Star Alliance....any Updates?

Has anyone heard where we stand in joining the Star Alliance. We recently began selling seats on JK codeshare flights but we cannot do awards yet. LH codeshare has been selling for some time. We had a date to start LH award bookings and when the day arrived we were told it was on hold indefinately.

Is our joining the Star Alliance still on track? I have not seen any updates or news releases on it. Does anyone know why we still cannot book awards on Lufthansa? Are we just going to add 15 award partners overnight some day in August?

CynicalResAgent said:
Has anyone heard where we stand in joining the Star Alliance. We recently began selling seats on JK codeshare flights but we cannot do awards yet. LH codeshare has been selling for some time. We had a date to start LH award bookings and when the day arrived we were told it was on hold indefinately.

Is our joining the Star Alliance still on track? I have not seen any updates or news releases on it. Does anyone know why we still cannot book awards on Lufthansa? Are we just going to add 15 award partners overnight some day in August?
I recently took a Lufthansa flitght to Hamburg. According to their inflight magazine, US Airways will be joing StarAlliance in April 2004.

Hope that helps :)

TheWatcher said:
According to their inflight magazine, US Airways will be joing StarAlliance in April 2004.
Never forget, thats the DEATH STAR ALLIANCE. All it does is codeshare your flying to a lower labor cost carrier. Hence the need for less USAirways jobs. It is nothing to look forward to.

Denver, CO

Back