Southwest lies about times!

Luv2, you stated that no level of concessions would have saved legacies from Ch 11. I think that statement is patently false.

DAL, post 9-11 was in the best position of all the legacies. CAL didn't file. AA didn't file.

DALPA, OTOH, had just negotiated industry-leading, but now unsupportable, wages AND a scope clause that ensured further losses. You slow-leaked Delta into Ch 11. Non-union work groups had concessions imposed.

Who is ignorant? You collidge kidz who are supposed to be smart. You guys did a really nice job.

Well lets see here. DL had run up over 20 billion dollars in debt. Michelle Burns (CFO) leveraged all of DL's assets shortly after 9-11 and did so carelessly.
Now, regarding scope, Dl's scope clause was the most liberal in the industry. I find your statement peculiar in that it appears you believe that increased RJ flying would have somehow improved performance. It has been estimated that RJ CASM's are over 15 cents per seat mile. Explain to me exactly how our scope was restrictive, and then explain how it insured further losses.
It is obvious to this "collidge kid" you need to get a clue. Keep drinking your Southwest coolaid. Your going to need it to help wash down that dose of reality your pilot group believes it is impervious to.

Luv2, believe what you want. Your statement re scope is just plain ignorant. You didn't mention being the highest paid while losing billions. Wonder why.

I don't know anyone at SWA who thinks that we're bullet-proof. Hopefully we learned from your mistakes.

BTW a company's first duty is to the shareholders, hence the extreme reluctance to declare Ch 11. In DAL's case, they waited too long. DAL has nothing left in equity.

DAL (and others) can negotiate a successful emergence from bankruptcy provided they produce a positive cash flow from operations. I hope they do. However, given the change to BK laws, DAL won't be able to survive another trauma (MANPAD, oil spike, etc.)

Back