Thanks

firstamendment

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
The other day my parents and I flew to LAX on the first flight of the day. We hit horrlble traffic that morning, was stressed when we saw the long security line and thought we may miss our flight. Well, we did the kiosk thing...nerve racking as our cards go in differently. Anyway, we got our boarding passes and got to the gate. I told the young lady I was nonreving and my folks were right behind me. She said, Are you the ?????'s, and I said yes, She said well I already have your seats. She had provided three seats together and said she would had done us better but our name popped up after assigning other seats. I was so touched I almost cried. That was the kindest jester. Our flight was a little late and I needed to get a ZED fare on AWA for LAX-PHX and her male counterpart volunteered to take care of it.

What a wonderful twosome. Now is the time to take care of our own. These two did exactly that and I never felt as proud. Infact, they treated ALL the customers with the utmost respect. The captain took responsibility and kept the crowd informed. The f/a's were funny. You could tell they were a bit put out at first for this "carpet" delay, but in true US Airways fashion, they got over it and showed how professional they were. All these guys were great. That give s me hope and makes me proud to work for US Airways. Now if our management team could see what I saw and see that our senior gruop of employees are an asset instead of a liability, then perhaps things would change.

THANKS CLT AGENTS, F/As, and PILOTS!!! Great job!!! :up: :up: :up:

BTW, went to Grand Canyon...excellent!!! :up: :up:

:up:

That's great! Whenever my family travels non-rev they are always treated like gold... the US folks are the best in the industry.

You bought a ZED fare ticket at the gate?....shame shame....

You should have had that BEFORE you got to the gate, like the day before.

The gate staff is busy enough, never mind having to take care of non revs
who are late!!!!

:angry:

I just took my parents to Ireland and we were treated like royalty!!!! Our employees are the best in the industry! Its such a shame that our company wont realize that.... :angry:

wheels said:

who are late!!!!

[post="198322"][/post]​

No shame shame about it. And we were not late. There was 40 minutes to spare. It's so nice that your day to day life has no bumps in the road. And I honor my parents by not rushing them. Don't be such a judgemental ass. You're metality is why I wrote to compliment the good apples, as opposed to rotten ones like you. PAGING EMPLOYEE BITTER PILL, PLEASE SIT ON THE BACK ROW WITH A NASTY PILLOW AND BLANKET WITH A FULL CUP OF ICE A A TINY BIT OF SODA!! Jerk!!!The gate agent volunteered on his own. I was ready to get it in LA and he said he would do it. Anyway, I'm not stupid, wheels. I would never ask a busy agent to do something like that. You didn't read the post and like many, jumped to conclusions. There was a delay and PLENTY of time to wait around so please keep your shame crap to yourself. This thread was to compliment the wonderful professionalism and helpfulness of the agents, not draw your venon. Kind of the same concept of giving you your own bottle of water on the airplane if we know you are a nonrev. Get it? Shame on YOU!!! :angry: :down:

wheels said:

who are late!!!!

[post="198322"][/post]​
YOU ARE AN A$$ to post that. Your the type of person we dont need here at US Airways.. IM sure your one of those agents that thinks they are holier than god when it comes to helping a non-rev.

I've done all kinds of ticketing for nonrevs at the gate. Now that we can do credit cards and not have to have a cash report, its easy to do, especially (and heres the kicker) if you know how to do it. It just takes a minute or two even for an international ticket as long as they arent doing an around the world ticket.

wheels said:

who are late!!!!

[post="198322"][/post]​

Thats right we all need to treat each other with a little compassion these days..
I try to treat all non revs equal... even taking the time to explain the rules of the road to someone when there not familiar with it...

my mom non-reved alot in the last few years ... some agts not so nice.. but for the most part others where nice... ( I would never treat someone parents like that)
and I don't expect someone to treat my that way...(not so nice) :down:

I as an employee of this company I expect to be treated as fairly as a paying customer and will let the agent know that .... :p (don't forget I do the same job as you)

remember we are not the enemy..... :huh:

so try to remember to treat each other with respect and compassion ..believe me what goes around comes around...

:up:

Agents seem to be the most stressed these days, heavy loads at the hubs, undestaffed,etc. Still, all should remember that our parents might not be the most savvy non-revs.

Atlantic said:
Agents seem to be the most stressed these days, heavy loads at the hubs, undestaffed,etc. Still, all should remember that our parents might not be the most savvy non-revs.
[post="198505"][/post]​

To end all this:
1. My parents did no wrong. Where did that come from?
2. I was COMPLIMENTING the agents.
3. I asked NOTHING of the agents. They did their good deeds on their own. I
would had been more than happy to get my own damn zed fare.
4. I was on time and followed policies. It ain't about me.

AND FINALLY...
IT WAS ABOUT COMPLIMENTING THE AGENTS.

You know what irritates me about all this is that I am trying to compliment superior employees and being made the bad guy. For those of you doing that or saying "can we all get alone", f### you!!! That's what p###es me off about these boards. You try to see good in something and some a##hole(S) come along with their bitter hate-filled words of venon. Funny, these are the same folks who sit their sorry a## on the airplane flashing their ID for a free drink or headset.

And as far as stressed, we are ALL stressed. An agents 21% is no less painful then a F/A's 21% is no less stressful then a mechanics...so that crap doesn't fly with me.
Thank you for showing me that I need to go a step further by doing the right thing and writing a good letter to these two people's supervisors. Some of you are impossible and need to get the hell out of this company. Take your bitterness and hatefullness elsewhere. Can you guess, I'm pissed off!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hold on First,
My post was not directed to you, just my observation about no-rev in general.
I stand by what I said about the agents. They are working more px with less help. An f/a works an a/c that is full, half full, what ever. But they are staffed to FAA regs. Yes I know, no more extras, but most flights are just a trip up the isle with the cart, or express. And yes, long haul is a bit more. But not much more.
I'm glad that your parents trip was great. I would expect nothing less. As a c/o, it makes no difference if the cabin is all rev., or all non-rev., or a mix. They all get the safest flight I can possibility fly.
Parents stick out in the boarding area. I can smell them. I introduce my self to them and chat a bit and make myself avable to them if they have a problem.
And if there's room, they sit on leather, not cloth.
But that's me.

Atlantic said:
Hold on First,
My post was not directed to you, just my observation about no-rev in general.
I stand by what I said about the agents. They are working more px with less help. An f/a works an a/c that is full, half full, what ever. But they are staffed to FAA regs. Yes I know, no more extras, but most flights are just a trip up the isle with the cart, or express. And yes, long haul is a bit more. But not much more.
I'm glad that your parents trip was great. I would expect nothing less. As a c/o, it makes no difference if the cabin is all rev., or all non-rev., or a mix. They all get the safest flight I can possibility fly.
Parents stick out in the boarding area. I can smell them. I introduce my self to them and chat a bit and make myself avable to them if they have a problem.
And if there's room, they sit on leather, not cloth.
But that's me.
[post="198539"][/post]​
Thanks Atlantic.

I believe nonrevs shud be helped whenever we can. Our pass benefits are one of the few perks we have and that isn't much. We shud treat others as we would like to be treated. Isn't there enough anxiety in this world already? ;)

Back