Shuttle Flying, Bankruptcy Financing, & Gecas

USA32Pilot said: "Do not be surprised if the Shuttle obtains EMB-170 (aircraft)".

700UW responded: "Come February the Shuttle will be ALL Airbus."

700UW ..............Have you checked the LGA / DCA Schedule in Sabre starting Feb 12th?

Note that the E170 & B737 on Shuttle routes is for Saturday only, when loads are much less.

Also of note is that flight 2171 LGA-DCA returns to a 9PM departure, not 5:30PM. LGA-BOS also reclaims its 9PM departure as well. These flights were eliminated from the Shuttle a long time ago.

LGA / 037:

In addition to the Saturday flights, there will be more EMB-170 flying added to the Shuttle.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

700UW better get used to being wrong about a lot of things.
This is just another example of a smart change, Hopefully many more to come.

USA320Pilot said:
LGA / 037:

In addition to the Saturday flights, there will be more EMB-170 flying added to the Shuttle.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="226878"][/post]​

I don't see the EMB170 as a bad thing at all. From a customer standpoint I have heard great things. Infact, my sister just flew from MCI-CLT on it and though it was a wonderful aircraft....and my sister is hard to please. She said there was lots of room, comfy, amd her bag fit in the overhead. I have been on that airplane and was impressed. Hum...funny how I flew the F28 18 years ago, which was smaller, and now I would have to go back to the same pay to fly this plane that is in the same certificate.........The things that make you go HUM. :unsure:

I was not wrong.

The company in a powerpoint presentation informed all the manager the shuttle in February would be all Airbus.

And I have a copy of the presentation on paper from the company where it states the shuttle will be all airbus.

Now that 10 airbii are being returned to GE, it is forcing a revamp of the schedule.

ISP said:
Note that the E170 & B737 on Shuttle routes is for Saturday only, when loads are much less.

Also of note is that flight 2171 LGA-DCA returns to a 9PM departure, not 5:30PM. LGA-BOS also reclaims its 9PM departure as well. These flights were eliminated from the Shuttle a long time ago.
[post="226845"][/post]​

The 8 and 9pm Shuttles should be both EMB170's with the exception of Sunday night where the yield isnt as high, but the load factor is always at least 90%

Hope777 said:
1st, the F28-1000 was slighty smaller but was a heavier bird.
[post="226905"][/post]​

And flown like a fighter jet. :lol: :lol:

I remember more messes on that airplane when we were descending. Gee, do I miss saying "Watcher head" 55 times. :lol: :lol:

There are quite a few people making connections through LGA and DCA in the evening too, on top of the normal shuttle traffic. I've got several FLL/BOS trips booked through both..beats PHL connections..

LGA Customer Service Training Supervisor Ann Mackay sent a Lotus note to all CSA's and said, "Please review yesterday's customer service briefing: N*CSBRF 09DEC. Customer service door opening procedures are explained here. We will be training in LGA for this in January - first EMB-170 is in our schedule begininning Feb. 6 - 5 pm to DCA - Saturday's - Shuttle flight."

Regards,

USA320Pilot

With the amount of crews MDA crews US is basing in DCA you would think that the 170s (or possibly 190s?) will be flying the entire Shuttle.

Back