The Cities Are Announced!

I'm not really surprised by PHX. I am surprised by no BNA, MCI, or STL as well as no MHT or BUF. However that is only the cities that will be served initially by 14 flights. With the plan to go to 40 my guess is that we will see more cities, maybe even AUS, FLL, HOU, & LAX in addition to the ones I mentioned earlier.

I needed an ORD-PHL r/t on Monday Dec 15 and returning Tuesday Dec 16. I wanted out early on Monday and back late on Tuesday. Prices were - US $648 nonstop - AA $646.50 nonstop - CO $975 change of plane in EWR and 1 leg RJ - UA website down over 20 mins so forget about them - TZ $295.50 out of MDW nonstop - DL $653 change in CVG and 1 leg an RJ - NW $658.98 change plane in DTW.
I will drive the extra 45 mins to MDW and save myself $350. I think when WN enters the market, then the BIG 6 will get serious about matching fares. To me, coach is coach, especially when the flight is 2 hours or less. If B6 enters the ORD market, the Big Boys better really take notice.
I think PHL will be a tremendous money maker for WN, especially with the walk-up fares capped at $299 one-way and $598 roundtrip.
I priced a R/T on US from PHL-PVD for the same dates and times as above just for kicks. A coach seat was $932!!!! That is almost $2 a mile to get you there and back. No wonder WN is starting that market. Just my views......

Back