Safety Video Now In Spanish

phllax

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
Apparently this weekend they began to roll out a new safety video that includes an abbreviated version in Spanish at the end of the normal video. It was not on my flight Friday morning, but was on my flight last night. The F/A told me they started using it this past weekend. I was actually wondering if they were going to start doing this considering the number of spanish speaking destinations now served.

OMG, can they please get a new one with the cabin interiors, uniforms and hairstyles we've had for the past ten years? They were able to splice in a shot of an Airbus lav door and the PED sign with the same old footage, and make all sorts of videos for recurrent each year, why can't they update the whole safety vid? I love when they tell the guy to stow his Discman that's the size of a briefcase and his cell phone that looks like it weighs ten pounds.

That little girl who looks thrilled when the oxygen mask drops is probably in her thirties now.

And now I'm really just being fussy, but I liked the old Andean pipe music better... duh-duh- Duh duh duh duh... dodododoooo....

Light Years said:
OMG, can they please get a new one with the cabin interiors, uniforms and hairstyles we've had for the past ten years? They were able to splice in a shot of an Airbus lav door and the PED sign with the same old footage, and make all sorts of videos for recurrent each year, why can't they update the whole safety vid? I love when they tell the guy to stow his Discman that's the size of a briefcase and his cell phone that looks like it weighs ten pounds.

That little girl who looks thrilled when the oxygen mask drops is probably in her thirties now.

And now I'm really just being fussy, but I liked the old Andean pipe music better... duh-duh- Duh duh duh duh... dodododoooo....
[post="250068"][/post]​
:p :p :p I cant stop laughing....couldnt agree more... LOLOLOL... But typical US - a day late and a dollar short!

Well, while we're at it, I apologize if someone is friends with him, but what's up with the guy with the life vest? He kind of creeps me out for some reason... you get the impression he doesn't want to be there. He doesn't share the enthusiasm of the seat cushion girl (or, for that matter, the excited oxygen mask child.)

that is soooo true! I heard it cost a great deal of money though to actually
have that video made and cost a good bit also when they changed the music that
now plays on it....speaking of....i sware the begining of it reminds me of
the Gone With The Wind theme!! :p

Light Years said:
Well, while we're at it, I apologize if someone is friends with him, but what's up with the guy with the life vest? He kind of creeps me out for some reason... you get the impression he doesn't want to be there. He doesn't share the enthusiasm of the seat cushion girl (or, for that matter, the excited oxygen mask child.)
[post="250074"][/post]​

You can't take away the life vest man!!!! I can't tell to you the enjoyment to still get watching him every time I get to watch the video. The best part is after he blows in the tube and then pats himself down and just looks around like, now what? Love him!

The recurrent videos are all very professionally done, must cost the same and those are only seen by F/As. Last years had all sorts of special effects, like one of the trainers passing out and then having an out-of-body-experience to watch the F/As save him.

Or how about the "Dont pop a slide video" from a few years ago, with F/As re-enacting inadvertant slide deployments. You see F/As chatting on the jumpseat (not an accurate portrayal of real jumpseat chatter, mind you) on a red-eye before drowsily pulling the wrong handle. It seems like they are able to make quality, updated videos for internal use, but the safety video is pure late 80's/early 90's nostalgia. Anyone know when it was made?

Light Years said:

[post="250068"][/post]​

That is pretty funny, I was thinking the same thing. Suit, tie, briefcase, cell phone from an early 90's rap video...

If you want people to watch have Seth do it. he's just like Howard Stern... what will he do next?

oldphone.jpg

"I have to get off the phone now... I'll see you in Buffalo."

Lightyears-

Your so funny and total right! We have been asking for that demo tape to be updated for years. While I don't know the lifevest guy...I do know Anna....the seat cushion girl. It's funny to hear her talk about doing that back in the early 90's. I guess they hired an outside firm to come in and shoot everything. She showed up and they didn't like her hair so...the next thing she knew they had rollers the size of baseballs in her hair and poof....she came out with BIG CLT HAIR!
She regrets ever doing that video because she always got stupid comments about it on every flight she did. "Is that you miss?.....right there in the video. Harry...that looks like that girl in the galley!...ask her if that's her Harry!"
And don't get me started on that girl with the pig tails.....I want to grab either end and pull them when I see her.
I like the new music. It would have been nice if they had told us they were changing it because I was working an AB that day. We turned on the demo and this music similar to Queen Elizabeth entering a room came on. We thought the boarding music got stuck on and we could not shut it off. Running around like a bunch of fools. Typical USAir...always the last to know.
Don't let the suitcase sized CD player stop them. They will just use digital technology to put an I-POD on the screen and twirl in around so it covers the CD player. Sorta like the 1960's BATMAN show when thing just popped stuff up on the screen...BAAAM! I tell ya....they are crafty and bound and determined not to make a new video.

I have a great idea. Make a reunion video of the original!!!!!!! What hoot that would be.

I hardly ever non-rev anymore. I was shocked the last time i did and the same ole video came on. A reminder of the sorry state of affairs.

And another thing while im at it. (sorry to stray off topic) Whats with these tired a$$ uniforms. I saw our crews standing next to a CO express crew while waiting for a shuttle bus. It was a sorry picture. Their uniforms were so nice and crisp and ours.....well you know.

Back