AMFA sold us out.

Since you put the words "person" and "UA AMT" in quotes, I assume you think I am making this up. The fact is that this individual is real, was/is a laid off UAL AMT, and told me that AMFA kept sending him letters demanding dues; that is all he told me, he did not elaborate. If I knew his last name and had his permission, I would post it and you could look for yourself on the list.

Correction: A furloughed member would be considered an active member under the constitution, not an inactive one.

Probably too lazy to read the constitution and fill out a withdrawal form stating his circumstances.

Yea, that is everyone else’s fault but his. :blink:

Like 'any' organization, once you join you are encumbered to adhere to the rules, regulations, constitution and bylaws. If people do not take the time and energy to protect them selves from being stupid, then of course it is someone else’s fault.

Maybe he/she/it should file a lawsuit! :p

:stupid: UT

You keep opening your pie hole and removing all doubt about your understanding of the AMFA. You DON'T KNOW JACK!
1. There were no dues collections from striking members.
We remained in good standing with the union by NOT CROSSING THE PICKET LINE.
2. There weren't any "payouts" from a strike fund. In fact the only payouts I received were unemployment and a generous gift from the UAW. And that gift went to all members on strike. Even the SCABs who crossed over and had the audacity to keep the gift to "honorable" strikers. Another reason to hate SCABS.
3. And finally moron...the strike is over due to a vote by the membership. Like it or not the democratic process worked.

The AMFA members were required to pay dues during the strike to remain in good standing with the union. They also had to walk the strike line to recieve any union payouts from their charity funded strike fund. AMFA has nothing to lose from calling a strike. If they won the strike they could say, "Look what we did!", and retain more union members paying dues. If they lost the strike, which they did, they simply ended up with what was offered and now get to collect dues from the scabs, which they have wasted no time doing. AMFA had nothing to lose by going on strike. The members however got screwed.

Since you put the words "person" and "UA AMT" in quotes, I assume you think I am making this up. The fact is that this individual is real, was/is a laid off UAL AMT, and told me that AMFA kept sending him letters demanding dues; that is all he told me, he did not elaborate. If I knew his last name and had his permission, I would post it and you could look for yourself on the list.

Correction: A furloughed member would be considered an active member under the constitution, not an inactive one.

I see you've corrected yourself on a furloughees membership status. Just to add clarification, "active" membership is an entitlement, not a mandate.

You can maintain "active" status by paying full dues, if you as a member choose to. You can not be forced to.

The AMFA members were required to pay dues during the strike to remain in good standing with the union. They also had to walk the strike line to recieve any union payouts from their charity funded strike fund. AMFA has nothing to lose from calling a strike. If they won the strike they could say, "Look what we did!", and retain more union members paying dues. If they lost the strike, which they did, they simply ended up with what was offered and now get to collect dues from the scabs, which they have wasted no time doing. AMFA had nothing to lose by going on strike. The members however got screwed.

One more thing that Don S. neglected to mention...the number of SCABS that are now paying union dues to AMFA or were during the strike can probably be counted on one hand, since it is now an "open shop" - and union membership is voluntary.

The SCABS want nothing to do with AMFA (or unions in general) unless they are threatened with disciplinary action by NW; then they come crying to the union to represent them in grievance hearings...losers!

...well has anyone been recalled yet? Or is that just another broken AMFA promise. I did notice that TIMCO is hiring for aircraft maintenance work in Minneapolis, this is a sure indication that those recall wanna-bees will never work for Scabair again. Should have taken the money and run.

...well has anyone been recalled yet? Or is that just another broken AMFA promise. I did notice that TIMCO is hiring for aircraft maintenance work in Minneapolis, this is a sure indication that those recall wanna-bees will never work for Scabair again. Should have taken the money and run.
:( while i don't agree with you about anything else, i believe you are correct on this one. if you would not scab and showed any allegiance to amfa little andy will not let you back on the property. so it is to late for those who chose not to scab your job and the final screwin are now over.

I was told that there are about 5 opens, some in MSP some in DTW. If these are recall positions, good luck to any who bid. If you could please stop by and let us know how it really is inside. Again, good luck.

I was told that there are about 5 opens, some in MSP some in DTW. If these are recall positions, good luck to any who bid. If you could please stop by and let us know how it really is inside. Again, good luck.

How it really is inside??? Good luck??? :shock:

Good luck on what?...Getting a job back at $10/hr less working with scabs...at a bankrupt carrier... :blink:

Let us know what it is really like?... :ph34r:

How it really is inside??? Good luck??? :shock:

Good luck on what?...Getting a job back at $10/hr less working with scabs...at a bankrupt carrier... :blink:

Let us know what it is really like?... :ph34r:
Give it a rest already. :huh:

The workers had a lot of tough decisions to make, and some chose recall...get over it.

I support all their decisions, except the decision to SCAB.

Move along now, your life is calling you. :p

The 1985 Alaska Airline strike

Excerpt:
The strike lasted three months, during which we turned down an offer that was worse than the one we went on strike for. Some of our own guys crossed the picket line and joined with “replacement workersâ€￾ that the Company hired from the outside. The strike quickly lost its effectiveness.

It’s interesting to note that although the IAM was affiliated with AFL-CIO, the other unions on the property, as a group, did not support our strike. These other unions included ALPA, AFA, and the TWU. A few individuals from these unions did the right thing and refused to cross our picket lines as their contracts allowed. Unfortunately very few members from the other unions honored our picket and supported our action. In fact I witnessed pilots who, on their days off, brought their high school kids in to help load baggage (different security in those days).

Sound familiar?

:blink: UT

Give it a rest already. :huh:

The workers had a lot of tough decisions to make, and some chose recall...get over it.

I support all their decisions, except the decision to SCAB.

Move along now, your life is calling you. :p

I was one of "the workers". I have moved on in my life with a comfortable new job (outside of the airlines) with better pay than any airline is paying AMT's right now. That is why I wonder why anyone would want to go back. If they choose to, so be it.

With your post I should assume you are on the recall list. Good luck in your return Robert.

Latest posts

Back