Seneca's 172 Invovled In Mishap

N2

Apr 7, 2003
Thought perhaps some of the Seneca people could help me out here. Tonight on the news I saw one of Seneca's 172 was invovled in an accident and was wondering would those flying be removed from the program after having a mishap such as this? Glad it wasn't more serious although the repair bill is going to be pretty hefty!

Not sure if he/she lost it on take-off or landing but ended up going through the rough and into a couple of parked aircraft. There was a little bit of wind but nothing to really to get excited about. They were pretty quick to cover up the tail logo on the aircraft though.

Yes it happened at Buttonville. From the newsclip looks like they may have clipped a few expensive machines. One of them was an Aerostar.

ewww... thats rough...
oh well - just a bruised ego I guess...
although I hear that injury has a long recovery time... :p

I learned the hardway about checking break pressure at that very airport several yeasr ago...

I had a lear on short final behind me when landing, so I kept up my speed on the roll, and took a taxiway turn off a little faster then I should have (although had done it many times before with no issues) and the break only gave me 45 degrees worth of the 60 degree turn I asked for... my passenger and I ended up having a bumpy ride through the grass to get back to the apron... :huh:
I parked the plane and walked into dispatch with my head down and reported it.
It was confirmed that break pressure was low... there was no damage to the plane, I was lucky... :unsure:

Back