Something Special in the Air

L1011Ret

Veteran
Oct 31, 2002
We know how airlines like to market all kinds the slogans, bennies, frequent flier bonuses, electronic gadgets on planes to creat brand differentiation. First to show inflight moves, the J.D. Power Award, first to fly the Pope, etc. The list is endless.
Now here comes a new brand differentiator from AA...
First to furlough 4000 flight attendants from one domicile.
First to furlough all the flight attendants from the airline it acquired to make places for its own employees.
First to furlough its remaining 1800 flight attendants - mostly women - from the domicile of the acquired airline where they had special seniority and replace them with its own flight attendants half their age and young enough to be their children whose seniority at the acquired airline Domicile is nil.
First to force all the flight attendants of the acquired airline (4000) into one domicile forcing several thousand to commute at their expense.
First deny furlough pay to the 1800 most senior flight attendants at the acquired airline while paying more junior flight attendants furloughed a month ago from the acquired airline furlough pay.
First to force its furloughed flight attendants to collect unemployment from Missouri at $250 per week while denying them unemployment in their home states where they live and where unemployment pays considerably more because they were employed too long in Missouri.

It doesn''t get any better than that - a great brand differentiator and example of what Don Carty called fair and Equitable.

Misplaced anger. AA and Carty have absolutely NO control over how the unions integrate their seniority lists. The LAW requires a "Fair and Equitable" intigration. If the Apfa failed to follow the law there will be a whole lot of recalls going on!

I am sure glad that it is something special in the air, as it is not very special to the TWA employees or RETIREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------
On 6/30/2003 9:21:09 PM AAmech wrote:

Misplaced anger.  AA and Carty have absolutely NO control over how the unions integrate their seniority lists.  The LAW requires a "Fair and Equitable" intigration.  If the Apfa failed to follow the law there will be a whole lot of recalls going on!

----------------​
There is no such law. At SWA in a merger all you get is an interview. No guarantee of a job and seniority goes to date of acquisition. Better or worse deal?

----------------
On 6/30/2003 9:21:09 PM AAmech wrote:

Misplaced anger. AA and Carty have absolutely NO control over how the unions integrate their seniority lists. The LAW requires a "Fair and Equitable" intigration. If the Apfa failed to follow the law there will be a whole lot of recalls going on!

----------------

They just make it so it has to be done.

Can you be more specific about that law, I never heard of such a law. WOuld you mind pointing me in the direction of said law please?

----------------
On 6/30/2003 8:07:39 PM L1011Ret wrote:

We know how airlines like to market all kinds the slogans, bennies, frequent flier bonuses, electronic gadgets on planes to creat brand differentiation. First to show inflight moves, the J.D. Power Award, first to fly the Pope, etc. The list is endless.
Now here comes a new brand differentiator from AA...
First to furlough 4000 flight attendants from one domicile.
First to furlough all the flight attendants from the airline it acquired to make places for its own employees.
First to furlough its remaining 1800 flight attendants - mostly women - from the domicile of the acquired airline where they had special seniority and replace them with its own flight attendants half their age and young enough to be their children whose seniority at the acquired airline Domicile is nil.
First to force all the flight attendants of the acquired airline (4000) into one domicile forcing several thousand to commute at their expense.
First deny furlough pay to the 1800 most senior flight attendants at the acquired airline while paying more junior flight attendants furloughed a month ago from the acquired airline furlough pay.
First to force its furloughed flight attendants to collect unemployment from Missouri at $250 per week while denying them unemployment in their home states where they live and where unemployment pays considerably more because they were employed too long in Missouri.

It doesn''t get any better than that - a great brand differentiator and example of what Don Carty called "fair and Equitable."

----------------​

must ... beat ... dead ... horse

----------------
On 7/1/2003 2:04:57 PM latreal wrote:

(Sherry Cooper)I think I saw its chest move.

Please continue.

must-beat-dead-horse

----------------​

latreal;

If your the same person("latreal") that was on Plane Business BB, welcome to usaviation.

I always enjoyed your comments on PB BB''s.

While you were on a "hiatus", you WOULD NOT believe how MANY union employees PROSTITUTED THEMSELVES, (to this "phoney", "low class" "LYING" company), by voting "YES" !!

Even the "once" powerful APFA members, "quaked in their boots", so as to keep their "job".

It''s becoming crystal clear, with every passing day, that we WILL lose more, than, if we had ANY BALLS, and told AA that we would meet them on the steps of the BK courthouse.

Every day, I monitor this site, and am amazed when I hear all the "OH MY GOD(s)" coming from folks, who are(VERY UNFORTUNATELY) having their lives decimated by this *SS HOLE company, AND WONDER HOW MANY OF THEM VOTED "YES" ??????????

NH/BB''s

Back