The Anti Union union

Every time I step in a flight deck of ANOTHER AIRLINE and jumpseat home (BTW, that is EVERY WEEK). Every time a jumpseater from another airline asks for a ride on my aircraft (oh wait...let me guess: every time another airline pilot asks for your jumpseat, he says something like: "Those AWA snots are lucky to have a job! Can I have a ride to PHL?" :lol: ). Every time a check is sent to the Leonidas group from pilots AT OTHER AIRLINES. Every time you see a post from a non-west pilot that works at OTHER AIRLINES on these and other forums. Every time I pick up a buddy that has a PHX overnight when on a SWA, CAL, UAL, Alaska, JetBlue overnight and the subject comes up (which is EVERY TIME).

Dude, Cleary & USAPA have got you boxed in a mushroom factory by your own choice. You can say the sky is green and the grass is blue a million times as advised by the Iron Compass.....it still doesn't make it so. USAPA's legal team has raked in close to 7 million dollars in fees, only to show delay. If that is what you are shooting for, then you have indeed won (delay only). If you were shooting for something else, then perhaps you should re-assess your union.

Well thanks for your response. Honestly the subject never gets brought up in my cockpit. We are more focused on the crappy management that appears to be robbing all the employees of this airline while we fight amongst each other. Sorry that it appears to consume so much of your off time with other friends from other airlines.

Happy Holidays!!!

Sure...more than happy to oblige.
SW flight Jumpseat to BWI from Hometown USA. shortly after the Circuit Court jury ruled on Addington. Capt turns around in his seat and asks me " east or west ?" I tell him west. He sticks out his hand and says " Congratulations, I'm ex-west and what those guys are doing is flat out wrong "

He then proceed to tell me of an east jumpseater who showed up for a jumpseat ride on a PHL-MCO trip he was flying. The east pilot hands in his paperwork introduces himself and according to the Captain didn't even have hiss butt in the jumpseat yet and immediatley starts spouting off about how "if they think I'm going to pull gear for some 25 years old America West pilot for the rest of my career they got another thing coming..." yada -yada-yada. Mind you the east pilot lookinfg for a jumpseat ride home isn't even in the jumpseat and the cabin door is still open with jetway attached.

Finally, the Captain had about all he could stand from this guy and said "Look , I'm gonna tell you something. I'm a former America West pilot and I still I have alot of friends over there . Before we go any further, this conversation is going to stop right now. " move "

Increduiosly , the east pilot says to the Captain "Great I guess that means your not going to let me ride now "

The SW Capt, much to his credit replys " No. I already offered it to you. Its your jumpseat but I have to tell you the attitude has to improve or this airplane isn't going to move . "

The Captain said he sat down in the jumpseat, folded his arms acrossos his chest and didn't say a word all the way to Florida.

True story

If you want to get a feel for what the United guys think , let me know and I'll tell you about the crew I talked to in MEX. Have a Merry Christmas....

cv

Hi Convair, Thanks for your response. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but have had some things to do today. At any rate, true as some have stated a bit biased because of the SW Captain's prior employer. But that doesn't bother me. Of course he's going to be pissed. You did bring up a good point though, opening one's foot and inserting in one's mouth. I definitely got a chuckle out of reading it.

As I replied to Cactusboy53, the seniority issue doesn't get brought up with other airline jumper's. We like to talk about crappy Management here........

Happy Holidays!!!!

The West pilots have been given more than they could ever have obtained without the merger. They have the opportunity to fly bigger planes that the West does not have. The East pilots decided to share their profit sharing with the West pilots. The East pilots have even offered the West there to be fences for protection. There are many more things that could be listed that the East as offered the West.
This is a seniority based system!!!!! Never in a seniority based system should someone who only has 6 months under their belt ever be given greater (much greater) seniority than someone who has been here 20 years. What a joke. As far as a huge union you are screwed with that one too.....all a large union wants and cares about is money... so they want numbers in their membership..... they do not care anything about their members. Westies need to grow up and get a life and maybe the pilots could then get a contract and everyone would be better off for it. All the West pilots think about is their winey selves. :rolleyes:

This is completely incorrect! Without AWA AAA was toast period end of story. Fact, over 40% of the AAA pilot group was furloughed. Fact AAA was returning a/c to the lease holders. Fact AWA met your last 3 months payroll because AAA was flat broke. Fact all you brought to this merger was loud mouth furloughed pilots that Think they can just not honor their obligations. I think any more fact and your head might explode.

AWA320

I almost feel sorry for the guy. I honestly think he is so brainwashed he just doesn't know any better. Interesting how he thought his transgression would make the SW guy kick him off, as if that's something he would do. I'd be the first to tell a guy to shut his trap, but would NEVER kick him off the jumpseat.

How could a seasoned commuter be so dumb as not to know you don't talk politics when asking for the jumpseat unless the crew initiates it? You NEVER know who you are talking to or what their views are.

PS. I don't think they care what United guys think! ;)

You forget. We're talking about easties here, Jetz.

cv

I almost feel sorry for the guy. I honestly think he is so brainwashed he just doesn't know any better. Interesting how he thought his transgression would make the SW guy kick him off, as if that's something he would do. I'd be the first to tell a guy to shut his trap, but would NEVER kick him off the jumpseat.

How could a seasoned commuter be so dumb as not to know you don't talk politics when asking for the jumpseat unless the crew initiates it? You NEVER know who you are talking to or what their views are.

PS. I don't think they care what United guys think! ;)

They don't care what anyone thinks. They are legends in their own minds.

cv

Looks like you failed English, Cactusboy. I NEVER said it pertained, only used that link to show how wrong you are in saying that arbitrations are in favor as a means of settling disputes. It spells out in the beginning of the act exactly why they are losing favor. Not to worry. You can attend a class at the local community college to brush up your skills. That is, if you EVER graduated from High School.

By the way, the arbitration was an INTERNAL PROCESS used by the previous collective bargaining agent to arrive at a BARGAINING POSITION. I know those are awfully big words, but maybe someone can explain them to you in a method you'll understand since none of you guys are getting it yet.

My, my but aren't we an angry little beaver? To paraphrase Forest Gump.....:"I'm not a smart man Jenny, but I do know what final and binding arbitration is." .......Tell you what Pops, I'll look you up for a cup of coffee when I get out to Philly, CLT, or DCA (after I've finished with my A320 or B757 Captain IOE). Then we can discuss words & phrases like integrity, final & binding arbitration, keeping your word, cheat, liar, thief / thieves, the paths of the wicked, and of course forgiveness.

This is completely incorrect! Without AWA AAA was toast period end of story. Fact, over 40% of the AAA pilot group was furloughed. Fact AAA was returning a/c to the lease holders. Fact AWA met your last 3 months payroll because AAA was flat broke. Fact all you brought to this merger was loud mouth furloughed pilots that Think they can just not honor their obligations. I think any more fact and your head might explode.

AWA320
Fact,fact,fact.....I think you llittle tennis shoes are getting wet.

Yeah, because no US pilot left when you guys were in the coffin and the dirt was being poured until AWA saved you all from working at Home Depot.

Holy crap, what an idiot. I can't believe he would be so dumb to leave AWA. I thought AWA was the come all be all of airlines. Maybe , just maybe he used AWA like most use commuter airlines......a stepping stone to a real airline.

Ah....and you thought US Airways was?

AWA320
Absolutely wrong. Your numbers are WAAAY off. But what would I expect? If you can't call someone a name, you just make up stuff.

They'll believe ANYTHING. Take for example their leagl team.....

Yeah, because no US pilot left when you guys were in the coffin and the dirt was being poured until AWA saved you all from working at Home Depot.
Seeing your a awa early bailout I bet your working double shifts at Home Depot because of that great contract you had. Does this sound familiar" hey you wheres the

birdseed"?

Sure...more than happy to oblige.
SW flight Jumpseat to BWI from Hometown USA. shortly after the Circuit Court jury ruled on Addington. Capt turns around in his seat and asks me " east or west ?" I tell him west. He sticks out his hand and says " Congratulations, I'm ex-west and what those guys are doing is flat out wrong "

He then proceed to tell me of an east jumpseater who showed up for a jumpseat ride on a PHL-MCO trip he was flying. The east pilot hands in his paperwork introduces himself and according to the Captain didn't even have hiss butt in the jumpseat yet and immediatley starts spouting off about how "if they think I'm going to pull gear for some 25 years old America West pilot for the rest of my career they got another thing coming..." yada -yada-yada. Mind you the east pilot lookinfg for a jumpseat ride home isn't even in the jumpseat and the cabin door is still open with jetway attached.

Finally, the Captain had about all he could stand from this guy and said "Look , I'm gonna tell you something. I'm a former America West pilot and I still I have alot of friends over there . Before we go any further, this conversation is going to stop right now. " move "

Increduiosly , the east pilot says to the Captain "Great I guess that means your not going to let me ride now "

The SW Capt, much to his credit replys " No. I already offered it to you. Its your jumpseat but I have to tell you the attitude has to improve or this airplane isn't going to move . "

The Captain said he sat down in the jumpseat, folded his arms acrossos his chest and didn't say a word all the way to Florida.

True story

If you want to get a feel for what the United guys think , let me know and I'll tell you about the crew I talked to in MEX. Have a Merry Christmas....

cv
Wow! It's Déjà Vu all over again!

SW flight Jumpseat to BWI PHL from Hometown USA. shortly after before the Circuit Court jury ruled on Addington. Capt turns around in his seat and asks me "east or west ?" I tell him west east. He sticks out his hand out and shakes mine and says " Congratulations, I'm ex-west and what those guys are doing is flat out wrong " “ I can’t believe what is going on between you guys.”

He then proceeds to tell me of a east jumpseater who showed up for a jumpseat ride on a PHL-MCO trip he was flying. The east pilot hands in his paperwork introduces himself and according to the Captain didn't even have hiss butt in the jumpseat yet and immediatley starts spouting off about how "if they think I'm going to pull gear for some 25 years old America West pilot for the rest of my career they got another thing coming..." west jumpseater and how he commented that he couldn’t wait to start flying some of the international runs at Airways in the ‘Big Equipment.’ He tells the SW Capt that if the east can’t handle it, there'll be a lot of guys making a trip to the Chief Pilots office to discuss it. He also says that he could care less about the senority thing, he was entitled to the award and the east better get use to it. He goes on about how everyone out there is a bunch of angry old F/Os. They are mad about where their careers have gone and how they should have gotten on with a real airline yada -yada-yada.

Mind you that as an east pilot I wasn’t soliciting any comments, just a jumpseat ride to work. isn't even in the jumpseat and the cabin door is still open with jetway attached. All this was before the aircraft had even left the gate.

Finally, the Captain says had about “all he could stand from this guy and said "Look , I'm gonna tell you something. I'm a former America West pilot and I still I have alot of friends over there . Before we go any further, this conversation is going to stop right now. " move " “I never liked America West but I’d never use that to deny someone a ride home. You guys are always welcome aboard my flight,. Good luck in your fight.

Increduiosly ,Happily, the east pilot says to the Captain, "Great I guess that means your not going to let me ride now " “thanks for the ride, Southwest is my new favorite airline!

The SW Capt, much to his credit replys " No I already offered it to you. Its your jumpseat but I have to tell you the attitude has to improve or this airplane isn't going to move . " No problem, I hope you guys can settle this without anything nasty happening.

The Captain, said he sat down in the jumpseat, folded his arms acrossos his chest and didn't say a word all the way to Florida. the First Officer and the east pilot sat in the flight deck all the way home and had a most pleasant conversation during the entire flight talking about everything else going on in the world.

Hard to believe isn’t it but that too is a true story.

If you want to get a feel for what the United guys think ,let me know and I'll tell you about the crew I talked to in MEX. Ask my neighbor (767 Capt.), he can’t believe what is going on at Airways.

Have a Merry Christmas AND a Happy New Year!

cv MM

My Opinion

US Airline Pilots Association -- Labor Breaking An Agreement With Itself

Today’s greatest threat to organized labor is not management, but one of labor’s own threats to itself, the US Airline Pilots Association (USAPA). USAPA hopes to set a precedent in labor history as a union that arbitrarily chooses which binding agreements it will honor, regardless if such agreements were made with management, or its own members. If left unchecked, USAPA could jeopardize the integrity of any future arbitrated decisions (no matter with whom they are made), and create a divisional tactic within labor’s bargaining process where it will not be management, but the union who whipsaws labor against itself. Sadly, USAPA, who represents the pilots of US Airways, was created specifically to abrogate agreements, and intimidate its minority members into submission. Within such a union, there can be no unity, only tyranny. USAPA is a threat to the health of organized labor.

Before the creation of USAPA, a previous bargaining agent represented the pilots of US Airways. When a dispute arose between a majority and minority group of these pilots, both groups agreed to their then-bargaining agent’s policy of settling the dispute by use of an arbitrator. In a twist of irony, the majority had years ago co-authored the bargaining agent’s policy of using arbitration to settle such a dispute, yet it was only after the arbitrator rendered his decision that the majority complained of their own policy being “flawed.”

Only after they thought the arbitrator’s decision was unfair, and their own policy flawed did the majority attempt to renege on their binding agreement with the minority. When the previous bargaining agent overseeing the process insisted the majority honor its agreement, the majority sought another way to break its agreement. With greater-numbers of 2-to-1 being its only advantage, the majority called for a representational election, and easily voted-in USAPA in April 2008. The minority group was conscripted into USAPA, therefore denying them the oversight protections of their previous bargaining agent. Without any minority input, USAPA, operated only by the majority, drafted a constitution and by-laws that advantaged the majority at the expense of the minority. USAPA wrote its own solution to the previous dispute, a “proposal” that – if implemented – secured jobs for the minority, but had the potential to put out of work roughly 80% of the minority Phoenix-based US Airways pilots. Yessir, USAPA was a union born of the majority, by the majority, for the majority, and to heck with the minority who keeps its word.
Written by an America West pilot
Yaaawwwwwnnnnnnnn,

Could you pilots get a life and start working together? Cripes! You all hate eachother and that is why things are working like they are. It's not because of the law, previous decisions, etc., it's DIRECTLY and INDIRECTLY because of some piss and moaning cry babies who can't yell "Mommy" anymore. USAPA is now your union so deal with it and help to make it better.

Grow up, work together, but until you do management will continue to win and kick your arses. Sheesh!

Back