SWA already expanding MSP

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
Southwest Airlines adds Minneapolis-Denver flights

Southwest Airlines just arrived in Minneapolis last month and it's already adding flights to Denver.

Southwest said on Wednesday it's adding three flights a day to Denver beginning May 26.

Southwest started small in Minnesota on March 8, with eight flights a day to Chicago Midway, a route long dominated by Northwest Airlines out of its Minneapolis hub, as well as AMR Corp.'s American Airlines and UAL Corp.'s United Airlines. Both American and United have Chicago hubs.

full story here

Southwest Airlines adds Minneapolis-Denver flights

Southwest Airlines just arrived in Minneapolis last month and it's already adding flights to Denver.

Southwest said on Wednesday it's adding three flights a day to Denver beginning May 26.

Southwest started small in Minnesota on March 8, with eight flights a day to Chicago Midway, a route long dominated by Northwest Airlines out of its Minneapolis hub, as well as AMR Corp.'s American Airlines and UAL Corp.'s United Airlines. Both American and United have Chicago hubs.

full story here
While I agree that adding anything out of MSP coul be percieved as "something" against DL, I see this as more ammo against Frontier.

I'm interested to see NW/DL's response to this announcement.

The "old" NW would already have on-the-hour MSP-DEN A330 flights available for booking.... :lol:

Back