Strike/chaos Ballots

USA320,

AND THIS IS WHERE YOU WENT WRONG...

The proposals are improving and the company is now addressing the critical issues of labor!!!
I should know, shouldn't I?

PitBull:

Did the company increase its AFA "ask" from $113 to $150 million per year? Can a deal be obtained lower than $150 million per year? Maybe, but without a consensual agreement soon expect the company to ask the judge for deeper cuts.

There is nobody who wants to see labor get the best deal possible more than me, which should be a requirment of a negotiator or a MEC chairman elect. In regard to the AFA, CWA, and IAM, I hope they obtain the best deal they can.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

PITbull said:
USA320,

You need to ask..... WHO CARES????????

Please read the "signature" real, real slow.
[post="204224"][/post]​
PUTBULL...give it a break! You have no clue whatsoever! You can post your "leninist-marxist" BS on here whenever you want. Most of us with a level head understand what is going on in our industry. It is dire. I just finished flying 2 trips to Europe....NOT ONE..FA believed CHAOS was right......yeah....lets take all the BK airlines with AFA and have them perform a strike action. "You all were nuttuy...Im just quoting fellow co-workers!

I think Pitbull will get a big surprise when the only people voting for a "strike" will be her fellow pitsburghites...... This is crazy at best, and doesnt do anything but waste "MY" union dues..... OOur afa leadership is way out of touch with thier base. Theres alot of talking but lets see who walks..

USA320Pilot said:
Earlier this month I told readers on this forum that US Airways would obtain bankruptcy financing in the not-so-distant future that would require labor cost cuts.
Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="204231"][/post]​

That is not DIP/bankruptcy financing, the DIP financing is the employee paycuts.

Please show me where it bankruptcy financing.

US Airways Group Inc. said Friday it has reached agreement with General Electric Co. on aircraft leasing and financing terms that will help the airline lower costs and reduce debt as it seeks to avoid liquidation. The airline will also have to do more cost-cutting on its own.

The deal will provide the Arlington, Va.-based airline, now operating under bankruptcy protection, with $140 million in short-term liquidity and the deferral of aircraft debt and lease payments due over the next six months.

The agreement was filed Friday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Alexandria, Va. If approved, it is expected to provide the airline with more than $80 million in annual cash savings and aircraft-ownership and engine-maintenance costs.

In exchange for GE's commitments, US Airways said it would issue a 15-year convertible note for between $125 million and $216 million -- depending on future lease options chosen by US Airways -- to GE's capital aviation unit when it emerges from bankruptcy.

DIP/bankruptcy financing is paid back when Bankruptcy is ended.

usfliboi said:
I think Pitbull will get a big surprise when the only people voting for a "strike" will be her fellow pitsburghites...... This is crazy at best, and doesnt do anything but waste "MY" union dues..... OOur afa leadership is way out of touch with thier base. Theres alot of talking but lets see who walks..
[post="204246"][/post]​
If history were full of your kind there would SS Men wearing black uniforms with a skeleton's head on their hats, the motto Unsere Ehre heisst Treue on their belts and the symbol the double S-rune would be everywhere.

You are a little boy in a man's world, kid___Curt

MarkMyWords said:
First....

But, if you were GE, would you just offer up these concessions on your companies behalf, without needing US to have a business plan and costs that make it profitable.

Yes if I were GE and I had 3 BILLION DOLLARS at stake I would lend them the money...Makeing labor pay for it is a mistake and GE will lose in the end.....

mark my words.......

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
PUTBULL...give it a break! You have no clue whatsoever! You can post your "leninist-marxist" BS on here whenever you want. Most of us with a level head understand what is going on in our industry. It is dire. I just finished flying 2 trips to Europe....NOT ONE..FA believed CHAOS was right......yeah....lets take all the BK airlines with AFA and have them perform a strike action. "You all were nuttuy...Im just quoting fellow co-workers!
[post="204235"][/post]​
Your level head will be singing a different tune if the company continues its shredding of traditional contract protection based on seniority. You watch, they will guarantee you a job, but not what kind of flying you do based on seniority. It has already happened in other work groups so don't think that it can't happen to flight crews. Maybe then you will understand that USAir has other choices in how it "Right Sizes Itself". Come on do you really think that it helps USAir's future for the employees to be so pissed off?

I just finished flying 2 trips to Europe....NOT ONE..FA believed CHAOS was right......yeah....lets take all the BK airlines with AFA and have them perform a strike action. "You all were nuttuy...Im just quoting fellow co-workers!
[post="204235"][/post]​

Buy you know the funny thing about people is this. They will say one thing when they are in a discussion with each other. When they are alone in the "voting booth" so to speak, they can surprise you. You might want to remember that. It is funny how a denied FMLA claim for a parent with a terminal illness or other issues that happen while at USAirways can make a person change their minds.

USA320Pilot said:
PitBull:

Did the company increase its AFA "ask" from $113 to $150 million per year? Can a deal be obtained lower than $150 million per year? Maybe, but without a consensual agreement soon expect the company to ask the judge for deeper cuts.

There is nobody who wants to see labor get the best deal possible more than me, which should be a requirment of a negotiator or a MEC chairman elect. In regard to the AFA, CWA, and IAM, I hope they obtain the best deal they can.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="204234"][/post]​

You are not correct. The "ask" increased because the pension went from frozen ($116m) to terminated pension ($150m)

[post="204235"][/post]​

Hey "funny man",

You need to wake up and know that all who are "in the know" understand this management's idealogy of "Corporatism"...thier educated school of Hard Knox Economic Fascism we all know about. They are shoving these prinicples down your throat and your mouth is WIDE OPEN!!!

Its you who needs an education. You are being dooped and cattled into the same car as the leaders of the 30's Mussolini and Hitler where the "state" was more important than the "idividual".

I WON'T SUBSCRIBE, FRIEND.

USfliboy,
I'm in Philly and i'm voting for it as well as many other colleagues of mine in the Philly base that i have flown with are. Just because the Pilot Group is spineless, the F/A Group however is not!

CHAOS!!!!CHAOS!!!!CHAOS!!!! :up:

As soon as the AFA strike vote is completed (and I assume it will be quite a bit in favor of a strike,) I predict the company will call back as many FA's from furlough as they can get.

Then, when CHAOS starts, those FA's who refuse (legally) to fly, will be told that their jobs have been eliminated and they can expect to get rehired when a job opening comes available.

This will last for a few weeks, and when the rank-and-file see their CHAOS number come up and realize that their mini-strike means that now THEY are on indefinite furlough (without, mind you, any unemployment compensation (it's not payable when you strike,)) they will soon start thinking twice about particpating.

I don't think CHAOS is as viable plan as the F/A's think it is. When the strikers find themselves out of work (out of seniority,) they will begin to balk on an individual basis. In effect they will ask themselves: "Why should I lose my job indefinitely with my 20 years while 5 year FA's get to keep working?"

And this is legal for the company to do. If you strike, the company can legally eliminate your job either temporarily or permanently. Just ask the Continental FA's who struck back in the late '80's (or early '90's.) They were out of work for years because the company had no obligation to take them back when the strike was called off. The only thing the company was obliged to do was to offer them their jobs back in seniority WHEN the company again began to hire FA's.

CHAOS will play into the company's divide-and-conquer tactics. A flat-out system wide strike would be much more effective, IMHO.

If the company pulls a "replacement" we will battle them in court

AND SHUT THIS BABY DOWN!!!!!

We will picket the hell out of them where THEY WON"T HAVE A PAX LEFT ON THE PLANET!

And the only thing left for you to fly....is a kite! :up:

Back