Southwest expects gate-sharing with Delta in Dallas to be difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/southwest-expects-gate-sharing-delta-183302628.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=fb&fb_ref=Default

July 23 (Reuters) - Southwest Airlines Co expects that squeezing in extra flights at its gates at Dallas Love Field Airport will be a challenge now that a U.S. court has asked it to accommodate flights by Delta Air Lines Inc temporarily.

"It's not going to be easy," Southwest's Chief Executive Officer Gary Kelly said Thursday on a conference call with media. "It will be incumbent upon all parties to be cooperative and level-headed, but yeah, it's going to be crowded."

not sure what other parties he wants to be cooperative but DL has long said they are willing to cooperate with DAL and WN.

and it doesn't change that if the court rules that WN has to accommodate DL, WN will have to find a way. WN was the carrier that added flights in an attempt to force DL out - and it has backfired.

ps.... you missed that his message is really the first step in admitting that WN is losing the case and that DL will be at DAL and WN will have to figure out how to make it work.

You don't go from "we have no room for DL" and "these gates are ours" to "it will be tough but we can make it work if everyone plays nice" in the space of a month if WN isn't coming to the realization that DL is and will be at DAL.

• Banned
The court ruled no such thing, the judge suggested the parties workout a TEMPORARY solution till the trial(s) occur.

There you go again makes up things.

So where is the factual proof the judge ordered it and the eight extra flights you claim also?

We all know you made it up.

WorldTraveler said:
ps.... you missed that his message is really the first step in admitting that WN is losing the case and that DL will be at DAL and WN will have to figure out how to make it work.
I don't see that at all.

What I do see is a simple (and IMO accurate) statement that gate sharing can be messy, and that all parties will need to stay out in front of things in order for it to work.

Anyone that has spent even a minute doing gate plotting is likely nodding in agreement right now...

it's posted in the DMN and the link has been posted here multiple times.

Since you repeatedly selectively read the truth, we wouldn't expect you to admit that someone else is right.

Gary Kelly is acknowledging that DL will be at DAL and WN will have to give. He never acknowledged WN would do anything to accommodate DL until he spoke with a judge who clearly told WN that it was flat out wrong in its statements that WN couldn't find space and didn't need to.

Given that WN said a month ago that DL would not be at DAL and WN would not share space, GK's statement above is a huge about face.

DL played by the rules and will be using WN's space at DAL. No one is arguing that gate sharing is difficult.

The difficulty that WN is facing is one created by its own refusal to acknowledge that DL had and has a right to be at DAL. It is now WN's problem to fix the gate overbooking problem by adjusting its own schedules.

Gary Kelly has now acknowledged that WN will have to accommodate DL.

• Banned
Wrong it was never in the DMN, I posted all the articles before.

When will you admit you fabricated it?

you didn't read them then.

the DMN specifically noted that DL was given the right to add further flights.

when will you admit that someone else is right? I'm not holding my breath

• Banned
No it was not, it said DL asked for eight more flights and neither WN, the Courts or COD has responded.

Your lying again, I have posted the articles numerous times to back my posts, you have posted nothing.
So post it or admit you lied again!

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/20150624-truce-lets-delta-keep-flying-out-of-love-field-till-court-fight-is-settled.ece

The compromise leaves open Deltas request to begin operating eight more flights beginning Aug. 15, with two each to Minneapolis-St. Paul, Detroit and Salt Lake City, and two more to its Atlanta hub.

Southwest Airlines Co. has agreed to let Delta Air Lines keep operating temporarily out of a Dallas Love Field gate, averting a July 7 showdown that could have had Southwest blocking Delta from the airport.

Delta is pleased that Southwest has agreed to continue accommodating the five flights Delta currently operates at Love Field while the airlines pursue a long-term resolution in the courts, Delta spokeswoman Kate D. Modolo said Wednesday.

There you go now admit you lied.

The latest news and still no mention of the eight flights you claim,

And the compromise gives DL till Sept 30th or when the judge decides:

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/20150720-delta-to-keep-using-love-field-gates-until-sept.-30-or-judge-decides.ece

Who cares?

Just because they might have the right to, doesn't mean they will (or even should)...

DL will stay right at what it is currently at until this winds through the court system.

• Banned
WorldTraveler said:
DL still has the right to add more flights.
No it does not my god you can't be that ignorant.

Post it if they do.

You have mental issues.

again the problem with this board is that there are people who cannot engage in a conversation without attacking someone else and those people are not sent far away until they learn how to engage in respectful conversation.

DL HAS THE RIGHT TO ADD FLIGHTS and that right has not been removed.

Kevin is very likely right that DL will not add those flights until it is clear that they can retain them for the long-term. I have said the same thing.

I am also certain that DL has ensured that it retains the right to add those flights when a final ruling is made.

and yes DL will add flights to its other hubs when the legal issues are resolved in an operation very similar to what DL has at MDW, an airport where no other legacy carriers operate.

DL IS cooperating. They could tell DAL that they are adding 8 more flights RIGHT NOW and DAL would have no choice but to accommodate them.

WN was flat out wrong about its right to not accommodate DL and as much as 700 feels a need to once again try to argue something about which he has no knowledge just to prove me wrong, it is clear that WN did a complete capitulation and will remain at DAL no matter now inconvenient it is for WN.

It is most significant that the WN employees/supporters do not even participate in this discussion any longer.

This thread should be closed and all topics related to it be consolidated in one location. Multiple topics just provide a larger venue for some to try to prove they are wrong when it is clear they have been wrong on the case at every step of the process.

• Banned
Are you that obtuse?

DL doesn't have the right and I proved it, stop with the misinformation already.

DL does not only have the right to retain its current schedule at DAL but to add further flights.

it is GUARANTEED by the DOT's airport access regulations and those rights were not removed.

The case will prove that what I have said all along is true and you, WN, and scores of others on here are wrong.

WN is the one that is accommodating DL and will have to figure out how to make its schedule work.

His plea for others to cooperate is nothing but an admission that DL will be at DAL and WN has to figure out how to make DL's presence work.

• Banned
Provide proof I have otherwise just stop.

You have ruined another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back