SWA applies for DCAHOU

gizmo_sc

Veteran
Mar 19, 2006
SWA has filed an application for DCAHOU, up against US for DCA OKC and JetBlue for DCAJAX. If you would like to sign the petition for SWA click on the below linK:

http://www.redwhitehou.com/

Most viewers over on airliners.net seem to think SWA will prevail over US and JetBlue. Fares for the DCA area to HOU are extremely high and awarding it to SWA would bring down airfare for consumers. SWA had previously applied for DCAOKC but did not get it. I guess US thinks they can provide better service. JetBlue has offered to fly DCAJAX with just the feed from LGA and BOS areas but the flight stops at JAX which would be good for Navy Personnel.

Given that HOU is a separate airport which I do not believe has nonstop service from DCA, IIRC, I would think WN would have a decent shot.

WN's proposal will undoubtedly result in the greatest possible economic benefit from the slots at least of any proposal that has been put forth.

Of course, this would further result in building HOU and bringing lower fares in NE markets which will have at least some effect on UA at IAH.

I believe WN is also starting LGA-HOU service.

I would imagine both will be 738s within a fairly short period of time.

there are a lot of cities that don't have the greatest airports but there is clearly more to be made.... NYC is one of the those places in spades.

Too bad. It's not YOUR site. It is a discussion thread on a public website. Learn to deal with it. Or, is it just that you are tired of people disagreeing with your pronouncements. Because you think that LGA is a crappy airport, the discussion should be closed? Good luck with that one.

ugly airports or not, WN is expanding in the NE along w/ its ugly airports because they want to expand their revenue base - and they are succeeding at doing that.

They also find a whole lot more justification for the 738s in the congested NE airports than they otherwise would based on WN's "historic" network.

I'm not sure they care what anyone thinks as long as they meet their corporate goals.

Latest posts

Back