Stay far far away from the teamsters

Very misleading

WN - work was farmed out from day one. IBT never gave anything up as you say. AMFA did however allow 4 lines to be outsourced to El Salvador without a fight.

Are you saying that they allowed work at WN that was in house to be outsourced overseas? Thats how it sounds. Who is being misleading here? From what I read they allowed a limited amount of work that was already outsourced to be sent overseas in exchange for better wages and more work brought in house, whereas we just voted to allow work that was done in house, at bottom of the industry wages to be outsourced anywhere they feel like, no limits whatsoever as to where they send the work. They could send 100% of our outsourced work overseas. Why does it matter? Because if they are limited to domestic outsourcing then the guys at the airlines are competing with domestic workers instead of usually much lower paid foreign workers.

So over at WN it was a bit of a wash, they got pay increases which brought their pay to over $10/hr more than ours and more work in house in exchange for allowing some domestically outsourced work to be outsourced overseas.

That language, limiting outsourcing to domestic MROs is what drove the return of NB work at CAL and UAL that you mentioned. What was happening is that there wasnt enough cost savings outsourcing the work domestically so they started bringing work back in house, however we failed to get such language, so our guys in Tulsa wont be competeing with Mobile AL, they will be competeing with El Salvador. Another point you failed to mention when you were selling this deal to our brothers and sisters in Tulsa.

Very misleading

WN - work was farmed out from day one. IBT never gave anything up as you say. AMFA did however allow 4 lines to be outsourced to El Salvador without a fight.

UPS - again never had heavy overhaul

CAL - farmed everything out back in 1983 and then CAL farmed everything out before the IBT. The IBT actually was involved in bringing all 737 and now 757 work back in house.

UAL - IBT came in after all the airframe work was farmed out, much if it on AMFA's watch.

Frontier - BK is a b&%ch ain't it? NW and UA found that out. Now we will too.

Horizon is a sad story.

AMFA lost 90% of their members in less than a decade. With AMFA you will have nothing.

Thats right boys be careful for you could end up like those poor wretched souls over at Southwest Airlines earning $46/hr, with a great 401K, Holidays, sick time, yes indeed they sure ended up with a whole lot of nothing!

If they have nothing what do mechanics at AA have?

I DO know the facts there ace.... I wkd there 88-92.
And during my tenure at CO (esp in 88-90)they did hvys on DC9/MD80s in HOU clear up to when they retired them, as well as 72s in ELP, and 73s & 72s in DEN before pulling the plug.
YOU are the one that stated "they outsourced everything before the Reamsters was present". Which is not true. Period. I don't care what the damn article states, I was there.

Overspeed wrote the report. Now he tries to use it to prove his case. Funny.

Then AW&ST is wrong. They list all airframe work as done by CO. Only wide bodies are done outside. I believe AW&ST before you bro.

They list all airframe overhaul as done by CO. HMV is listed as done by HAECO on the 767 & 777.

We all know that reporters are never wrong , right? Why believe someone who was there when you can believe what a reporter wrote? :blush: :blush: :blush:

Reactions: 1 person
You have some deep issues Craig.

You belong to a skilled craft and are a shop rep. for a craft union yet you wish for industrial union representation?

Sad.

I'm 99.9% sure he is not a shop rep. And if he is at least he can be removed from his position by the membership for such actions he just pulled. With 57 post and this person has been idle for some time now, he's just summoned out by the teamsters and/or TWU to help with the desperation they are experiencing right now, and it will only get worse from here on out.

Ken, sorry no deep issues. just don't believe AMFA is a good choice for the guys at American.
SWAMT. My name is Craig Steiner i'm with local 14, line maint. On days in SEA. You should start the drive to have me removed. Contact local 14 and start the ball. Look at my posts I don't believe I''ve tried to sway anyone to any other union.so no summons from any union. Sorry.

Ken, sorry no deep issues. just don't believe AMFA is a good choice for the guys at American.
SWAMT. My name is Craig Steiner i'm with local 14, line maint. On days in SEA. You should start the drive to have me removed. Contact local 14 and start the ball. Look at my posts I don't believe I''ve tried to sway anyone to any other union.so no summons from any union. Sorry.
I have more important issues on my plate, however, I would be corrious to why you don't think AMFA would be good for the AA mechs.?

Are you for real? What kind of self loathing AMT does it take - especially at a class II station, to make a comment like this? Yeah, I think Ken is on to something. With a comment like that; it's clear, you should seek help.

If he is a AMT then he must have a personal issue with AMFA. No AMT in his right mind would want to stay with the TWU or any other industrial union.

Latest posts