Second daily MIA-LHR....FINALLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: It was stated that the 777s will have a standard configuration. Will the 777s be reconfigured into an all Atlantic, Pacific or all new configuration? (20AUG)

A: The final 777 configuration will be the Atlantic configuration. Once the configurations are complete there will be no distinction. The 777 will no longer be referred to as Atlantic or Pacific.

Q: Will the 777 aircraft being reconfigured contain the international crew rest bunks? (20AUG)

A: After the reconfiguration process is complete, all 777 aircraft will have Main Deck Crew Rest (MDCR).

I believe I read in an Ask & Answer that they will not touch the first class configurations at all on the 777's.

Being an AAdvantage member I have the choice of flying any airline in the program even if they compete with AA on a route except going to LHR and flying BA. If I go to NRT I can fly JAL or to zurich on SWISS but why can't AAdvantage members earn credit to fly on BA to London? If you fly BA beyond LHR then you get credit, but only for the beyond part of the trip. IF I prefer BA I should be able to get credit for the Transarlantic portion of the trip.

It's all part of the Open Skies. No codeshare on flts to the UK w/BA until their is more access to LHR.

So it looks like it's going to be a long time.

Mikey, I got a totally different read on it from the pilot website. They will adjust C/Y for comonality, but with the high costs of the newer Flagship suites, they will leave them as is, but will not upgrade the flatseats with them.

That will be a nightmare. The people who fly the Atlantic and South America want and expect the suites. There is always hell to pay when we get a pacific substitute. Oh well good job AA. Safe a few thousand and piss off the highest paying or most frequent customers. That if its really the case will be a huge mistake.

G4G5,

We know by your name on this board you fly your private jet. I'm only talking about the right to earn miles on BA across the atlantic. The flight don't have to be code-share. If I can fly any OneWorld airline and earn miles why can't I fly BA from JFK - LHR and earn miles on AAdvantage? This is NOT about code-shares, this is just about earning miles on all the airlines within an Alliance like OneWORLD or STAR.

As silly as it sounds, G4G5 is right. Awarding mileage and offering mileage awards on an international carrier still requires governmental approval, and the respective US and UK governments have a carve-out in place which prohibits earning AA mileage on BA and v.v. over the North Atlantic.

In the 1980's before AA and UA at LHR, when Panam and TWA were the 2 airlines at LHR, AA and UA FF could earn miles on BA. I know this because I flew BA and earned AA miles.

The FF points are all part of the gov approval process. Fly Virgin and you got points at DAL. From what I understand the Feds approved the UAL/BMI codeshare, so they can offer FF points. AA/BA is a much bigger issue, until their is more access to LHR, I would not expect to see FF points any time soon.

Not earning AA points when flying BA, across the pond, is the only major restriction of this type I can think of between 2 alliance partners. I prefer to fly British airlines because frankly they are beter to Europe then US airlines. Virgin is the best then BA then AA. Also BA opertates from Terminal 4 at LHR which is far better then Terminal 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts