RNC elects its first African-American leader

Tug McGroin

Senior
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
"This is our opportunity. I cannot do this by myself," he told the crowd at the annual RNC meeting Friday. "God bless you, and God bless our party. ... It's going to be a new day."

Steele also told his fellow party members that it will be a "great honor to spar" with President Obama.

"For so long, we've allowed the Democrats to define us, we've allowed the media to define us, and so it's important for us to begin to establish with clarity who we are, what we believe as we begin to go out and take, I think, a brand new message to the American people," he said Friday.

How have the dems defined the repub? The republicans controlled Congress from 1994 till 2006 and the White House from 2000 till 2008. Seems a more appropriate description would be that the the republicans have allowed the religious right wing nut jobs control and define who the republican party is. Guess he cannot say that as those nut jobs are financial base of the republican party.

Having anyone other than Palin in all likelihood would have made the outcome quite a bit closer.

How have the dems defined the repub? The republicans controlled Congress from 1994 till 2006 and the White House from 2000 till 2008. Seems a more appropriate description would be that the the republicans have allowed the religious right wing nut jobs control and define who the republican party is. Guess he cannot say that as those nut jobs are financial base of the republican party.

Having anyone other than Palin in all likelihood would have made the outcome quite a bit closer.

Cos....I think in some ways he's referring to having the Hippocrats define the Black voter.

Do I believe the majority of Black voters agree with Hippocrats views...........not sure !

Do I believe the majority of Black voters, voted for the Hippocrats choice of "man-o-the-day" because he's half African-American........yes!

So in the end I'm saying, if McCain had picked someone like, Michael Steele, as a running mate, I believe it would have been quite a dilema for the black voter...................and the race could have gone either way................IMO :blink:

I think if it was merely race, Sharpton or Jackson would have made a better showing a few elections back.

I do agree that had McCain chosen anyone other than Palin and stuck to his 2000 beliefs things could have turned out different.

Latest posts