Thanks all!

AvTech04

Senior
Oct 17, 2011
East Coast
I just wanted to give a big thank you to all the outsiders looking in on this integration for silently giving us the support, ideas and even some good possible solutions for our current situation. You're PM's, examples and outside views and opinion are much appreciated. And a big thanks to the SWA guys who have actually taken the time to post for an attempt of a positive outcome. I can only hope that once this is all said and done, we can trust each other to have each others backs out there on the line when the time comes. I'm not afraid to post that I work in MCO and look forward to hopefully getting past this sour SLI and moving forward to breaking the ice with you guys down here. We are all going through a lot of changes right now and with that always comes the insecurities of the unknown. Some may call me pathetic or idiotic for trying to have a positive outlook and attitude in all this anguish, but it doesn't matter to me because at the end of the day, we are all A&P's and we have to be able to trust eachother in order to work together.

So, again thanks to all who have been supportive with your posts and your many PM's :)

BTW; to the MCO guys watching these forums, please feel free to come over and talk to us, hop on the airplanes, look around and maybe even just hang out in your spare time. There are of course the select few that are still sour about our current situation, but most guys are more than willing and even looking forward to break the ice and get to know our counterparts. We'll be working together eventually anyways, so let's try and not start off on the wrong foot here anymore. Please, accept our invitations.

I just wanted to give a big thank you to all the outsiders looking in on this integration for silently giving us the support, ideas and even some good possible solutions for our current situation. You're PM's, examples and outside views and opinion are much appreciated. And a big thanks to the SWA guys who have actually taken the time to post for an attempt of a positive outcome. I can only hope that once this is all said and done, we can trust each other to have each others backs out there on the line when the time comes. I'm not afraid to post that I work in MCO and look forward to hopefully getting past this sour SLI and moving forward to breaking the ice with you guys down here. We are all going through a lot of changes right now and with that always comes the insecurities of the unknown. Some may call me pathetic or idiotic for trying to have a positive outlook and attitude in all this anguish, but it doesn't matter to me because at the end of the day, we are all A&P's and we have to be able to trust eachother in order to work together.

So, again thanks to all who have been supportive with your posts and your many PM's :)

BTW; to the MCO guys watching these forums, please feel free to come over and talk to us, hop on the airplanes, look around and maybe even just hang out in your spare time. There are of course the select few that are still sour about our current situation, but most guys are more than willing and even looking forward to break the ice and get to know our counterparts. We'll be working together eventually anyways, so let's try and not start off on the wrong foot here anymore. Please, accept our invitations.

You dont speak for or represent me or a bunch of AMTs here in Atlanta. You are on you own personal crusade.

You dont speak for or represent me or a bunch of AMTs here in Atlanta. You are on you own personal crusade.

I never claimed to... We all know the disconnect between Atlanta and Orlando. I'm sure SWA has that same disconnect between Dallas and its other major MX stations. And I maybe on my own here, but someone's got to make the attempt to build bridges instead of burning all of them...

I never claimed to... We all know the disconnect between Atlanta and Orlando. I'm sure SWA has that same disconnect between Dallas and its other major MX stations. And I maybe on my own here, but someone's got to make the attempt to build bridges instead of burning all of them...

You are an awesome bridge builder, you should consider a career in the engineering field.

First of all the post from AT2006 says alot. Secondly could you please post the PM's and "silent support" you are recieving? I would love to see them, because quite frankly I agree with AT2006 and I don't believe you are getting all the "silent support" you are claming.
However, third and final note: I would like to direct your attention to the SWAlife posting of the company's announcement when the senority integration was voted down. Very easy to find, click on comments and please enjoy the reading. You will need to be prepared to spend some time on it. The mechanics at SWA has recieved hundreds of support comments not only from SWA employees but as well as from AT employees. And I mean from all over the system from office workers to flt crews and all in between. We all know we made the right decision when we get support letters like that. If any of you SWA mechanics have not read these, pls take the time to read them it will lift your spirit and helps us all get to the end of this.

The reason I was a little shocked at all the support the mechanics recieved from the SWA family, was, I really thought they were going to hammer us for rejecting the integration agreement and therefore slightly postponing an agreement with further nego or the possibility of arbitration, instead they praised us for "doing the right thing" "glad to see you guys saw the seperation this would cause within your group" and" glad to see you guys did not ler arbitration scare you guys into voting for the fist offer." And it goes on and on. Other mechanics at SWA as well as at AT can go and read for yourselves I am not making this up, were talking several hundreds of comments.
Thank you all who did post on SWAlife for showing your overwhelming support of our mechanics.

Again could you pls post your support letters? We are sharing ours with you and everybody else that has access to SWAlife. Sorry guys, but I couldn't resist. Besides, even as AT2006 has posted he too thinks it was a fishy post.

I'm sorry, but I'm not posting the PM's sent to me. That's the reason they are private messages. They have been from on lookers on this forum, mostly from other Airlines, some from AT. This thread was supposed to be a blanket statment of appreciation to all who have supported the integration process with ideas and their experiences, most of which I have reposted but have excluded names. As far as AT2006, I can assure you that he doesn't speak for the mechanics in Atlanta either. I think I know who he is and can understand why he wants AMFA back so bad, because he used to be AMFA at NWA.

I've spoken to a number of Atlanta mechanics and I have their input as to what they want to happen, or rather what they don't want to happen. I simply negated representing them on here because I don't. Honestly, I don't agree with some of the mechanics in Atlanta that I've spoken to, so I can't sit here and say I'm on the same page as them... The majority of the negotiation team is in Atlanta and that's where most of the AT side of the problem lies. But, that's just my opinion and I'm sure a lot will disagree.

I'm sorry, but I'm not posting the PM's sent to me. That's the reason they are private messages. They have been from on lookers on this forum, mostly from other Airlines, some from AT. This thread was supposed to be a blanket statment of appreciation to all who have supported the integration process with ideas and their experiences, most of which I have reposted but have excluded names. As far as AT2006, I can assure you that he doesn't speak for the mechanics in Atlanta either. I think I know who he is and can understand why he wants AMFA back so bad, because he used to be AMFA at NWA.

I've spoken to a number of Atlanta mechanics and I have their input as to what they want to happen, or rather what they don't want to happen. I simply negated representing them on here because I don't. Honestly, I don't agree with some of the mechanics in Atlanta that I've spoken to, so I can't sit here and say I'm on the same page as them... The majority of the negotiation team is in Atlanta and that's where most of the AT side of the problem lies. But, that's just my opinion and I'm sure a lot will disagree.
Ok. Thx for the info. Your last paragraph makes a lot of things come to reason and ryme.

Back