skywest pilots vote

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Do not vote for ALPO. In todays environment you need strong in house union. Look at the 3 strongest pilots groups. AMR, UPS, LUV NONE represented by ALPO.

Read up on history since 78. Forget pre 78 and the old days as that does not represent the current situation facing pilot groups today.

You will be SORRY if you vote ALPO in.

National refuses to honor the strike of PATCO, EAL, TWA-Ozark wrap around agreement, pension LOSSES, UAL strike, NWA strike etc. Mgt. bankruptcies. BUT, Hey, don't DARE cross the National secretaries/staff strike of last year by people that make more money than F/O's and many captains.

You guys/gals are college educated right? Don't vote for ALPO.

I've got to agree with that sentiment. National is a group of pilots with a vested interest in the demise of other carriers. In house unions make far more sense. They function solely for the benefit of their members, not members from other competing carriers who benefit when you you fail.

I'll try to get a word in here before this thread gets moved or deleted for being in the wrong forum...

First off, I am not the biggest fan of ALPA (although I am happy to give my 2% monthly). I just feel that they don't ALWAYS represent the interests of all pilot groups. However, I very much enjoy the services (aeromedical, legal, safety etc) that they do provide.

Now, all three companies that you mentioned do in fact have strong in house unions. The thing you DIDN'T mention is that those unions (I know 2 do I'm not sure about the third) pay a fair amount of money to ALPA every year for services.

Oh yeah, also, those three in house unions aren't run by the company. They are run by the pilot group and the are the OFFICIAL bargaining agents of those pilots group. SAPA sure as heck ain't that.

Do not vote for ALPO. In todays environment you need strong in house union. Look at the 3 strongest pilots groups. AMR, UPS, LUV NONE represented by ALPO.

UPS only has the contract it has because of the ALPA represented Fedex pilots, and LUV's pilots are pragmatic, something that US Airways pilots (or certainly the East) would not recognize if they tripped on it.

ALPA, seems to me, is a lot like Dan Katz--nothing will change by changing the representative if the agent has to "represent stupid."

Thats fine, but what does Skywest voting on ALPA have to do with US Airways voting it off the property?

Why are you ASSUMING that? Usairways never mentioned in original post. As you know, assume makes an --- out of you and me. ass/u/me.