Stl Makes The News

F/Oaa

Jul 12, 2003
Yesterday the 13th it was anounced that STL lost the most flights in a US airport due to AA's decision to cut over 200 flights.
They are now starting to notice the empty concourse's and vendors leaving.
And of course, The Jobs that have disappeared.
Just another one of AA's promise's broken to the people of TWA, the state of Missouri and to all of the now ex-AA employees.
Like the baseball hats that AA gave us when they made their promise" TWO GREAT AIRLINES, ONE GREAT FUTURE!!!
But whose Future,
Thank God I have found another Job and can support my family, but my wishes to all of the rest EX-AA employees Good Luck and keep your chin up!
Like they say " When one door close's , one door open's.

American Airlines doesn't owe anybody anything. American, like United and USAirways, was impacted the most from September 11. Significant major events occurred which caused the economy to tank, business travel to plummet, not to mention an onslaught of low-fare, low-cost competition. If TWA had still been operating independently throughout these tough times, they surely would not have continued as a going concern. Give it up TWA people. #### happens. Time to to pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off, and move on. Blaming American Airlines and its unions serves no purpose. No one could have predicted the damage that has been inflicted upon the legacy carriers over the past three years. Take responsibility for your lives and stop the finger pointing. I have grown weary and exhausted from all of the "woe is me...American has ruined my life" postings. Go back to school, acquire some skills, and take responsiblity for your lives. It is dangerous thinking to assume that a company will take care of you until retirement. Those times are over....

Signed,

Someone who does not work for American.

JAMAKE1 said:
American Airlines doesn't owe anybody anything. American, like United and USAirways, was impacted the most from September 11. Significant major events occurred which caused the economy to tank, business travel to plummet, not to mention an onslaught of low-fare, low-cost competition. If TWA had still been operating independently throughout these tough times, they surely would not have continued as a going concern. Give it up TWA people. #### happens. Time to to pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off, and move on. Blaming American Airlines and its unions serves no purpose. No one could have predicted the damage that has been inflicted upon the legacy carriers over the past three years. Take responsibility for your lives and stop the finger pointing. I have grown weary and exhausted from all of the "woe is me...American has ruined my life" postings. Go back to school, acquire some skills, and take responsiblity for your lives. It is dangerous thinking to assume that a company will take care of you until retirement. Those times are over....

Signed,

If your not an employee - what gives you the authority on what was promise to the TWA people.

Nobody will challange that in the beginning we were all promised a brighter future when the purchase of TWA was announced. I think the poster just feels that the cicumstances following the purchase out weighed any so called promises that were made at that time.

jsn25911 said:
JAMAKE1 said:

Signed,

If your not an employee - what gives you the authority on what was promise to the TWA people.
Do only employees have the right to an opinion? Why does everyone that does not agree with your philosophy get rebuffed personally?
If you don't agree with the posters opinion debate it and move on.

latreal said:
jsn25911 said:
JAMAKE1 said:

Signed,

Do only employees have the right to an opinion? Why does everyone that does not agree with your philosophy get rebuffed personally?
If you don't agree with the posters opinion debate it and move on.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion. But to state things as if they are fact and tell people to get on with their life.

I say to let us wait until COURT - then let the winner say "GET OVER IT".

Is it at all possible that we could refrain just once from starting a long thread of nothing but useless sniping back and forth? Please, you ALL sound like 3rd graders on the playground trying to win by shouting that the other side eats MORE boogers.

The matter will, in fact, be settled in the courts. And, no one here is going to make their version of the "facts" the official version by repeating it ad nauseum. We've all beaten this horse to death. Let it lie in peace.

Instead, just sit back and think of the profound pleasure you will get from saying, "I told you so" when your side wins--whoever you are and whichever side you are own.

jimntx said:
Is it at all possible that we could refrain just once from starting a long thread of nothing but useless sniping back and forth? Please, you ALL sound like 3rd graders on the playground trying to win by shouting that the other side eats MORE boogers.

The matter will, in fact, be settled in the courts. And, no one here is going to make their version of the "facts" the official version by repeating it ad nauseum. We've all beaten this horse to death. Let it lie in peace.

Instead, just sit back and think of the profound pleasure you will get from saying, "I told you so" when your side wins--whoever you are and whichever side you are own.
Jim - I LUV YOU! You have a great sense of humor. I promise not to brag about my boogers! (is that how it is spelled?) Anyway, you made me giggle again! Thanks.

jsn25911 said:
[Jim - I LUV YOU! You have a great sense of humor. I promise not to brag about my boogers! (is that how it is spelled?) Anyway, you made me giggle again! Thanks.
Yes, I believe that is the correct spelling for something taken from the nostrils. Bugger [originally from the Bulgarian (swear to god that's what the dictionary says)] is pronounced with a short U with the first syllable sounding like bug, as in roach. And, it means something entirely different.

Thank you for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts.

Yes, stop beating a dead horse?
So stop using Sep 11 for an excuse.
Thats all we hear from Native AA ers.

I have gotten on with my life.
I pretty much knew it was over when AA dumped us TWA people.
I've got a new Job, I all I was doing is wishing the other Ex-TWA ers
in getting on with their lives.

Two Great Airlines
One Great Future.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :lol:

F/Oaa said:
Yes, stop beating a dead horse?
So stop using Sep 11 for an excuse.
Thats all we hear from Native AA ers.

I have gotten on with my life.
I pretty much knew it was over when AA dumped us TWA people.
I've got a new Job, I all I was doing is wishing the other Ex-TWA ers
in getting on with their lives.

Two Great Airlines
One Great Future.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :lol:
Thanks F/O aa

I am going to school, however, very hopeful for the final outcome.

Good luck with your new job - Wish you the best.

Back