Shortage of pilot's and AMT's!

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/07/13/rising-demand-for-airline-pilots-raises-safety-concerns/?intcmp=feature

Oh, the poor airlines. I guess they'll have to cut current employee pay and benefits even more to pay for all this training without cutting into the executives' bonusses.

AA management offer for an American Airlines Captain flying the A319, about $140,000/Yr, less than a B727 Domestic Flight Engineer in 2000.

Going rate in Asia for that same Type Rating $240,000+/yr and rising.

Moving overseas is a tough decison for most, but we are quickly approaching a decscription of that decison as a no-brainer for many with that pay difference. Should be hilarious watching a guy collect his Type Rating at DFW, grab a flight to PVG after his IOE and quit by a Skype call.

And, management will be standing at the windows at Centerport clutching their pearls, aghast at how they have been betrayed by those demon, disloyal, conniving pilots.

Yup.

Just look at the RAA and that piece of work Roger Cohen. He still actually thinks a 250-500 hour new hire is a competent pilot.

Look at them now. they hired an expensive consultancy to figure out their executive compensation, something that should have been decided in a morning meeting after serving the labor 1113C's.

Any chance they will set their pay at the same relative worldwide rate as the A319 pilot rate?

While I hope the forecast is right, there's been a pilot shortage right around the corner as long as I've been involved and now retired from aviation....

Jim

While I hope the forecast is right, there's been a pilot shortage right around the corner as long as I've been involved and now retired from aviation....

Jim

It's been a kick arse career since the WWII Bomber guys retired (single seat guys were out in 1946) :blush:

• Banned
Did you pick up on the fact that they devoted one whole paragraph to the fact that there was an AMT shortage also?

Back