SOUTHWEST Adding BIG at PIT! Who didn't know that

I understand Norfork and Southern Corp ( www.nscorp.com ) is hiring our people out of PIT. They are interested in transportation people...people who show up to work and can actually pass a drug test. The Division manager in PIT is from ROA and knows all about the saga of U people. NS is a great company...go for it!

I'm going to miss US Airways, but not the airline we know today. The "other" US Airways will be what I miss.

Hey Prince,
Come on down to TPA. We're holding open that FT EO position for one of you PIT people to start at 8.72/hr. What do you mean the company doesnt care about you guys? :down: :blink:
Best of luck to you and the rest of the guys in PIT that are getting the boot. You could always rely on the PIT flights to come/go without major problems, unlike some other flights....

I understand Norfork and Southern Corp ( www.nscorp.com ) is hiring our people out of PIT. They are interested in transportation people...people who show up to work and can actually pass a drug test. The Division manager in PIT is from ROA and knows all about the saga of U people. NS is a great company...go for it!
I have quite a few friends and ex-coworkers that went to N.S. and most have returned to US either by coming back to PIT or going to PHL or CLT.....

From what I understand, the jobs at N.S. are not what they are cracked up to be, the hours are even more irregular and extreme then even working for US in any capacity (basically on call all the time) and they treat the people like sh*t just as US does...

So don't think the grass is that much greener over there....

Most of the guys that are still at N.S. are deperately trying to get back to US...that has to tell you something....

Hey, are the gates on the A concourse in Pittsburgh being remodeled for WN and the "two" flights they are going to add? :lol: Something tells me they are planning to add more flights quicker than they are letting on. If they were only adding two why would they be remodeling the adjacent gates to where WN is now? If Southwest IS going to add more service I'm sure they'll keep it under wraps until they are ready. It's just like US keeping all their "plans" top secret. You know how everyone out there is trying their hardest to emulate US and their brand. :lol:

Hey, are the gates on the A concourse in Pittsburgh being remodeled for WN and the "two" flights they are going to add? :lol: Something tells me they are planning to add more flights quicker than they are letting on. If they were only adding two why would they be remodeling the adjacent gates to where WN is now? If Southwest IS going to add more service I'm sure they'll keep it under wraps until they are ready. It's just like US keeping all their "plans" top secret. You know how everyone out there is trying their hardest to emulate US and their brand. :lol:
I just flew out of A this afternoon and saw all of the gates that are being remodeled. They have them roped off, the US signage is being removed and the painters were in there. Interesting as you said, all adjacent to WN's gates. I also doubt 4 new gates are being done for 2 flights. Unless they are for someone else??

If Southwest IS going to add more service I'm sure they'll keep it under wraps until they are ready.
Hey, I wish you guys all the best,

but WN keeping a "secret" agenda so no one will be the wiser?

One would think that WN would trumpet their expansion to draw attention to the new service and draw all the new business,

instead of keeping it a secret.

Remember PHL-big, huge banner on the side of the parking structure?

Are people getting hired from U?

Good Luck.

Getting hired? I work at US and not in Pittsburgh. I agree that WN would want to let people know about ANY expanded service. But with that being said, who is the airport remodeling gate space on the A concourse for? Southwest gets great utilization out of their gates as far as I know. I can't think of any other airline that would be taking these gates being remodeled on A. All I was saying is it would be quite odd for them to do this work for Southwest only adding "two" flights. We'll see I guess.

Hey, I wish you guys all the best,

but WN keeping a "secret" agenda so no one will be the wiser?

One would think that WN would trumpet their expansion to draw attention to the new service and draw all the new business,

instead of keeping it a secret.

Remember PHL-big, huge banner on the side of the parking structure?

Are people getting hired from U?

Good Luck.

I can't say what is going to happen. I recall though that even when WN announced service at PHL or PIT, it did not announce destinations from either until about three months before service was to begin. I think WN does keep things close to the vest to avoid competitors from getting the jump on them

ohhh i wont be able to sleep tonight and im sure the millions of travelers around the world are feeling the same... i just cant stop thinking about WN and their wisdom.. like its 2007 NOBODY RUNS FROM WN ANYMORE.... when will some folks understand that. granted not a fan of the US CEO but he even said I DONT CARE ABOUT WN and guess what the other CEOS dont care either they dont play into it anymore. but the PHL gate thing is interesting and cant wait to see what happens with that issue. DL playing into all this im sure in ATL where its a two airline thing them and FL its not even an issue and ATL is what top 3 in the world for boardings. we have PHL i PIT... not to be confused with PIT PA. man there must be so much cash in PHL for such issues even to be addressed. we will see does DL want to manuver for possible merger with the big guy in PHL which is US or will PHL city say ok WN we need more service to MCO and deprive the city of big time expansion next year internationally... news at 11 or maybe at 6 or maybe a well you get the picture

HIGH PRICED WHAT>>>>> US has not gone after WN .. WN has always gone after US. they came after US and now compete with US 45pct our our domestic services and US is winning. US is making money and aganist the so called low cost carriers remember after the last BK2 US came out and said .. THE LARGEST LOW COST CARRIER. after 30 years of doing this if i can remember the last time i saw a CP traveling on anything but the cheapest nonrevenue ticket its been that long. you folks granted earned mileage but that was also based on your company sending you on those trips and you gained those miles but still traveled ELITE. It is a big time thing for me to work after 30 years doing this and see anyone pay full fare Y or F traveling today. that first class section you get a big seat and if you dont drink so much then its worth it but you did not PAY FOR IT. Dont tell me you are one of those GOVERMENT Employees who book their travel through SATO and then give us that frequent flyer card that you are not supposed to and getting ELITE status. the biggest mistake this company did was way back in the 1990s when they gave away mileage based on segments versus miles.. im sure you are one of them.... because there are MANY of them.. you could be living in BOSLGADCA and fly the shuttle and guess what you are elite in a month or two... man..

?????? but if that what it takes to give me back the money the employees gave back and now they will give back in Profit Sharing which is actually OUR money then YEAH great.. LCC works for US>>>> :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Back