Selling E-190's

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Room Throughout Coach or something like that. As said, shortly before 911 AA removed a couple of rows from coach to give greater pitch. Shortly after 911 AA reversed course.

Jim

As a matter of fact, Jim, another brand spankin' new west metal A321 was delivered in PIT yesterday, and it ferried to CLT tonight to be put into revenue service. I still can't understand why we continue to segregate A321's between East (GE engines) and West (IAE Engines). Wouldn't it make more sense to order one engine type, or is Tempe content with keeping the East/West separate so they can sell them off in two parts?

Ship 537, with IAE engines, will be flown as East metal. Just came out as a CBS message.

Since the last A321 deliveries are not covered under the Transition Agreement, does any one know if they could be flown by either East or West pilots?

Why? Can somebody remind me whyUSAirways have the E190 in the first place? If it was good then it should be good now. The E190 have been on the property a very short time.
Think about ramp up and ramp down of this type of equipment.
Put a price tag on that.?????The unions should be addressing this
Maybe when all is said and done US will profit. I am sure that is management’s story.
The unions should ask to see the numbers and bargain the company’s insightful move

What was the real reason Kirby put that message out yesterday? It certainly wasn't to help the employees. They were already warned that this might come, so telling them it was going to happen, without any more information has done nothing to add to their stress level. They can't can't go try and find a job because they don't know when they will be furloughed and if they get one they would have to resign. It will be even more miserable for those pilots flying the aircraft, and more of a distraction, as if there weren't enough. Another example of great leadership.

Question:

If these 10 (or more later) 190s do go to Republic and get used for Frontier or Midwest, they still will have to staff them with their own pilots/FAs. So, there should be backfill positions resulting from pilots/FAs leaving Republic's USAir flying. Thus, don't 50% of those backfill positions need to be staffed with furloughed pilots (and FAs?) from USAir before Republic can hire any new hires?

So, the basic question, does J4J still exist and do the unions know about that?

I think Parker has proven himself to be nothing like your previous management. He wants to run and airline and is doing it in the most cost effective way he can.

We're just unable to hold our own. No one to blame but USAPA.
Selling the most cost effective a/c on the property is only burning the furniture to heat the house for a few more months.

I don't see how you can blame ANY union for company business decisions that are completely out of the employees hands. Sounds like you just like find any excuse to bash.

It's a shame that any employee, east or west, should lose their jobs. If Parker & co. really wanted to run an airline they wouldn't do everything in their power to upset elites, regular customers, and employees.

I really liked riding the E190 on my flights, it will be missed by those of us who pay the bills.

Dorf

Question:

If these 10 (or more later) 190s do go to Republic and get used for Frontier or Midwest, they still will have to staff them with their own pilots/FAs. So, there should be backfill positions resulting from pilots/FAs leaving Republic's USAir flying. Thus, don't 50% of those backfill positions need to be staffed with furloughed pilots (and FAs?) from USAir before Republic can hire any new hires?

So, the basic question, does J4J still exist and do the unions know about that?

I would not get your hopes up with this, even though it should happen. Don't forget that this pilot group is very good at sacrificing its junior pilots. Cleary was quite clear that he was not going to save jobs. He says he will do everything to fight for your "rights" not "jobs." The other 15 will be sold soon, you can do the math on layoffs.

StreetPilot,

This is Deja Vu for US Airways.

Exact replica, btw.

No crew members will be guaranteed jobs at Republic. They will just be promised an "interview" - at which point they can end up at Shuttle America, Chautauqua, or Republic. Add to the mix they now own Midwest, Frontier, and Mokulele, it could mean that an 18 year pilot at USAirways could end up flying Caravans between Molokai and Honolulu under the Republic umbrella.

These aircraft were on order for America West prior to the merger. The configuration was more or less set in stone. Thus the IAE engines.
All new Airbus that we get outside of orders made prior to the merger will come with IAE engines.

No more new CFM's orders.

You also have to remember YX is furloughing pilots, they probably have some kind of first rights to new planes under Republic since YX is owned by them too.

And HP did not have any A321 orders prior to the merger, they were ordered post merger.

Selling the most cost effective a/c on the property is only burning the furniture to heat the house for a few more months.

I don't think you're seeing the big picture here. Its not about the money, but about size and type. Parker is cleaning house for a merger. He's getting as lean as possible before pulling the trigger.

I don't see how you can blame ANY union for company business decisions that are completely out of the employees hands. Sounds like you just like find any excuse to bash.

With an imminent merger on the way, you'd think USAPA would sew things up tight and put language in a new CBA that would protect its pilots. But no, they're going to go into this exposed and Parker is going to peel away as much fluff as he can. But don't take my word for it - look around. The remainder of the EMB's will be sold by the end of the year.

If Parker & co. really wanted to run an airline they wouldn't do everything in their power to upset elites, regular customers, and employees.

Another disconnect. Its not about employees and elites, its about stockholders. Engineers don't build strong bridges because that would be too expensive. Instead, they build bridges that are strong enough. Parker (and everyone else) don't run perfect airlines, the run airlines just well enough not to piss everyone off. Its a fine line, but they're doing it.

Does anyone find it funny that Kirby would publish a letter to the employees that "they are CLOSE to finalizing an agreement" to sell 10 E190's? Not they are Finalizing or HAVE FINALIZED an agreement to sell E190's? First, not professional at all, and secondly, could he be yanking our chain? Just a thought.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back