Secret Court to Govern Wiretapping Plan

One small exception you omitted...they didn't break down the door without your permission did they?
You let them in... You're not talking about the same issue dude...

Apparently you're quite willing to give up my Constitutional protections...no thanks Jack.

You'd be happy if it went like this,no doubt....

Omg here comes the propaganda. No they didn't bash in my door. You are watching too much television. GWB doesn't want to wire tap us all and pry into our personal lives. If he thinks there is a need he wants to tap a line and if it its worth listening to he will if not he doesn't. We are fighting a war against people that will use any means to kill us so let him do what he has to do and stop the spin.
blahblah.gif

But its not ever going to end there dude.

They're encroaching on your Constitutional rights more and more and most never realize it at all.

Drug tests for "security sensitive" positions..ie ,airline workers...see any cops,teachers,judges subject to the same?

well thats ok.....I don't do any of that..

Sobriety check points have evolved from 1 out of 4 vehicles to every one...escalated into safety checkpoints,seatbelt checkpoints...document checkpoints all infringments to your liberties.

well thats ok........

Backround checks for just about everything...like library books...See more below:

The Act expands the government's power to conduct secret searches, demand library records, and eavesdrop. Extension of the Patriot Act is a sad day for civil liberties.

The Patriot Act gives the government the power to access your tax records, credit records, library records, bookstore records, and medical records without probable cause. It also gives the government the power to break into your house and conduct secret searches without your knowledge--all in the name of "protecting national security."

More specifically, the Patriot Act allows federal agents to:

-with a warrant, seize unopened voice mail

-share foreign intelligence from wiretaps

-conduct electronic surveillance and court-upervised wiretaps in terrorism investigations

-obtain judicial search warrants that are valid nationwide

-obtain wiretaps in terrorism and espionage probes that last for a year

The House passed a 10-year extension of provisions that will:

-permit "roving wiretaps" in espionage and terrorism investigations

-allow the FBI to seek a court order to obtain records from businesses, libraries, or gun stores

Section 215 of the Patriot Act is particularly offensive. It allows the FBI to order any person or entity to turn over "any tangible things," so long as the FBI specifies that the order is "for an authorized investigation...to protect against international terrorism or clandestine intelligence activities."

Section 215 greatly expands the FBI's power to spy on ordinary individuals living in the United States, including United States citizens and permanent residents. The FBI is not required to show probable cause, or even reasonable grounds to believe, that the person whose records it is seeking is engaged in criminal activity. The FBI need not have any suspicion that the subject of the investigation is an agent of a foreign power.

Section 215 of the Patriot Act also allows the FBI to investigate United States citizens because of their exercise of First Amendment rights. For example, the FBI could undertake surveillance simply because they don't like the web sites the individual visits or the books she reads. They could spy on her because she wrote a letter to the editor critical of federal policy. In addition, those served with Section 215 orders--such as bookstores and libraries--are prohibited from disclosing this fact to anyone else. Subjects of this surveillance are never notified.

The Patriot Act is a dangerous piece of legislation, bordering on hysteria. In my view, its provisions clearly violate the 4th amendment's protection against search and seizure and the 5th amendment's protection against self-incrimination. The Patriot Act brings the United States closer to being a police state.
"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

have a good laugh on me dude... ;)

Omg here comes the propaganda. No they didn't bash in my door. You are watching too much television. GWB doesn't want to wire tap us all and pry into our personal lives. If he thinks there is a need he wants to tap a line and if it its worth listening to he will if not he doesn't. We are fighting a war against people that will use any means to kill us so let him do what he has to do and stop the spin.
blahblah.gif

If Bush II didn't want to pry into all our personal lives, then why did he request (demand) from google, yahoo and the likes for ALL the users internet requests???

Second, I will repeat this again... Bush should have the power to protect us from terrorist attacks... but there should be safeguards to such power. That is a fundamental part of our government. The founding fathers were well-educated about the "European" way of doing things - putting too much power in the hands of one man. They drafted our Constitution, in part, as a safeguard from tyranny. Bush has attempted, on several fronts, to side step those safeguard boundaries. Thank goodness he was called out on this one and the problems have seemingly been remedied.

The issue has never been whether to monitor suspected terrorists but doing it legally and with proper checks and balances to prevent abuses.

They're encroaching on your Constitutional rights more and more and most never realize it at all.

No they are trying to protect us pal. Get the blindfold off.

Drug tests for "security sensitive" positions..ie ,airline workers

So? If you don't use drugs you have nothing to worry about.

Sobriety check points have evolved from 1 out of 4 vehicles to every one...escalated into safety checkpoints,seatbelt checkpoints

So DWI and seatbelts are something called laws. I don't agree with the seatbelt law but I follow it or risk the fine. Once we start not obeying the laws we have anarchy.

Backround checks for just about everything

More propaganda. More Spin.
spin.gif

I wouldn't go too far with just because it's the law, obey it.

Slavery was legal for half of this country's existence. Apparently so was genocide.

I am a firm believer in tradition and law and order. I am also a firm believer in questioning everything.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Dude,

"But its not ever going to end there dude.

Drug tests for "security sensitive" positions..ie ,airline workers...see any cops,teachers,judges subject to the same?

well thats ok.....I don't do any of that..

Sobriety check points have evolved from 1 out of 4 vehicles to every one...escalated into safety checkpoints,seatbelt checkpoints...document checkpoints all infringments to your liberties.

well thats ok........

Backround checks for just about everything...like library books...See more below:"
------------------------------------------------------------

Most excellent!

If our pols, D&R, would put all the BS aside, the Constitution is one thing we can all agree on.

------------------------------------------------------------

And for those who thinks Bush needs all this power, are you going to feel that way when it's president Hillary?

Once we start not obeying the laws we have anarchy.

Once the State collapses due to people being tired of having their Constitution and Civil rights infringed upon,then we have anarchy.

You seem quite comfortable living under authoritarian rule there comrade.Hail the State...Hail the ruler... :mf_boff:

Back