Slot Transaction, E-190 Sale, Crew Base Closures, & Realignment Designed to Shop the Company for Sal

Oh my gosh, WN entering the CLT market???! :rolleyes:
Who cares. Just like PHL, they will never OWN the market share!
We have done pretty well in PHX all these years, and Southwest hasn't run US out yet!
WE are still the Hometown Airline, and obviously are HERE TO STAY!!! :up:
US Airways will survive, whether we merge or not. :up:
I hope you are being sarcastic if not you need a history lesson

Oh my gosh, WN entering the CLT market???! :rolleyes:
Who cares. Just like PHL, they will never OWN the market share!
We, (HP) have done pretty well in PHX all these years, and Southwest hasn't run US out yet!
WE are still the Hometown Airline, PHX and CLT, and obviously are HERE TO STAY!!! :up:
US Airways will survive. ;)
Like I said.. :rolleyes:

Haven't seen anything about it here, but there is a bit of chatter over at anet about US Express' plans to to run twenty (20) LGA-PHL roundtrips starting in Feb, seems to have something to do with keeping LGA slots alive until the DL slot swap is completed.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/g...4621370/#menu26

That's a lot of Dash 8s buzzing around! One of the anet posters calls it "the Shuttle to Nowhere". :rolleyes:

It's just the company's way of mitigating the LGA base closure.

Providing hourly service for the displaced pilots, flight attendants, and station personnel commuting LGA-PHL is a very generous gesture on their part. Clearly shows they have the best interest of their employees at heart.

It's just the company's way of mitigating the LGA base closure.

Providing hourly service for the displaced pilots, flight attendants, and station personnel commuting LGA-PHL is a very generous gesture on their part. Clearly shows they have the best interest of their employees at heart.
You're kidding.. right?? Tempe closes the base and doesn't allow a furlough to collect unemployment. The cost of closing the BOS base is supposed to save the company $5,000,000 over 5 years but not right away. That's peanuts. Maybe Parker could give up $1,000,000 of his salary a year to prevent the disruption of so many lives :angry: :down:

You're kidding.. right??

Of course I'm kidding. But you can bet the LGA-PHL commuters will be glad to have that hourly service (if the rumor has legs).

Unfortunately, USAirways employees work for a company that has a long history of closing bases and even pulling down entire route systems for what management percieves as sound financial/operational planning.

That's why WN has over 10 times as many planes in their fleet as 20 years ago and US has a couple hundred less over the same period.

As many have pointed out on US Aviation over the years, commuting is a choice one makes. If that is your choice you simply do what makes it work for you and soldier on.

At USAirways, employees can be considered as "work units", just like an aircraft or a tug or a towbar. The days of employees being recognized as valued assets left along with Colodny and Schofield.

From what I have seen, this is already taking place. I didn't have time to count, but the last time that I looked there were lots of flights between LGA - PHL. It looked like there were 2 per hour for a good part of the day.

From what I have seen, this is already taking place. I didn't have time to count, but the last time that I looked there were lots of flights between LGA - PHL. It looked like there were 2 per hour for a good part of the day.

That is correct. 20 round trips a day would not be much of an increase. A good percentage of the flights later in the day are in the old Dash 8s which are always weight restricted and usually booked full. There is no rhyme or reason to how they schedule the flights (from a convenience issue) because they run three or four in close order just BEFORE all the transatlantic flights arrive in PHL. These quite expectedly run half empty. Likely they are strictly repositioning anyway.

If anyone getting displaced from LGA bids into PHL expecting to fly back and forth to work, they are in for a rude awakening. The PIT-PHL commuters have a dream situation by comparison.

There is a rummor that Republic aquired the finance for the remaining 15 E-190
They will be on the March bid.

I thought the company said they planned on placing the remaining e190's primarily on the shuttle? If it brings in cash though I guess I can see them selling them. This place is a trip. :rolleyes:

Back