Siegel Resigns

robbedagain said:
it seems like that bronner said he had complete faith in seigel back in dec when alpa called for his resignation now i wonder if he had that right up until yesterday when seigel quit
Perhaps Bronner told Siegel he's closing up shop and Siegel decided to get off the ride before it completely stopped.

Curious, how come Bronner didn't issue the standard "we're conducting a nationwide search for a new CEO" press release?

The decision's been made folks. The barbarians are at your gate in ten days and you have no ready response or leadership.

Is this what Rono Dutta advised Bronner?

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Perhaps Bronner told Siegel he's closing up shop and Siegel decided to get off the ride before it completely stopped.

Curious, how come Bronner didn't issue the standard "we're conducting a nationwide search for a new CEO" press release?

The decision's been made folks. The barbarians are at your gate in ten days and you have no ready response or leadership.
What more can be said. You've said it all in a nutshell.

KARMA WILL GET YOU EVERYTIME DAVY!!!

HOPE THIS IS A LESSON LEARNED FOR YOU!!

SEE YA!!!! WOULDN"T WANT TO BE YA!!! EVEN WITH THAT BONUS...TAKING THAT MONEY WOULD GIVE ME A GUILTY CONSCIENCE.

SHOULD OF LISTENED IN TPA.....

What ever happens to U is going to be on the result of unions not being realistic. The new guy is going to be even harder on the unions than Siegel and in a few month every on e is going to say we wish he still would be here. The BOD needs to run a business and if it comes down to it they will do what is in the best interest of the owners. If the best interest for the owners will be to sell the assets in return for stocks to Branson and let him build a new airline than they will go for it. Then no one will have seniority, can’t make demands and will have to stand in line with so many other people that are on the street currently and they will pick the ones that will fit into their culture. And guess what, many of the whiners are going to have to get used to a life without aircrafts and airlines.

The new guy will have no baggage to carry and will not give the unions what they want. Regardless from where he comes, he will look at numbers and facts and the fact is that U has a CASM that is the double of JetBlue and Southwest. Looking at the 10K that U filled, he will get to the point very quickly and that means cutting employee cost. There are several other things that have to be done in addition but he will not play around for a long time. How is that say: A new broom cleans better than the old one!

All I can say is enjoy the ride, you got what you wanted and have to live with the consequences. As always, beware what you wish for!

I didn't read all these posts and I have been away for a couple of days with no computer, but....

I was stunned to hear that Siegel had resigned. I'm feeling pretty agnostic about Lakefield taking the "batton". I am not inspired.

Lakefield was a CEO of Lehman Bros. which is a huge Brokerage firm (another wall street man). Bronner is a Pension fund manger, (another "wall street" man)

He is not looking at U as some "chairty case" even though the RSA investment is LESS THAN 1% of the Pension fund and would have very low risk exposure.

SO.......one has to think, what they hey? Its all about EGO folks.

We have just KILLED the messenger, AND THE MESSAGE IS STILL THE SAME.

Same plan, same deadline, same threat, same station..... :down:

El Gato said:
This guy Lakefield is a temporary stand in. Bronner and Seagull have finally realized that the airline can not be saved. I hear a circular saw coming for US in the next few days. Nice going unionista idiots. You had to push and push and scream gimme gimme gimme. Well, now it looks like you are going to be out of a job. Do you believe it now?

It is a shame. You all were so close. Of all the majors, you had the best chance to turn the thing around. All it took was a little cooperation. But NOOOOOO! Greedy, lazy b*stards had to be stubborn!

Looks like there will be a sh*tload of "For Sale" signs on front lawns in CLT and PIT now...but you couldn't give a car or home away now. Nobody wants it.

I expect either a total shutdown of operations, or a firesale to occur within the next 2 weeks.
It's been 2 weeks. We're still here.