignation from the AMFA

Well I received a letter in the mail from the AMFA today. It was a choice to remain a member in good standing, remain as an inactive member or to "resign honorably.
I resigned Honorably.
I also resigned from nwa.
I'm happy to put the whole chapter of 17 years behind me. I am using most of my knowledge gained at nwa in my new career. The aircraft knowledge for sure...but when I see my new company start in a direction that looks alot like something nwa would have done, I'll be position to steer it in a different direction.
I also recieved a letter from a friend with the list of AMFA members in AMFA 5 and their choices concerning recall. Some I understand. I'm glad to be numbered in the majority that want nothing to do with nwa and have elected to NOT be eligible for rehire.

Wonder why AMFA would spend money on asking a resignee to file a honorary withdrawal, active, or inactive membership form? The union I joined couldn't care less if I had a withdrawal card and they didn't make me pay any fee to join.

Its a constitution thing. Can't have a big pile of members not paying dues and still getting information in the mail and having a say in the day to day. The inactive membership fee was only $40 but the reinstatement for the honorable resignation was only $25 if you ever got on with an AMFA covered agreement again. I don't think I'll get on with another union again but I'd still rather be listed there as "honorable" instead of as a SCAB anyday.

Wonder why AMFA would spend money on asking a resignee to file a honorary withdrawal, active, or inactive membership form? The union I joined couldn't care less if I had a withdrawal card and they didn't make me pay any fee to join.

Its a constitution thing. Can't have a big pile of members not paying dues and still getting information in the mail and having a say in the day to day. The inactive membership fee was only $40 but the reinstatement for the honorable resignation was only $25 if you ever got on with an AMFA covered agreement again. I don't think I'll get on with another union again but I'd still rather be listed there as "honorable" instead of as a SCAB anyday.
Was wondering if the constitution also acknowledges a contract mearly because it was voted in, or because it is signed sealed and delivered?

I can't for the life of me find a signed/executed contract any where on the AMFA web site. :shock:

Was wondering if the constitution also acknowledges a contract mearly because it was voted in, or because it is signed sealed and delivered?

I can't for the life of me find a signed/executed contract any where on the AMFA web site. :shock:

I would like to see a copy of the signed agreement. I'm sure there is one out there somewhere?...

Well I received a letter in the mail from the AMFA today. It was a choice to remain a member in good standing, remain as an inactive member or to "resign honorably.
I resigned Honorably.
I also resigned from nwa.
I'm happy to put the whole chapter of 17 years behind me. I am using most of my knowledge gained at nwa in my new career. The aircraft knowledge for sure...but when I see my new company start in a direction that looks alot like something nwa would have done, I'll be position to steer it in a different direction.
I also recieved a letter from a friend with the list of AMFA members in AMFA 5 and their choices concerning recall. Some I understand. I'm glad to be numbered in the majority that want nothing to do with nwa and have elected to NOT be eligible for rehire.
:eek: I resinged after about 6 months and never received anything but my last ck from nwa, nothing from amfa. oh well don't think they will be around to much longer anyhow.

:eek: I resinged after about 6 months and never received anything but my last ck from nwa, nothing from amfa. oh well don't think they will be around to much longer anyhow.

Yea, jumping into this latest round of merger mania, all but begging delta to look their way, I don't think they'll be around too much longer either. :rolleyes:

Back