Southwest Mech's AMFA contract.

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I'm reading that WN management is intimidating it's mechanics into working huge amounts of forced overtime.
So a question please.
Per your contract, HOW many hours of Overtime can Management make you work in a 5 day workweek ?
Or perhaps, in a 10 day work week(providing you have to work 10 out of 14 days) ??
Thanx in advance !

I'm reading that WN management is intimidating it's mechanics into working huge amounts of forced overtime.
So a question please.
Per your contract, HOW many hours of Overtime can Management make you work in a 5 day workweek ?
Or perhaps, in a 10 day work week(providing you have to work 10 out of 14 days) ??
Thanx in advance !
They don't make people come in on their off days. If they mandatory you it would be for 4 hours over or 8 hours. If you are already on a trade , and you volunteer to stay then you would time out after 24 hours and go home. They would pay you eight hours rest. Anything over 12 hours when you are working overtime becomes paid at double time.

So a question please.
Thanx in advance !

Well you are hearing fake news. WN is not calling any overtime let alone forcing mech to work OT to get the aircraft back in service.

Well you are hearing fake news. WN is not calling any overtime let alone forcing mech to work OT to get the aircraft back in service.
Not only are they not calling o/t for the increased out of service a/c, nowhere in the system are they using mandatory or forced o/t. Which is really weird with the SOE being in affect. The SOE and the co's actions while in SOE just doesn't add up to me, but what do I know, I'm just a peon working on the floor...

Yes and they wouldn't even let a mechanic cancel a vacation day to be able to work...all hands on deck and they wouldn't even let someone cancel a vacation to be on deck. Wtf??

Yes and they wouldn't even let a mechanic cancel a vacation day to be able to work...all hands on deck and they wouldn't even let someone cancel a vacation to be on deck. Wtf??

Some airplanes have sat all day without being touched, no overtime called. Plenty of people in the book waiting to be called..........

Some airplanes have sat all day without being touched, no overtime called. Plenty of people in the book waiting to be called..........

It sounds to me as if Management is trying to win a Public Opinion sympathy campaign using you guys as the scapegoat for their problems?

And these actions will only help the union's arguments in court right along with the legit write-ups. All those placards and arm rest etc. were not the reasons why the a/c got grounded.
Right now it's just a game (once again) being played to win the flying publics side to be on theirs. Although extremely early, I would be willing to bet this latest suit by the co. will be dropped by the co. at a later date before ever stepping foot in the courtrooms together. but yet again, what do I know, I'm just a peon...