Summer timetable...new services/service changes

Yikes. Don't forget to do your "air-obics." :lol:

:up:

Probably smarter idea than mine, but I'll probably try to muscle my way into a row of five at the rear of coach, stretch out, and, with the help of some Ambien, wake up when we begin our descent into PVG. :D

:up:

Probably smarter idea than mine, but I'll probably try to muscle my way into a row of five at the rear of coach, stretch out, and, with the help of some Ambien, wake up when we begin our descent into PVG. :D

You're not going to enjoy the delicious coach meals and fabulous IFE en route to PVG? <_<

Nothing major, but the updated schedule on AA.com shows a 10th CMH-ORD flight, though one of the aircraft on the route gets downgraded from a CR7 to an ER4. Also, all BOS flights and most LGA flights go to ERDs from ER3s for some reason. All in all, 27 flights from CMH, starting in April:

10x ORD: 1 CR7, 8 ER4, 1 ERD
6x LGA: 4x ERD, 2x ER3
5x DFW: 3x M80, 2x ER4
3x STL: 3x ERD
2x BOS: 2x ERD
1x MIA: 1x ERD

Bears, you've got to let your hero worship of Crandall go.... He was a great man, but he left the building a looooong time ago.

Arpey has as much in common with Crandall as Brett Favre has in common with Bart Starr: they both played the same position for the same team on the sacred ground known as Lambeau Field. And while they might throw the same style ball in the same stadium (albeit one with skyboxes now), the game is a lot different now, and so is the playbook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"NEVER I SAY,........NEVER" :shock: :shock: :shock:

E, can you say with certainty that GA and RLC Don't "communicate" ?????

AA "made" CRANDALL, and(equally) Visa..versa !

Things like that DO NOT dissapate over Night !!

If I recall correctly, Once Carty "shot himself in the foot", DAN(the PARTY man) GARTON, was a 1-5 Favorite to succeed DC.

I was a "lone Voice" on here that predicted GA would get the "nod"

What does this have to do with the price of tea, in China ?

Arpey was/is a CRANDALL protege'

NH/BB's

ps,
E, I think that those "Ream Jobs" you undoubtedly took from "FANG" have led you to be a bit unflattering :rolleyes:

AA will soon be seeking government approval to begin service to Cartagena, Colombia and Pereira, Colombia. 3x weekly to CTG/4x to PEI with 738s. No start date mentioned.

AA will soon be seeking government approval to begin service to Cartagena, Colombia and Pereira, Colombia. 3x weekly to CTG/4x to PEI with 738s. No start date mentioned.
Any word on a return to BAQ?

Since I came into this world in Barranquilla perhaps I'm Biased, but given the history of USA airlines in BAQ staring with Pan Am then Eastern and finally AA until 2002, I can atest the big market on the Colombian coast is in BAQ. The airport in Cartagena ia a pit with a slum built up to the sides of the runway, There are no taxi way in Cartagena. If there is ever an emergency there more local residents are going to die then the passenger of one of Avinaca's MD-83 flying into Cartagena. One side is the ocean, I know this because I've seen it with my own 2 eyes. Does AA operate to any airport with no taxi way? Well yes in LA Romana the Domincan Republic, I flew to Casa de Campo on AA in 2002.

I hope the Colombian governemnt stops the price gouging of Avianca from BAQ to Miami, last time I went its was $800, it cheap at $400. AA is the only way I see competition from Miami to Colombia. No other USA airline has an interest in flying that market. The Colombian Government has been very good at letting non Miami service in from other parts of the USA. Delta flies Atlanta-Bogota, Cal flies Houston - Cali and Bogota & Newark to Bogota too. I wish AA all the best and look forward to flying on the first 738 back to BAQ.

Any word on a return to BAQ?

Doesn't look to be in the short term plans. CTG/PEI will hopefully start by December. Cartagena is exempt from the strict US-Colombia bilatteral.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"NEVER I SAY,........NEVER" :shock: :shock: :shock:

E, can you say with certainty that GA and RLC Don't "communicate" ?????

AA "made" CRANDALL, and(equally) Visa..versa !

Things like that DO NOT dissapate over Night !!

If I recall correctly, Once Carty "shot himself in the foot", DAN(the PARTY man) GARTON, was a 1-5 Favorite to succeed DC.

I was a "lone Voice" on here that predicted GA would get the "nod"

What does this have to do with the price of tea, in China ?

Arpey was/is a CRANDALL protege'

NH/BB's

ps,
E, I think that those "Ream Jobs" you undoubtedly took from "FANG" have led you to be a bit unflattering :rolleyes:

Is this English?

Huh? I can honestly say that I never was on the receiving end of the Wrath of Bob, and have nothing but the utmost respect for the man. I've still got an entire folder of documents with his notes written on them, if for no other reason so future generations of HDQ folks can have some understanding of what "margin notes" were. It's a time past that I miss -- you could immediately interpret his or someone else's mood just by the length and direction of the handwritten notes, which is something you just can't do as easily by reading an email chain...

But that's way off topic.

Glad to see we're adding more RJ's in/out of JFK.

Huh? I can honestly say that I never was on the receiving end of the Wrath of Bob, and have nothing but the utmost respect for the man. I've still got an entire folder of documents with his notes written on them, if for no other reason so future generations of HDQ folks can have some understanding of what "margin notes" were. It's a time past that I miss -- you could immediately interpret his or someone else's mood just by the length and direction of the handwritten notes, which is something you just can't do as easily by reading an email chain...

But that's way off topic.

Glad to see we're adding more RJ's in/out of JFK.

=========================================================

Well E, I can understand how you'd "look back favorably" over the experience. If a lot of us active/former/retired AAers are honest with ourselves, at the VERY least we'd have to say, "HE was one SON OF A BI*CH,
BUT
HE WAS "OUR" SON OF A BI*CH" !!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Since I came into this world in Barranquilla perhaps I'm Biased, but given the history of USA airlines in BAQ staring with Pan Am then Eastern and finally AA until 2002, I can atest the big market on the Colombian coast is in BAQ. The airport in Cartagena ia a pit with a slum built up to the sides of the runway, There are no taxi way in Cartagena. If there is ever an emergency there more local residents are going to die then the passenger of one of Avinaca's MD-83 flying into Cartagena. One side is the ocean, I know this because I've seen it with my own 2 eyes. Does AA operate to any airport with no taxi way? Well yes in LA Romana the Domincan Republic, I flew to Casa de Campo on AA in 2002.

I hope the Colombian governemnt stops the price gouging of Avianca from BAQ to Miami, last time I went its was $800, it cheap at $400. AA is the only way I see competition from Miami to Colombia. No other USA airline has an interest in flying that market. The Colombian Government has been very good at letting non Miami service in from other parts of the USA. Delta flies Atlanta-Bogota, Cal flies Houston - Cali and Bogota & Newark to Bogota too. I wish AA all the best and look forward to flying on the first 738 back to BAQ.

==========================================================
JFK777,
With regard to AA/Taxiway"less" airports,
I'm Going to say that the LAST time I was in Saint Martin(SXM), that they were taxiway"less"

NH/BB's

Nothing major, but the updated schedule on AA.com shows a 10th CMH-ORD flight, though one of the aircraft on the route gets downgraded from a CR7 to an ER4. Also, all BOS flights and most LGA flights go to ERDs from ER3s for some reason. All in all, 27 flights from CMH, starting in April:

10x ORD: 1 CR7, 8 ER4, 1 ERD
6x LGA: 4x ERD, 2x ER3
5x DFW: 3x M80, 2x ER4
3x STL: 3x ERD
2x BOS: 2x ERD
1x MIA: 1x ERD

Actually CMH-ORD goes to 11x

St. Louis-Sarasota suspended 30Apr06
Miami-Dayton suspended 05May06.

Dayton becomes the first MIA route suspended in more than four years.

CLT-MIA being downgraded to Eagle RJ's. Assuming 4/3, but hadn't heard the date.

Back