SLI T/A concensus?

SWA.TECH

Advanced
Jan 29, 2012
In light of the dispatchers victorious arbitration I am intersted in my AMFA brothers opinion of the current SLI T/A. Im about done with all the bickering and arguments, and just ready to move forward and try to salvage what culture is left.... However I also want whats best for the group and can see how arbitration could be a safer route for the junior guys in keeping the LOA's intact. Anyway just wondering what the other AMFA SWA mechanics think about the options? NOT AT OR EX UAL..... Let me be clear im asking for the opinions of AMFA SWA MX.

I am voting yes to all, and am ready to move forward with the integration.

Then start section 6 negotiations.

I am leaning yes, however after the dispatchers arbitration I could see it being interesting if it went to arbitration. Many factors were considered that were previously in question as to there impact on a decision... Anyway thanks for the reply.

I am on the fence right now. Perhaps I need a cup of kool aid at a road show. I do have 1 major question on my mind, what happens to our 4 year bump if we combine with another carrier in the future? If this bump doesn't carry with me for the rest of my swa career then i'm a definite no. I just dont want to be leap frogged by former at guys if our possible next TA is DOH

I too will be voting yes to all documents presented. Why? 4 years (to me personally) is a fair number. The 4 years is the minimum I was asking for as a percentage from the very get go of all this. Also All the other groups, that have agreements, have come to the same conclusion as AMFA has, that the SWA employee groups more than deserve an enhancement to thier seniority, as well as an arbitrator has too. We get the Den Maint (with nothing in return) we get 401K increase and retro'd (with nothing in return. Yes I know, should have had it sooner) The company has put a date on 4th line and has started the hiring for the line. One other reason that I have not seen posted yet. We, as a group, will have a much easier nego, for our section 6 coming due, if we were to come to an agreement for integration, rather than going thru arbitration and wasting alot of money and time just to end up recieving 4 years. That's just not rational thinking. I also don't want to hold out from the AT guys recieving thier raises just out of spite and threat lay-offs and seperate contracts forever for spite as some are doing out here. Although we are not in a hurry, I would still like to get this overwith in order to move our focuss to the sec 6 negos. When this is done, we are in fact going right into sec 6 nego.
One more thing. I was not told this by anyone, however, my personal opinion here. If we were to vote this down on the SWA side, we will in fact lose the 401K increased match as well as Den maint. and you will not see it in this sec 6 nego either. If you guys vote down this match this time it will be gone forever. I would hate to take a chance of that coming to reality. That's for our retirement gentlemen... I'm stealing from WNMECH now; "It's a no-brainer for me" Voting YES across the board...

I am on the fence right now. Perhaps I need a cup of kool aid at a road show. I do have 1 major question on my mind, what happens to our 4 year bump if we combine with another carrier in the future? If this bump doesn't carry with me for the rest of my swa career then i'm a definite no. I just dont want to be leap frogged by former at guys if our possible next TA is DOH

I'm not exactly sure of the answer to this question. IMO, I think if we aquire another airline we would have to nego another enhancement. I don't think this 4 yrs stays with us. The 4 yrs we are going to vote on, I believe, stays only between us and the AirTran mechs. I could be wrong, however, this would be a perfect question for the road show informational meetings. Unless someone could enlighten us now, and get it verified at the meetings.

The way it was explained to me is this SLI puts us all in order if it passes.
This order amongst us, SWA and AT, will never change.
If we merge with another airline this list will have to be merged with the new airline by whatever method is agreed to, but our positions on our list can not be changed.
AT mechs will not be able to jump over any SWA mechs or change their positions relative to us.

Well boys get ready for MERGER #2. There is an active blog over on http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/southwest-airtran-merger/66945-swa-b6.html about rumbling at B6 about a merger with SWA. I would assume that GK has his checkbook ready and why stop here just keep going.

I do have 1 major question on my mind, what happens to our 4 year bump if we combine with another carrier in the future?

Depends heavily on exactly how the 4-year bump works. If the integrated list is put together as though the WN people had 4 extra years longevity (i.e. - a WN person hired 7/1/94 would be below FL people hired 6/31/90 and earlier but above FL people hired 7/02/90 and later) and then the list determines everything after integration, chances are good that it would stay with you in another merger. Arbitrators don't normally change the order of people on the two individual lists when the integrate them. However, if the single WN/AT list is put together by DOH but bidding, etc, is done as though the WN people had 4 extra years, the arbitrator would normally take the list and integrate it with the other list in a future merger although he/she could give some weight to the 4 years. But it wouldn't necessarily be as good as having the WN/FL list include the addition 4 years for the WN people.

Jim

Well boys get ready for MERGER #2. There is an active blog over on http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/southwest-airtran-merger/66945-swa-b6.html about rumbling at B6 about a merger with SWA. I would assume that GK has his checkbook ready and why stop here just keep going.
Hey now, this would be a little too soon. Havent even seen the AT s*$5storm settle down and besides swamt has said he sees/heard a merger around 2015, not saying he is a guru but his info has been more accurate than most!!

But again GK doesnt ask us and O boy here we go again, the AT rumor at least took 4-5 years to come to fruition so let us all pray for a cooling off period.

Hey now, this would be a little too soon. Havent even seen the AT s*$5storm settle down and besides swamt has said he sees/heard a merger around 2015, not saying he is a guru but his info has been more accurate than most!!

But again GK doesnt ask us and O boy here we go again, the AT rumor at least took 4-5 years to come to fruition so let us all pray for a cooling off period.

I can finally say that I agree with you on something. A cooling off period would be much deserved by both AT an SWA employees alike. Let's not be like US air and want to merge with AMR when the America west fiasco still hasn't been hashed out.

title of post SLI T/A concensus for SWA MX.... quit thread jacking...

more info to process: From the dispatchers arbitration.

Arbitrators opinion:
The record is abundantly clear that the Air-tran dispatchers, upon becoming Southwest dispatchers, will be able to enjoymany benefits not now available to them, benefits that greatly enhance what they receive with Air-tran. Additionally the Air-tran dispatchers, besides getting a windfall (thats right folks, he said windfall) with pay and benefits, will also have the added benefit of joining a well established , financially solid company where greater oppurtunities will be afforded.

In turn, it must then be asked, what do the Southwest dispatchers gain out of this merger with Air-tran. These Dispatchers have established there careers with Southwest and have established themselves on the Southwest roster by seniority. Absent a bump in seniority , as requested by 550, they gain nothing versus the Air-tran dispatchers , with this merger. (thats right folks he said , they gain nothing)

thank you swamt, wnmech and boeingboy for some insight to the 4 year bump. I do think this will surely pass this time around. havent be hearing any bad talking about this TA like the first time around. haven't heard of any road show dates yet, perhaps they feel good enough about this proposel to skip straight to a vote. Also, I heard the rampers/ground ops went to arbitration. any links on their ruling?

thank you swamt, wnmech and boeingboy for some insight to the 4 year bump. I do think this will surely pass this time around. havent be hearing any bad talking about this TA like the first time around. haven't heard of any road show dates yet, perhaps they feel good enough about this proposel to skip straight to a vote. Also, I heard the rampers/ground ops went to arbitration. any links on their ruling?

Road shows to come, vote begins may 21 commences june 21. If ramp goes anything like the dispatch, a bump is coming.

Back