Russian Speakers Hard to Come By?

Yikes. Double catered? Sky Chef has a location at SVO; Doesn't DME have catering available?

It is a 777 due to the aircraft having the metric system and the 767 does not have it as yet. As soon as the 767 gets the metric conversion in the cockpit, it is scheduled to change.

Wrong. Asked and answered. Such problem can be solved by a simple 81/2 x 11 sheet of paper with the metric to feet conversion table. You could even have a triple redundency by giving each pilot a copy. Laminating it could even further its usefullness. I in no way would be shocked if it stayed a 777. I also know that will only happen IF the premium cabins fill up on a regular basis and/or the cargo contracts come in very large. Let's hope it does. Besides, AA already said it was a 777 because of landing gear issues on the 767.

Yikes. Double catered? Sky Chef has a location at SVO; Doesn't DME have catering available?

DME does indeed have catering facilities. AA just got overwhelmed with the amount of regulations involved with flying into Russia. AA doesn't have an import license at this point, so no way of getting catering supplies into the country. They are hoping to get this solved in 3 to 4 weeks. I also think cargo is restricted as well. As in no cargo carried yet.

Too much plane? After figuring the 4 lost seats from coach on a 767 for F/A crew rest, the coach count is virtually the same. I think once they start seriously advertising in Russia, they plan on starting next week, the loads will increase to accetable levels. Hopefully, the premium seats will justify keeping it a 777. I realize there are a lot more premium seats, but the weather shouldn't impact premium seats as much as coach seats in the winter. Who knows, that is why I am not in that department. By the way, it is a great city and crews are going to love the layover. Everyone I came into contact with on the trip was more than pleasant. Ground and air. Plus I never heard "Thank You" so much on a flight before. I can't wait to go back, and that is after dealing witht the flight being DOUBLE CATERED. Yes, double catered in all cabins. The only bonus was that there was no duty free.
Oh Ok Thank You for that. I didn't realize that about the FA Crew rest Seats. I'd agree things will go up once they start advertising which is key. But I think the route will become successful for AA once they can start hauling Cargo and get the loads up to an acceptable level.

Cargo is up and running for the last few days. Catering is still another story.

Back