September 11 - A day of rememberance

N903AW

Veteran
Jul 27, 2005
KPHX
Visit site
This morning, the fifth anniversary of the attacks on our country, our profession and our way of life has been a morning of reflection and rememberance.

September 11, 2001 was a day of tragic loss, pain and despair for all of us. We were all impacted that day. Some of us lost loved ones, some of us were consumed with fear in the uncertainty of it all. We will never forget where we were and what we were doing when the attacks on our nation, our citizens, our coworkers and our profession began to unfold. On this day of rememberance, we should never forget. We should always remember.

On that day, and in the days that followed, we became one. First and foremost as Americans, and, for those of us in the airline industry, as coworkers - regardless of the carrier in which we were employed - the barriers came down and we were one. We all came together. All sections of this country with it's many political, social and religious backgrounds - people who may not normally mix - became one.

Today, remembering the past, I have dedicated myself to be one with those with whom I am truly related. First, through the mutual despair and pain felt on that day five years ago and later in the ongoing healing process aided with hope and faith.

Always remember, never forget. Today, we are one.

Latest posts

Back