Sensitive Topic, Fi Webmasters Death/memorial Donations

skybolt

Oct 15, 2002
I frequent numerous aviation websites, among those is flightinfo. As you may know, the FI webmaster, Mark Schaden died last week in a midair close to akron Ohio.

At present, a massive fundraising drive is underway to provide funds to Marks widow and children. However, we seem to be leaving the other victim out of the good will. The second aircraft was occupied by a CFI and his young student. Apparently the CFI's situation is similar to the Webmasters situation. Wife, two kids, one more on the way. I appreciate the outpouring of support for the webmaster, but feel that the CFI's family needs support as well.

If anyone has any info relating to a memorial fund for the CFI, I'd like to gain access to it. Could you please post it. Someone posted this request on Flightinfo, but the Administrator made it clear that the FI effort was going to be directed to the webmaster. That's fair, but the pictures they have posted of the webmaster show that he owned several aircraft, etc. He was obviously not a poor man. Having been a starving CFI, I can imagine that the CFI death will leave his family destitute.

I would really like to donate to the CFI, and if I find any contact info for his memorial fund, I'll post it here.

Thanks for letting me vent. Any post on FI, that doesn't follow the "we need to fund Marks kids education" would seem to be unwelcome.

My sincere condolences to all involved, there are NO winners here. I just want to make sure that the grievance funds are somewhat evenly split.

skybolt

Back