Some quotes from PO'ed Delta Employees....

Really. I think you jest.

You may want to review the following two threads. One of the two is a poll on a US thread which has those opposed to this merger running 3 to 1 against. I can only image what it would be if it were in the DL forum.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626152
and
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626152

Enjoy!!!!
Oh, ok, I stand corrected. Flyertalk is an accurate cross section of DL and US frequent flyers, similar to the "facts" here on usaviation. :lol: And, your two examples showed posts from people voting "yes" for the merger, or people saying it wont happen, not that they dont want it to happen..... and???

You are saying that there is more value for DL frequent flyers in US and DL remaining separate? Are you serious? Route structure and RJ capacity elimination alone would add great benefit....

Oh, ok, I stand corrected. Flyertalk is an accurate cross section of DL and US frequent flyers, similar to the "facts" here on usaviation. :lol: And, your two examples showed posts from people voting "yes" for the merger, or people saying t wont happen, not that they dont want it to happen..... and???

You are saying that there is more value for DL frequent flyers in US and DL remaining separate? Are you serious? Route structure alone would add great benefit....
Yes it is as a matter of fact. With over 120,000 registered FF I would say that outranks the membership here and does in fact provide a accurate cross section. Many companies have representatives present on the forum to interact with their best customers and almost all including US have senior management who read it everyday. Of course, US has no official or unoffical representation on the board as we all know as FF they seldom respond when addressed directly.

In addition, I flew on DL two days this week and without exception, the comments from other pax about US were very nasty (and accurate I might add) Let's see, I quoted the basis for my comments. I would love to see the source for all of the positive comments that you cited. I look forward to a link.....

As for the crack you are smoking, just exactly where does US fly that DL doesn't. I await your informed answer. And if you think they barbie jets are going away just because doug said so, you are in for a big disappointment. Isn't he the guy that said all of res that was outsourced was coming back in house, but a year later is now back tracking on those commitments. I do believe he is.

The venom comes from the fact that DL has the best management team they have in years and the employees and FF see it. They see huge value in remaining a stand alone carrier. The improvements in the last 18 months instituted by the DL management team are quite long and the employees look at the train wreck called US and wonder just what is to be gained by hooking up with the US management team. I Agree.... there is none.... and unfortunately for wonder boy, the DL creditors have agreed once already as well.

As for the US management team, they are very good at cashing checks they did not earn from the operations of the airline. As matter of fact they have proven to the FF community they have no idea how to run an airline and the only way to hide that fact is to acquire another. A ponzi scheme.

The US management team can not organize a one car funeral and get the coffin and the hearse to the cemetery at the same time. I and others see no value in giving them a chance to add another airline to the "circle of death"

Pass the pipe.....

i wonder why the HP peopl didnt give the backlash but USAIR was in my opion brought out by HP and I wondr if thats why DELTAis pissed that US survived and DELTA is struggling in CH11. i doubt that the DELTA people would want the pay that comes with US if that were to be the case
The answer is they happen to be proud of their airline even with all they have been through. They now have a management team that enjoys a mutual respect for each other. Not many from the US or HP that post here seem to have the same dedication or respect to/of their management team.

Post on Flyertalk...

Date: November 17, 2006

To: All Delta Employees

Subject: Keep Delta My Delta

By now, all of you have heard about the hostile takeover bid from US Airways. As your peers, we are very aware of the concern that this has caused among Delta employees around the world. In our meeting with Jerry yesterday, shortly after he received the news of the bid, he continued to say that his intention is for Delta to emerge from bankruptcy as an independent, stand-alone company.

As we met with fellow employees after the announcement, we were astounded by the groundswell of pride. No doubt, this renewed pride in Delta is a reflection of the tremendous progress we have made in the last year and our deep dedication to Delta's unique heritage. From new uniforms and the cleanest planes in the industry to exciting new international destinations, an incredible in-flight product, all while our customer service ratings continue to climb. But all of this has made us an attractive target to airlines that cannot make it on their own and want to leverage the success that has been created by the sole efforts of Delta people. In fact, we have already received reports of newsletters sent out by US Airways to its employees boasting of how great life will be once they take over our company.

As we go forward we can expect other carriers to want to leverage the momentum that Delta has ignited. To be sure, we do not want others to rob us of our efforts, our history, and our heritage. Delta Air Lines was built by Delta people and must remain a company run by the people of Delta. Our role must be to continue to raise the value of Delta so that we can remain in charge of our own destiny and make decisions in Delta people’s best interest. How do we do this? Every employee must be dedicated to "Keep Delta My Delta." Continue to provide unrivaled service, win all of the tie breakers with our competitors, and continue to do the little things that set us apart from every other airline - and that make us so attractive to others inside and outside of our industry.

We can and will win this battle. Every effort from every Delta employee is our best defense against aggressive, hostile action against our company. We all have a stake in this battle. This is our time to shine and ensure that we all work together as only we can to "Keep Delta My Delta."

We are having “Keep Delta My Delta†buttons, stickers and wristbands made. Please join us in proudly wearing these to show everyone, everywhere, that our only interest is to “Keep Delta My Delta.â€

Anne Larkin – ACS Beth Graham – IFS Bill Morey – RES Sales and CTOs

Christopher Muise – Supervisory/Administrative Jack Roth - TechOps

As I just posted on the Delta forum:

It's not YOUR DELTA anymore. It's the creditors Delta and they will have t he final say no matter how many buttons or armbands you wear.

you guys need to chill. i was just joking. god . you guys need to relax a little .
You are what you post..... remember this post??????

BURN BABY BURN.

now i really want this thing to go though. just to piss these delta people off. we didn't even get this kind of backlash from the america west people.

As I just posted on the Delta forum:

It's not YOUR DELTA anymore. It's the creditors Delta and they will have t he final say no matter how many buttons or armbands you wear.
You are correct. But it is not US's at this point either, even though dougie seems to think so given the letters to the US employees. You both seem to forget that the creditors have already told dougie to pound salt once.

Given that I would say it is.....

Delta management 1

dougie 0

The answer is they happen to be proud of their airline even with all they have been through. They now have a management team that enjoys a mutual respect for each other. Not many from the US or HP that post here seem to have the same dedication or respect to/of their management team.

Post on Flyertalk...

Date: November 17, 2006

To: All Delta Employees

Subject: Keep Delta My Delta

By now, all of you have heard about the hostile takeover bid from US Airways. As your peers, we are very aware of the concern that this has caused among Delta employees around the world. In our meeting with Jerry yesterday, shortly after he received the news of the bid, he continued to say that his intention is for Delta to emerge from bankruptcy as an independent, stand-alone company.

As we met with fellow employees after the announcement, we were astounded by the groundswell of pride. No doubt, this renewed pride in Delta is a reflection of the tremendous progress we have made in the last year and our deep dedication to Delta's unique heritage. From new uniforms and the cleanest planes in the industry to exciting new international destinations, an incredible in-flight product, all while our customer service ratings continue to climb. But all of this has made us an attractive target to airlines that cannot make it on their own and want to leverage the success that has been created by the sole efforts of Delta people. In fact, we have already received reports of newsletters sent out by US Airways to its employees boasting of how great life will be once they take over our company.

As we go forward we can expect other carriers to want to leverage the momentum that Delta has ignited. To be sure, we do not want others to rob us of our efforts, our history, and our heritage. Delta Air Lines was built by Delta people and must remain a company run by the people of Delta. Our role must be to continue to raise the value of Delta so that we can remain in charge of our own destiny and make decisions in Delta people’s best interest. How do we do this? Every employee must be dedicated to "Keep Delta My Delta." Continue to provide unrivaled service, win all of the tie breakers with our competitors, and continue to do the little things that set us apart from every other airline - and that make us so attractive to others inside and outside of our industry.

We can and will win this battle. Every effort from every Delta employee is our best defense against aggressive, hostile action against our company. We all have a stake in this battle. This is our time to shine and ensure that we all work together as only we can to "Keep Delta My Delta."

We are having “Keep Delta My Delta†buttons, stickers and wristbands made. Please join us in proudly wearing these to show everyone, everywhere, that our only interest is to “Keep Delta My Delta.â€

Anne Larkin – ACS Beth Graham – IFS Bill Morey – RES Sales and CTOs

Christopher Muise – Supervisory/Administrative Jack Roth - TechOps
N866DA is offline Report Bad or Misplaced Post Reply With Quote

Hopefully they will get to keep their arrogance, oops I mean Delta their arrogance, oops I mean Delta.

You are what you post..... remember this post??????

BURN BABY BURN.

now i really want this thing to go though. just to piss these delta people off. we didn't even get this kind of backlash from the america west people.
You are correct. But it is not US's at this point either, even though dougie seems to think so given the letters to the US employees. You both seem to forget that the creditors have already told dougie to pound salt once.

Given that I would say it is.....

Delta management 1

dougie 0

I don't think Mr. Parker has spoken to the creditors as yet. Only Grinstein and he was cool to the overture until it was forced on him last week.

I remember wearing SOS or "Save Our Smile" buttons back in 1988. Look where that went. (Although Mr. Parker brought one back on a PSA Heritage Jet)

It's absolutely amazing to me that the Delta employees are so spun up on this. What has Delta done for them lately, or since the Ron Allen Era, for that matter.

Change may in fact not only be good for the creditors but for the Delta employees and Atlanta as well. This has a LONG way to go before becoming a reality. Remember the United deal, it took two years and then fizzled at the hands of the Justice Department.

Have another Moon Pie and Coca-Cola and chill all you Delta folks.

Yes it is as a matter of fact. With over 120,000 registered FF I would say that outranks the membership here and does in fact provide a accurate cross section. Many companies have representatives present on the forum to interact with their best customers and almost all including US have senior management who read it everyday. Of course, US has no official or unoffical representation on the board as we all know as FF they seldom respond when addressed directly.

In addition, I flew on DL two days this week and without exception, the comments from other pax about US were very nasty (and accurate I might add) Let's see, I quoted the basis for my comments. I would love to see the source for all of the positive comments that you cited. I look forward to a link.....

As for the crack you you smoking, just exactly where does US fly that DL doesn't. I await your informed answer. And if you think they barbie jets are going away just because doug said so, you are in for a big disappointment. Isn't he the guy that said all of res that was outsourced was coming back in house, but a year later is now back tracking on those commitments. I do believe he is.

The venom comes from the fact that DL has the best management team they have in years and the employees and FF see it. They see huge value in remaining a stand alone carrier. The improvements in the last 18 months instituted by the DL management team are quite long and the employees look at the train wreck called US and wonder just what is to be gained by hooking up with the US management team. I Agree.... there is none.... and unfortunately for wonder boy, the DL creditors have agreed once already as well.

As for the US management team, they are very good at cashing checks they did not earn from the operations of the airline. As matter of fact they have proven to the FF community they have no idea how to run an airline and the only way to hide that fact is to acquire another. A ponzi scheme.

The US management team can not organize a one car funeral and get the coffin and the hearse to the cemetery at the same time. I and others see no value in giving them a chance to add another airline to the "circle of death"

Pass the pipe.....
DL has the best management team in years? Stop hoggin the pipe, dude! Are you serious? :lol: I'll leave that one (cough ch11 cough) alone...... :lol:

US was almost dead, HP was well on its way to a cash problem, and now things have turned around. You are right, most of that has to do with the employees, but some has to do with the value that MGMT recognized in the combination of the two.

You ask where US flies that DL doesnt? My answer is nowhere, except maybe US could offer DL a stronger west coast position. What I was referring to in my post is that a combined US/DL could form a stronger carrier that would be in a stronger position to weather certain "storms," such as $100 a barrel oil, and increased LCC competition, etc.... Never said US was better than DL, or anything like that. I am not delusional.

While I have my issues with US mgmt team, unfortunately they have been pulling off what many analysts thought was the impossible, like it or not. Stay tuned, and keep spoutin that venom.... It's a healthy way to live.... :up:

DL has the best management team in years? Stop hoggin the pipe, dude! Are you serious? :lol: I'll leave that one (cough ch11 cough) alone...... :lol:

Never said US was better than DL, or anything like that. I am not delusional.
If you had any idea of what you were posting you would know that the management team in place inherited the many years of mismanagement. The team was put in place to get them out of CH 11. Their list of accomplishments includes many things, but strangely doesn't include cashing checks they did not earn. One question though, when was the last time you saw the employees rallying around their management team at US. My guess it would be just about the time US destroyed PI and PSA

As to the second part, evidently you are delusional since I was not responding to nor quoted your post..... :p Unless you are posting under multiple names..... :shock:

Wow, I thought a PI/HP merger, many moons ago, would be a sweet combination. At the time, it would have benefited me and PI, presumably.
"Things change, and so have I, you need not wonder why...."
For a long time I equated DL with PI pride wise. Er, the culture, mind you.
I had a ton of pride with who I worked for,(PI) and who I was at the time.(I bought into ....whatever.) (My presumption, that my hard work would be appreciated. :rolleyes: ) In the industry, at the current time, all that means nothing. Please take that into consideration when you ponder the issues that you face. (IMHO) It is just business after all.
Pride is a pipe dream. It is very hard to let go, but survival is predominant.

Back