Thanks To Pns Fleet Service

9epnsrip

May 13, 2004
CHS PNS Inflight
I was standing in the Employee lot at PNS when three US Airways employees ended a life with US. I understand what they are going through. Contracting out will never Work!!! We, NW Airlink tried it in PNS, PFN and TLH last year . Today us NW Airlink employees are back. I want to thank all Fleet and Service employees for working hard to keep US running. One of those three employees told me back in 1999 "that the American dream was dead" less then a year later he got the job at Main Line US Airways. As he walked arcoss the parking lot his job ended; it was 12:01am...I hope and pray that American West will bring back REAL airline workers to all cities not just PNS and the American Dream can come True.

NWA/PNS

We went thru the same thing in ABE just one week ago. Many of the FSA's there had 20+ years with the Company. As much as I hate to say it, the jobs lost to outsourcing will never return. One must wonder if all of this Outsourcing was dictated by AWA in the first place.

When the Bushies took over in 2001, they said for us to forget about manufacturing jobs...that they could be done better and cheaper overseas. They said that we should look to technology as the future in the USA. If you remember, people were flocking to computer courses in large numbers. Then they outsourced those jobs to India, China, and the Phillipines. Bush's latest excuse is that people should educate themselves for a changing economy. Of course, he has not suggested any field/discipline/profession for anyone to get educated in. Hell, they are even reading your CT scan and X-rays in India these days.

Next move is to make the jobs that can't be outsourced--such as fleet service, ramper, gate agent--so poorly paid with so few benefits that they can justify their "foreign guest worker" legislation. You all know the argument--"those workers from Mexico are just doing jobs that Americans refuse to do."

9E is Pinnacle Aviation (Northwest Express) in the same class as Mesa. You're telling us that even Pinnacle couldn't afford its own rampers at $6.60/hr. :lol:

flyin2low said:
9E is Pinnacle Aviation (Northwest Express) in the same class as Mesa. You're telling us that even Pinnacle couldn't afford its own rampers at $6.60/hr. :lol:
[post="276869"][/post]​
Yes your Right 9e is Pinnacle Airlines. So just remember Mesa and 9E are not the bottom. Your can still contracted out Express and regional airlines. :shock:

The same thing is happening in MKE, Skyway Airlines was awarded the contract and the MKE employees were asked to stay for two weeks then they were told that Skyway didn't have the people to work their ramp, Midwest Airlines and USAirways ramp. They would have twenty poeple do the drug test and two would pass. Then they tried to back out of the contract saying thaht they didn't have the staffing. Go figure! That and $7.70 an hour is not worth standing on the ramp in MKE in the middle of winter, it wasn't worth $17.88 an hour for that matter. The Skyway employees are coming in from other stations for three week stints, then new people are coming in for three more weeks. The MKE employees have now been told they don't know when they will released. Once again great planing on the part of out company.

Back